Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unsolved: Flying Humanoids

Scar

After the thing about the Mexican, who seen the thing with he couldn't explain. Anyway made me think how many other semi beleiveable reports existed

Mad Inventors? Several people saw a flying man over Chehalis, Washington on January 6, 1948. Bernice Zaikowski was one of them. She was soon joined by some schoolchildren who asked to come into her garden to get a better view of the aerial mystery. The man, in an upright position, was hovering just 20 feet above her barn, she estimated. He was apparently kept aloft by long silver wings that were strapped to his body. He seemed to have controls of some kind on his chest, which he worked to maneuver himself with a lot of whizzing noise.

A strikingly similar case was reported eight years later in Falls City, Nebraska. On a fall afternoon in 1956, "John Hanks" saw a winged creature flying only about 15 feet above the ground. Its wings were like shiny aluminum and had multi-colored lights running along their underside. The wings, spanning 15 feet, were clearly attached to the man by means of a shoulder harness. This flying man also had some kind of control panel affixed to his chest, and he manipulated the dials as he flew. This sighting could be attributed to some remarkable invention if not for the witnesses description of the flying man himself: leathery wrinkled skin, large watery blue eyes and a face that was "very frightening, almost demonic." The witness also attested that he was paralyzed as this "man" flew over.

Cont

So what you guys think . Mad Scientist's at work, or creepy unknown thingymabobbers thumbsup.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• man_in_mudboots

• shirini

• Fluffybunny

• Scar

Some mad scientists that were killed during their own experiment (that's why they never published their works grin2.gif )

interesting, but i found absolutly no info......only stuff about physchic flying

well the Large blue eyes *could* be flying goggles...

interesting it sounds almost like mothman. that mothman incident actually happened close to where i live, but the movie was just a bunch of hollywood bull****. disgust.gif

Yes. Nebraska and Washington have produced many an ingenious specimen.

But is it really the work of a mad scientist or a mad witness?

I've read about this and other stories about men with attached wings and apparatuses on their chest.It sounds crazy especially when it was back in the 40's and even further back.Are these the angels people talk about? wacko.gif

It is a compact Jet pack, and we already know that they explode, which why don't use them. huh.gif

ACME brand jetpack...(Loony Tunes music plays in Fluffy's head)

I think that Mr. Moe may have a very good point...

There really is no way to know for certain who or what these winged anomalies are at this time. All we know for certain is that since the late 19th century, people in the U.S. have reported a myriad of flying humanoids which can not be explained. It is interesting to note, however, that a number of these sightings do occur in U.F.O. "windows".

It is a compact Jet pack, and we already know that they explode, which why don't use them.   huh.gif

ACME brand jetpack...(Loony Tunes music plays in Fluffy's head)

I think that Mr. Moe may have a very good point...

Please read article;

http://www.flying-contraptions.com/history.html

it's not a loony tunes, it was real device, Bell aerosytem, eng. Wendell Moore made it workable in 1953. The US amry request study program in 1959. but the first person who tried to make a pack was a very brave german dude, who starpped gunpowder to his back.

i can only imagine his (that german fellow)fate.......

guys buck rogers, wendell moore and the german dude were not mad scieniits, there freaking genuiss'. Ok so their inventions wasn't really usefull. The german started his experment sin the 1920's, other scientist also tried work on up untill Wedell Moore made the pack workiable 1953, before Wendell another Eng. also named Moore in 1949 was succsull. it's possiable that it might have been something else, but Godang this pretty dam close.

bTw Mud, i used to have the clip of the first pack experiments on my puter, they are funny as hell, i try to find them and post them up.

it's not a loony tunes,  it was  real device,  Bell aerosytem, eng. Wendell Moore made it workable in 1953.

I have seen the jetpack before, it is very cool(It was also in the beggining of The Six Million Dollar Man)... I think at one point in the early 60's the Army was looking at them to allows scouts to get a better view of targets (although they themselves would have made a wonderful target for the enemy), but the designers could never get the jetpack to give any more that 90 seconds of thrust, it just wasn't enough for the military to warrant the purchase price...

The Loony Tunes that I mentioned wasn't in reference to anyone being crazy; it was in reference to Wile E. Coyote. He was the Loony Tunes cartoon coyote that was forever buying rocket rollerskates and other such explosive devices to catch the Roadrunner...(it never worked)

I have since linked any wacky scientific experiment to the Loony Tunes music theme...

Anyone seen the Family Guy where Peter run down road runner, and Coyote told him to drive on??? laugh.giflaugh.gif i liked that.

Anyway I think there could be a real case for mad inventors sometimes an inventor can be the first to succesfully create somehting ang get no credit whatsoever. All the debate over the Welshman who flew succesfully 30 years before the Writes is an example. The wrinkly skin, perhaps a blast mask like they used on flying fortresses?