Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How do you fly in your dreams?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    crazyrichie

crazyrichie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

I once fell out of a plane in a dream. First it was scary as I was falling to the surface but then I just flew off like superman. It was really cool. This happened a long time ago, though. and this is all I can remember of it. Hope it helps out.

#17    minimize me

minimize me

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

• :-)

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:36 PM

My dreams are weird
I lay in bed and dont realise ive gone to sleep then dont know whats goin on (as in dont recall dreamin movin or anythin) and suddenly im fallin. just suddenly appeared in mid air.
not in a puff of smoke kind of suddenly but a just turned on the tv kind. im falling down but forwards aswell like ive run off something. i hit the floor and then my dreams awake if that makes sense and i can see myself lookin around my room but i now know im still asleep. i then wake up and look around my room

like i said weird

try as i might i can nvr fly or float only fall !?!

Hello UM Users

???Are We Alone???

#18    exeller

exeller

Poltergeist

• 2,963 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:30 AM

One time I tried to fly, but I got stuck in the air........and not because I was too fat. No joke.

Though, I did skate on liquid water, with sharks under me.  Lucid dreams kick a$$.

Edited by exeller, 22 January 2008 - 02:31 AM.

#19    Angel Proof

Angel Proof

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• there is no love without pain
    so i've heard. Noone and Anyone will
    change what you have created:]

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:39 AM

haha its funny when i dream cus when i fly in my dreams i sort of jump a little but it usually happens when i jump off something in my dreams then i sort of wake up like sometimes when my brother or sister are sleeping they sort of jump too then when they wake up they tell me that they where dreaming of flying original.gif
but when i try to run it seems impossible i dont kno why but its usually when sumone or something is chasing me it feels wierd and it also takes alot out of me like as if i was running too much but i really didnt well in slow motin no.gif

(\__/) this is bunny. copy and paste him into your
(='.'=) signature and help him gain world domanation.
(")_(")

#20    Star_girl

Star_girl

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

• I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. Og Mandino

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:46 AM

I love flying in my dreams! I normally just 'will' myself to fly and up I go with no resistance at all. I can then go where ever I want to! I normally only fly at night time (it is normally dark in my dreams) but on the odd occation I do fly in the daytime and see everyone looking and pointing at me!

I can also land at any spot I chose be it land or water... (I can also normally breath underwater so it isn't really a problem if I sink!)

Edited by Star_girl, 22 January 2008 - 05:47 AM.

Posted Image
Sig by The Scorpion

#21    Mr.Dot

Mr.Dot

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

Usually when I fly, then I cant control the flight, I kind of jump off then levitates a distance before I slowly approach the ground, then I jump again. "I use trees and stuff to change direction" This can sometimes lead to flying like superman but not so often. Its hard to run in my dreams also, it feels like im running underwater, and I sometimes run with all four so i can drag myself foward with my hands, this gives me a boost in speed grin2.gif

There are other people here in this thread describing the same experiences, Interesting.

#22    ElvisJ04

ElvisJ04

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:23 AM

Ok...

When I fly in my dreams it happens in different ways...

The first way it happened was I had wings and I climbed to the top of a building and jumped off and glided

The second was walked on air as if I was walking on stairs

and the third and most common way is I'll take of running then sort of dive and I "catch" myself about a foot off the ground and I start flying

#23    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:51 AM

Reptilian on Dec 27 2007, 01:15 AM, said:

Forget flying. How do you run in your dreams.

Ever tried running when you're dreaming? It's impossible.

Rofl, yeah.. Sometimes I can't even see in my dreams :| I realise that I'm dreaming but then wake up slightly with enough awareness to realise that my eyelids are closed.  I hate when that happens  mad.gif

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#24    loganXman

loganXman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

• I go or i wanna go..

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

yeah, as for me...i've been flying for sometime now. (in my dreams that is) but when i fly i have to start off with that 3 step thing. i then do a swimming move to propel myself which is very frustrating. One time i did just aim with the middle of my two fists to navigate where i wished to go..... that was so cool and super fast. i was goin super fast to where ever i pointed the fist at.

Even when i know im dreamin, i decide to fly b4 anything. You can always manipulate your dreams only if you know your are dreaming......, so good flight to all and happy landings,....im off to bed now....lol  grin2.gif

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand.
That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomie Partris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
-Boondock Saints

#25    Torgo

Torgo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

• I aM tOrGo... I tAkE cArE oF tHe PlAcE wHiLe ThE mAsTeR iS aWaY...

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:56 AM

I VERY seldom fly in dreams.  This last time was like a year and a half ago, maybe more.  I would just be standing, and feel totally relaxed and just sort of move my arms back and chest forward like i was stretching... and i would totally relax my mind and feel just sort of a lightness in my chest and just rise straight up, slowly (this was entirely from a first-person viewpoint).   I one time managed to go like a thousand feet over my neighborhood.  I had to be totally relaxed for it to work - I was distressed for some reason later in the dream, and i tried and just sorta rose a foot and fell, and that got me really distressed so i couldn't do it at all the rest of the dream.

Entirely non-lucid dream there, by the way.

#26    (Moonlight)

(Moonlight)

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

• Lover of Physics

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:52 AM

The only time I can really do it is when I'm running away. And that's running really slowly, too because I can't go any faster. The more dangerous the thing I'm running from, (ie, forest fire) the more chance I have of doing it. But when I do, I can only get about five meters off the ground, going any higher or for a long time causes me to fall like a ton of bricks. Actually, usually if I'm running and can't get off the ground (whether knowingly or not) I'll usually end up running through things with a bit of effort. But I have to push really hard against it before anything like that can happen.

And if I fall when I'm flying, trust me, it hurts. Once I landed on my nose...

Everything happens in conjunction with everything else. If you went back in time and changed one thing, every event caused by it will be changed. Even if it was just something as small as a speck of dust...

#27    Godzillaaaa

Godzillaaaa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

The coolest thing Ive done in a dream is used the Force to move a curtain. Then Criss Angel was there and e put me on his show, then I couldnt do it anymore and he yelled at me...sad.gif

#28    WraithGod

WraithGod

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• "There have been tens of thousands of sightings and experiences... if only one is true the entire case, the non-reality, falls apart."

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

If I fly in my dreams, I have wings.  Waking up is a little disconcerting after one of those.  Even my dreams have to make some scientific sense, apparently, lol.

Unfortunately, I don't really get lucid dreams.  They always feel like awake life to me.  As soon as I start to get lucid (my real memories and where I SHOULD be sneaking into my mind), I wake up.

"'But the Devil, when he purports any evil against man, first perverts
his mind.''
Posted Image
"Whom God wishes to destroy, he first makes mad."

#29    Mcr13

Mcr13

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

• Oh how wrong we were to think
    That immortality meant never dying
    - Our Lady Of Sorrows by My Chemical Romance

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:28 AM

IN my flying dreams, I spread my arms out and run for a few seconds, then I soar up into the sky. As long as my arms are spread out, I can fly. It's so beautiful and I can actually see the view from over my apartments! What if flying in your dreams is your soul flying in the sky while you are sleeping, and the feeling you get is real? Hehe, just a random thought....

This signature is such a drag....

#30    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:14 AM

May I ask how you lucid dream? Because I still can't control my dreams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users