Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Turnbull Canyon

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    Dryaxx

Dryaxx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:55 PM

Why do i live in Denmark. no Cool haunted places or ghosts (-_-)

after what i've heard i REALLY want to visit that place ^^

#17    jacoser93

jacoser93

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

check this out

http://www.sgvtribun...news/ci_4231512

#18    n2opony

n2opony

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

I live in the area, I've heard about all those stories but the OP has left the best one out, Midgets! yes, you read that right, Midgets, there is suppose to be a midget town somewhere up there where only midgets live, small houses, shops etc..

#19    drpaxton

drpaxton

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

View Postn2opony, on 06 October 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

I live in the area, I've heard about all those stories but the OP has left the best one out, Midgets! yes, you read that right, Midgets, there is suppose to be a midget town somewhere up there where only midgets live, small houses, shops etc..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20    rrainn

rrainn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

wow Chemically Romanced , I know it's been a while since you' posted_

Who'd a thung..... right? And Right.  I live in Whittier , at the base of turnbull canyon. anyway..
Since the 60"s I've felt weird just starting to ,rather, to TRY and get my dog to walk w/ me up there .
She won't go.  So I  started going to the library to lookin into Whittier's old News papers.   yup !  as
you've stated . wow . what really caugh my attention was.....  'Dead Mans Park' ..  on Broadway &  Mag.
Ha!  They really did just keep the bodies in the ground ! And made a park out of this 159 years old graveyard.
And  two boards just for the names ....( Whittier Daily News)  A lot of history!
I agree , Whittier and it past is very strange.

Quote   Sarcasm is the lowest from of comunication
~ Hans Decos~

Edited by rrainn, 07 October 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#21    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Cool article, though many of the ghost stories just sound like  regular clichéd ghost stories/urban legends. The blood dripping onto the car, the hanging man...

But still cool, nevertheless.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#22    michaelhrtmn

michaelhrtmn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

I LIVED IN WHITIER! i knew Gloria Gaxiola. she was my neighbor. when i was in second grade i found out she was murdered. i am 17 now and ive been following anything and everything ther is about Turnball Canyon. Gravity Hill, the cults, albino areas, and every ******* nightmare u would ever dream of is ther. im not kidding i went up ther back in June. if u go to Universal Studios halloween horror nights, or Knotts Scary Farm, yeah try going to Turnball canyon.Turnbull Canyon is not a safe place. Standing in the canyon, you can get a feeling of something being slightly wrong. Those of you who have been there know that feeling.
Its legends range from satanic cults to psychotic murderers, from extraterrestrial activities to haunted burial grounds.Its legends range from satanic cults to psychotic murderers, from extraterrestrial activities to haunted burial grounds. so long story short before i get into any more i just want to say it took me a long time to find this page and website. its taken me a couple of years to find ANY possible information that i have the feeling of a born local of Whittier or Hacienda Heights. so DONT GO ALONE, and if u do bring a coffin, its for you. if you go in a group, dont be an idiot, bring a gun or guns. because i was chased with my friends one night in January 2011. so thank u for this page who ever created it. if anybody would like to see further information, *SNIP*

**Please do not publically post e-mail addresses**

Edited by Lilly, 25 October 2012 - 12:23 AM.
removed private content

#23    michaelhrtmn

michaelhrtmn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 07 October 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

Cool article, though many of the ghost stories just sound like  regular clichéd ghost stories/urban legends. The blood dripping onto the car, the hanging man...

But still cool, nevertheless.
  dear MisstreeDove dont feel like its all fake ive been ther ive even seen **** you wouldnt beleive

#24    michaelhrtmn

michaelhrtmn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

View Postn2opony, on 06 October 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

That is a crock of BS. that wasnt true people tried to put up a happy side of the canyon but there just being ****ing stupid

#25    smilemoon

smilemoon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

View Postmichaelhrtmn, on 24 October 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

That is a crock of BS. that wasnt true people tried to put up a happy side of the canyon but there just being stupid

I heard about the midgets. They are said to be VERY mean and can kill you. But all sorts of odd people lived in the empty houses before they were torn down it might even be true.

The plane crash did happen but it's not a mystery. It is true there was no American Airlines flight. But it wasn't an American Airlines that crashed.
Check it out--

http://www3.gendisas...-hills-apr-1952

Many that died were servicemen, NOT children.

Drifters, stay outta Hacienda Heights. The police are watching you at The Gates of Hell and you all deserve to be caught!

/myth busted

#26    pukin Rainbows24-7

pukin Rainbows24-7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• questions, questions everywhere

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

for the people who want to go there but are scared, try astral projection or remote viewing

Posted Image

#27    michaelhrtmn

michaelhrtmn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

midgets do NOT live up ther -_- i went ther at least 7 days a month for two months. i know about the plane crash. ther were no kids. but the Gates Of Hell is still inknown. the only reason nobody goes back there is because its never been heard of.

#28    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Evil midgets at the gates of hell?

Sounds like a Clive Barker short story.

#29    smilemoon

smilemoon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

I foresee this happening:

Some kid(s) thinks it would be cool to scare ppl in the canyon and wears a hooded
outfit. He goes at night and starts charging at a group of ppl. The scheme works at
first until one in the frightened party pulls out a gun and shoots the kid(s). When
day comes, it's in the news.

Someday maybe Halloween will turn into some kind of celebration at TBC? Everybody goes
up and wears hooded outfits just for kicks and it becomes a casual gathering like a
festival of the towns. Or maybe not..!!! :o

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL AND BE SAFE

#30    stimpy88

stimpy88

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Hey, all, I was wondering if anyone could take a photo of the entrance to Hell's Gates? I was really trying to find it two weeks ago but had no luck, maybe I was at least close. I did find a small abanonded house off of avocado terrace, if anybody knows more about that I'd love to hear it.  This is the video I took of it when I was up there :
that great, but maybe if anybody's been up there, it'll look familiar. Like I said if anybody could take a photo, that'd be great! :) Otherwise it seemed pretty safe, I didn't run into any trouble and the view from the mesa on skyline is gorgeous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users