Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did Saddam Have WMD?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
241 replies to this topic

#1    DreamRebel

DreamRebel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

• Knowledge is the weapon of choice. Those who possess it shall prevail.

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:46 PM

[Edit] Post removed

#2    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (DreamRebel @ Jan 27 2004, 05:46 PM)
Did Saddam have ever have WMD? Were they moved? Did he never have them in the first place?

Another touchy topic...

But I think he did and still does... I think they are either hidden underground somewhere in Iraq or he had them moved to Syria.

Just my opinioin..  blink.gif  

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#3    DreamRebel

DreamRebel

Psychic Spy

• 1,038 posts

• Knowledge is the weapon of choice. Those who possess it shall prevail.

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:51 PM

[Edit] Post removed

#4    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (DreamRebel @ Jan 27 2004, 05:51 PM)
I tend to agree with you. Yes, had them and are buried in the desert or were moved to places like Syria and Lebenon. Do you think we will ever find them?

If he hasn't or doesn't have them destroyed... yes.. I believe we will find them.

It could take time though

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#5    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:57 PM

He did have WMD (it was supported by USA btw). Most of them had been destroyed or smuggled out of Iraq. We will only find what Saddam forgot to remove. But it doesn't really matter now.

#6    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:59 PM

I think he may have had a few things that he wasn't supposed to...

Enough to warrant going to war? I won't open up that can of worms...

I don't think we will ever find very much in the ways of evidence. If they couldn't find it with all of the technology that the weapons inspectors had before the war, I doubt we could find anything now.

If you consider that they don't even really need to find the weapons themselves; just the trace evidence that is left from their production and storage, it seems like it would be a fairly easy task, they can only be made in certain facilities. it isn't like you can have a chemical weapons production plant in a hidden facility in the middle of the desert...It takes a bit of technology and lots of support systems in place to build the scary stuff, which leaves a lot of evidence...

So far we have zilch...

The fact that Bush used the "fact" of saddams WMD to go to war in the first place is going to come back to bite him in the butt in my opinion...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#7    saxcatz

saxcatz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• There are only 10 kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary
    and those who don't!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:07 PM

Asking if Saddam HAD WMDs is like asking if the sun rose this morning.  Of course; it's not even up for debate.  
Now, wether or not he has WMDs now if a bit more controversial.  I see no reason why he would be so uncooperative with inspectors and secretive in his activities had he destroyed them.  Had he even destroyed MOST of them, I think he would be out waving a flag to call people's attention to his compliance.  
Instead, he played cloak and dagger games and constantly taunted the UN and it's member nations.  Even if Saddam didn't have WMDs; he WANTED everyone to think that he did (without being so forth-right as to say it in public; an action that would've, no doubt, garaunteed the end of his regime.)  That alone is enough for me to believe that action of some sort was nessecary...

The Saxfiend (AKA "SaxCatz")
saxcatz@hotmail.com
Saxophonist and Software Engineer (AKA "Code Jockey")
"What do you mean IF these walls could talk?"

#8    saxcatz

saxcatz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• There are only 10 kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary
    and those who don't!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:11 PM

And folks, while tearing President Bush a new as... err... rectal cavity, please remember:
Saddam actions before the war could definitely be considered antagonizing, and he did little to nothing to avert the encounter.  Perhaps, Saddam HAD weapons of mass destruction at the start of the war and quietly destroyed them in a last ditch attempt to shame the US gov't.  Think of it as a big "going out" party...

The Saxfiend (AKA "SaxCatz")
saxcatz@hotmail.com
Saxophonist and Software Engineer (AKA "Code Jockey")
"What do you mean IF these walls could talk?"

#9    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,635 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:14 PM

Saddam murdered a countless amount of human beings. HE is the WMD, regardless of the means in which he did it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#10    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:14 PM

I agree saxcatz.... I back the war because something had to be done.  With someone as unpredictable and as dangerous as Saddam... I dont' feel the Government was is in any position to take any chances.... I feel the right thing was done... and now we don't have Saddam to worry about anymore... and I feel that Osama will be caught soon...

On that note... i really don't know what to think about there being a connection between Al Quida and Iraq... but i believe that both are euqally dangerous.

#11    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Sweetpumper @ Jan 27 2004, 06:14 PM)
Saddam murdered a countless amount of human beings. HE is the WMD, regardless of the means in which he did it.

Good way of looking at it Sweetpumper   thumbsup.gif  

#12    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,470 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (fluffybunny @ Jan 27 2004, 01:59 PM)
The fact that Bush used the "fact" of saddams WMD to go to war in the first place is going to come back to bite him in the butt in my opinion...

I agree. I don't know if he had WMD, but that was his justification for going to war.

Please don't any one bite my head off but yes I believe that Saddam Hussain had to be stopped...I also think that George W. is one scary dude!

Dot9M

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

#13    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Sweetpumper @ Jan 27 2004, 11:14 AM)

I can definately see what you are saying on that respect. He did kill a lot of people. His own people.

I get a bad feeling about it though.

I was in the Army in 1990 and 1991. I was a medic, and ended up going to the first war there. He invaded another country, I could see the reasons for Bush Sr. to do what he did. I was very supportive.

If you want to look at the huge sums of people that have been killed, that seems to happen on a regular basis on the african continent, but it never seems to get the same coverage or reaction...

Also the Bush plans from 2001(Before 9/11) that looked at removing Saddam is a bit suspect in my opinion.

And the fact that after 9/11/2001 everything went from being a problem with Al queda and Afghanistan to being a problem with Iraq(who we now find out didn't actually have any links to the terrorists...) seems very suspect.

Have you ever read 1984? You know how the Ministry of truth keeps changing the enemy to keep the war machine going? does that sound familiar?

It seems that the American people were sold a bill of goods, that wasn't what it seemed to be...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

#14    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,719 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:01 PM

Please don't any one bite my head off but yes I believe that Saddam Hussain had to be stopped...I also think that George W. is one scary dude!

You should only be scared of President Bush if you are a terrorist or are harboring a terrorist.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#15    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (joc @ Jan 27 2004, 12:01 PM)
You should only be scared of President Bush if you are a terrorist or are harboring a terrorist.

...or an American who hates to see his freedoms stripped away by the patriot act...or a US soldier afraid to die for questionable causes...or any free citizen of the world who is afraid to see the US go to war for questionable reasons...or???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users