Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How do you fly in your dreams?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31    Eieam Wun

Eieam Wun

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

• I'm not a pillow....don't sleep on me!

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:38 AM

Reptilian on Dec 26 2007, 10:15 AM, said:

Forget flying. How do you run in your dreams.

Ever tried running when you're dreaming? It's impossible.

For the longest time I thought it was impossible too, but what I found out is that you have to THINK your running, for instance, one time I had what seemed to be like long hockey sticks so that I was able to experience the feeling of pumping my arms.  The other day I dreamnt I was so larger that the highway was like a track field, Though I wasn't acuatly running fast I experience the speed due to the scenary passing by at a quick pace.  If you attempt to run regular yeah it is impossible because you are attempting to PHYSICALLY run when it is a dream your in, you have to THINK or MENTALLY RUN.

intelligence works to gather information
awarness effortlessly gathers information
and one can be aware of their intelligence
...but vis versa is unintelligible

http://www.myspace.com/thewhynsos  see we

#32    ElvisJ04

ElvisJ04

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:41 AM

Electrokinesis is me on Jan 29 2008, 03:14 AM, said:

May I ask how you lucid dream? Because I still can't control my dreams.

For me....I just do it....

umm....the first time I had a lucid dream I had a lot to drink before going to bed (water...milk...orange juice.....that sorta thing....I dont drink alcohol)

I had been up since 5.....went to bed at about 11 (I went to bed about 1 the night before) so I was really tired......and I woke up about 3 (cause.....guess what? I had to go to the bathroom....tongue.gif) and then I went back to bed

I've read about lucid dreaming and I rmember something about how the best way to do it is to sleep for about 5 hours, wake up then go back to sleep (or something like that)

I've also been awake before and gone straight into a lucid dream (VERY tripping.....and extremly terrifying) I saw all these swirling shapes and colors and heard noises and I felt something grab me by the ankles and pull me under the bed but I didnt move....it really freaked me out tongue.gif

#33    Menith

Menith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:37 PM

HammeroftheGods on Dec 26 2007, 09:58 PM, said:

I know what you mean. However, I have a recurring dream where I find myself unable to run as you say. But when I drop down on all fours and run like a cat would(front "legs" pulling through back legs before stretching back out) I run at speeds I've never known before. I have this dream often although it's not always the same location.

I can't run either, but I am a supersonic fast swimmer and when I reach certain speeds I start to fly. I often dream about swimmingpools, dunno why xD

Another thing that is kinda weird is the clocks. First time you watch it, it's say around 10, then you look away and watch again. Now it's like 6 or something. So, whatever you do, do not trust clocks tongue.gif

While(!Sleep)
{
      sheep++;
}

#34    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,862 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:11 PM

LOL, I havent flown in dreams for ages... Id run and jump up into the air, then flight was rather peter panish

#35    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,228 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:07 AM

Interesting topic...I, for one, never fly in my dreams...I'm afraid of flying! crying.gif

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#36    branflakes

branflakes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• "Keep your mind wide open."

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

in my dreams, i only can fly by standing on a strange stick that hovers off the ground about two inches, and inanother dream, i started to float off, and i couldn't get down.
My dad can fly in his dreams if he holds up a pack of cards.

#37    red-star

red-star

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

• extrordinary claims require extrordinary evidence

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

i can actually choose when i want to fly in my dreams, i can also actually wake up from my dreams, but i cannot fully control them, change the surroundings,characters etc

Edited by red-star, 03 March 2008 - 05:51 PM.

#38    * Mister-E. *

* Mister-E. *

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:41 AM

Unfortunately I haven't flown in dreams in many years...   But.............
When I was a child I did it fairly often. And there were three different modes of flying.
After reading a few of the posts, it seems that people who dream of flying often have different modes of flight.
My ways were this:

1. I would suddenlly float slowly up from the ground and hover around places at a slow speed, usually not more than 6 to 10 feet of the ground. It was very peaceful and pleasant.

2. I had this "magic rod" that I would hold out between both hands, and suddenly I would be pulled along at high speed, just above ground level at about 3 feet high, belly down and feet almost touching the ground. This was a fast and fun ride.

3. Mode 3 was the typical superman power, where I could fly at any height and any speed, I would fly high and low, slow and fast, with complete control. Yet, strangely,  the other 2 modes seemed more vivid and memorable.

I apparently lost the ability to fly in dreams somewhere between age 20 and 30. Bummer, eh?!! I can't remember when the last time was.

Posted Image
             Indecipherable Alien Hieroglyphics Found at Roswell N.M. ? ?

#39    shadowfrostt

shadowfrostt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:24 AM

Reptilian on Dec 26 2007, 09:15 AM, said:

Ever tried running when you're dreaming? It's impossible.

Strange. In what few dreams I recall, I have no issue running. I've never even thought of flying in my dreams, though. So to put it simply, I don't fly.
As far as running, for me it's just like in real life. But then... I've only ever realized I was dreaming once, sadly enough.

#40    MNPRED

MNPRED

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• a room without a book is like a body without a soal

come to the dark side, we have cookies

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:36 AM

you mean in a lucid dream? you just have to BELEVE THAT WHEN YOU do something it will result in you flying, the trick to doing any thing in a lucid dream is to beleve without a dought.

try this sight

a room with out a book is like a body with out a soal

come to the dark side, we have cookies

#41    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

Being a former swimming teacher and lifeguard instructor, I actually go through swimming motions when flying and when I land I flap my arms like wings for some odd reason.  One time I was a dragon which to tell the truth ruled.

#42    SeEtHeR

SeEtHeR

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

I need to learn how to fly.  I try but Im more like
hopping or barely hovering.

#43    Foongus

Foongus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 170 posts

• It's not who you are underneath; it's what you do that defines you.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:42 PM

I only fly in my dreams sometimes. I cant run either, Im always so slow.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ

#44    Never Say Die

Never Say Die

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

I have to grow wings in my dreams before I can fly. I've always had to imagine the wings sprouting and growing, if I try flying without wings I just fall x3

#45    Kaitsu

Kaitsu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:09 AM

I have never been able to fly in my dreams, even though I have always wanted to fly. :/  I generally wander around on foot in my dreams.

Edited by Kaitsu, 14 June 2008 - 08:09 AM.

The Wizard's Sixth Rule: The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users