Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Past Life Regression.. is it real?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    GypsyWolf

GypsyWolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• If you wanna live life on your own terms, ya gotta be willing to crash and burn.

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:44 AM

I want to state up front that I am NOT presenting this as fact. I am merely telling you my experience, and fact or dream, it was pretty darn cool.

I have always had a certain set of phobias that didn't make sense, lucid dreams, and even what appeared to be memories of things. beginning from an early age, like 4, I was obsessed with Civil War stuff and Native American stuff that should have been of no interest to a child. As I grew, I held absolutely no fear of wild animals, even seemed to fit in with them.... so because i do believe in reincarnation, I decided to try a past life regression. My friend is going into psychology-- actually 3 of my good freinds are-- but Brit is closets to graduation. I ask if she'd like to try past life regression and she decided yes.

It began with relaxation and the intial hypnosis... counting backwards and such-- no there weren't any dangling pendulums. Anyways in the first vision, or whatever it was. I saw myself looking at a large-- formidable black she-wolf that i recognized as my spirit guide. Then I felt a slight 'jolt' and found myself in the wolf's body. In the scens that followed, I felt myself running along the soft grass-- smelling for game. I felt such a rush, like adrenaline running through me as the chase suddenly began, there was a huge pack with me as well. It flashed from that to what appeared to be a den with several pups lounging at my feet-- for the first time I felt truly happy and free. My freind said I actually made noises like a snarling sound....

There was a large BANG and it all went black, playing another scene where I realized i was standing by a river. Looking down I saw that i was wearing a doeskin dress and my hair was black. Somehow I knew I was an indian girl, Cherokee to be exact. Behind me were rows of neat tipi's and a fire burning in the middle. There was a large handsome brave suddenly standing behind me, and I felt love-- I realized this was my husband. Such a strange feeling as commitment has NEVER been my thing were men are concerned. I followed the brave back tot he small camp and then all went black and I saw myself sitting on a horse-- everything was tense, choking me. I felt like I was inside a body doing just as it damn well pleased and I was merely observing through it's eyes-- scary feeling. The horse I rode was dark, with paint along it's neck and I realized we were going to war. Something was very very painful, like in my chest. There was anger too, I can't explain but sorta like grief. It was difficult to bear but somehow I turned the horse and rode away with a group of men, essentially going to war and the feeling that came over me was one of-- pure energy....a joy in watching the men in the saddles ahead die. That too is scary to me.

It broke there and within a few moments I saw a large mansion, with wagons rolling through the yard. Wagins dragging cannons. With another slight 'jolt' I could tell I was looking out a window and looking down, when i looked around the room was very old fashioned looking, Civil War era. Really couldnt tell what I looked like though.. I could hear nasty sounding men calling me 'half breed'-- with a LOT of clarity I could see I had on a red dress of some sort and I was very very angry. In fact, i could feel that same grief and sorrow from the previous vision. aloud i was saying not again not again. Indicating to me that I'd been widowed again perhaps. Don't know how I knew that, i just know I didn't like the feeling. This one was fairly short but violent, because suddenly the walls int he white room were splattered with blood. I havent a clue what happened and i don't want to know, I feel like I died very young all three times and usually fighting...

Now, that done with, I submitted the question to my friend as I will you. Mind I am ONLY interested in hearing your honest opinions and no smart comments..

Now to fully submit the whole story, I AM a writer and I have written Civil War stories for years, I am currently working in a skinwalker romance story and I do watch such things on TV. So is this a fantasy in my subliiminal mind? Or real memories? Could my writing be some form of automated writing where I'm recording memories?

I do believe in reincarnation.. but I wonder if past life regression works? Mmm the possibilities are endless, and I'm open enough to accept that maybe this was just a weird -- dream- like thing--

Anyways, have fun! I'm open to pm chat about this but I won't debate it here.

"There's a fine line between paranormal and paranoid, make sure you know the difference." -- ME, 2007

#2    AllP0werToSlaves

AllP0werToSlaves

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• Nailed in your chair, you're living dismally...

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

That sounds pretty damn interesting to me; how long did the whole process take?

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools, shown in the media, or proclaimed by the church and state. Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance, taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality, a collective dream in which values are inverted, lies are taken as truth, and tyranny is accepted as security. They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity"-Thomas Cox

#3    sumthingnice60

sumthingnice60

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

I once heard about this incarnation story of a boy who was an incarnation of a Vietnam pilot. The pilot died at 22. This same boy, while growing up, had knowledge of the army and air force at a very young age. He grew up and died at 22 also. I also believe that the boy's parents were somehow related to the pilot. It might just be a coincidence but it is very interesting. You might have a similar experience where you are a reincarnation and you possess the memories of those before you. On the other hand, these might just be dreams that you had in your hypnotic state. I'm no psych expert but I'm throwing this out there as a possibility.  Personally, I am very skeptical to this whole thing, but once we rule out what we know, whatever is left has to be true no matter how weird it sounds.

#4    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

• The greatest sceptics are normally the biggest sheep. Anon

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

My question to people who claim to have had past life experences, why is it always one that has drama, why not a life that was normal like the billions of people who existed whom they claim to be. eg., afriend of napeloin. of Marie Antoinnete. why is it never normal why is it always something that has to be out of the ordinary.

www.tmblive.com
If you dont know what it is, it must be art.

#5    GypsyWolf

GypsyWolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• If you wanna live life on your own terms, ya gotta be willing to crash and burn.

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

The process took about 2 1/2 hours and there were 3 breaks-- where the trance would shatter before scenes switched. I wouldn't say it was particularly dramatic just really sorrowful. I wasn't like famouse or anything though. And no, it didn't resolve my paralyzing fear of cows and powerlines *shrugs* lol.

Whatever it was it ranks up there with one of the more interesting instances in my life-- like right along side my vanishing parakeet... thats a whole other post when and IF I ever figured out what happened.

"There's a fine line between paranormal and paranoid, make sure you know the difference." -- ME, 2007

#6    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:42 PM

yes louie, I ask myself the same. For example, Egypt is especially popular...
On the other hand, maybe dramatic events have stronger aura around them or something. I don't know. I am inclined to believe in past lives, but these people who tell about being Egyptian princesses, Roman emperors, or killed in best known wars, just make me doubt...
Anyway it's all very interesting.

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#7    GypsyWolf

GypsyWolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

sumthingnice60 on Jan 4 2008, 09:11 PM, said:

I once heard about this incarnation story of a boy who was an incarnation of a Vietnam pilot. The pilot died at 22. This same boy, while growing up, had knowledge of the army and air force at a very young age. He grew up and died at 22 also. I also believe that the boy's parents were somehow related to the pilot. It might just be a coincidence but it is very interesting. You might have a similar experience where you are a reincarnation and you possess the memories of those before you. On the other hand, these might just be dreams that you had in your hypnotic state. I'm no psych expert but I'm throwing this out there as a possibility.  Personally, I am very skeptical to this whole thing, but once we rule out what we know, whatever is left has to be true no matter how weird it sounds.

That's kinda how I look at it. Whatever it was-- it was pretty cool and for some reason my chronic neck pain stopped afterwards. So that alone was worth it lol. But I know their are skeptics-- me one of them-- but I too and just throwing it out there and maybe someone smarter than us knows what happened.

#8    Intelligent Insight

Intelligent Insight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

• The Man Who Walked With a Limp and a Cain Knew Not How lucky He Was Until He Met The Man With No Legs.Think about that-

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

Pretty Neat,

But there is a flaw in remembering your former self,Its impossible.Let me explain.

You see what makes us remember is our brain cells wich are of course connected to our brain,When a person dies that brain is terminated and all you have is your soul.If reincarnated(i dont believe in)you would not be able to remember becasue the old memories are gone from one brain and now your in a new one.Unless you are the most attune person in the universe you just wouldnt be able to know your former self.

Edited by Intelligent Insight, 05 January 2008 - 06:08 PM.

The world is just an endless circle that has no begining and no end for without a begining there is no end of the world.

A Circle starts with a begining wich is actualy the end,Although that end is realy the begining wich is the end.

Makes no sense does it?Neither does life as we know it.

#9    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Intelligent Insight on Jan 5 2008, 06:08 PM, said:

Pretty Neat,

But there is a flaw in remembering your former self,Its impossible.Let me explain.

You see what makes us remember is our brain cells wich are of course connected to our brain,When a person dies that brain is terminated and all you have is your soul.If reincarnated(i dont believe in)you would not be able to remember becasue the old memories are gone from one brain and now your in a new one.Unless you are the most attune person in the universe you just wouldnt be able to know your former self.

The point in physical human existence on this planet is learning. If you didn't learned what you were supposed to learn in a lifetime, you try again. If you forgot what you'd learned when you die, you simply wouldn't be here. For what? Be born, live a meaningless life and die? Hmm, I think THAT'd be pretty neat...

Edited by Rolci, 05 January 2008 - 06:24 PM.

#10    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

No. Suggestion is a easy thing.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#11    Kalimaria

Kalimaria

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• If everyone fought fire with fire the entire world would go up in smoke.

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

wow that is really interesting! how do you remember everything? Wouldn't you have a faint memory of what happened?

#12    salyer

salyer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

XxKerrinaxX on Jan 5 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

wow that is really interesting! how do you remember everything? Wouldn't you have a faint memory of what happened?

Well the same goes with our current life really. More often then not you remember trmatic exp in very clear detail as you wouldn't on a normal every day situation.

A manís ignorance can only be measured by his faith and tongue

#13    Kalimaria

Kalimaria

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• If everyone fought fire with fire the entire world would go up in smoke.

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

Oh well that makes sense.

#14    mystery_man

mystery_man

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:08 AM

i remember seeing a programme on tv once, about a woman who remembered her past life in ireland. she remembered she had lots of children, and miraculously, she was actually able to track them down and meet them all. one of the most thought provoking things i have ever seen.

#15    Blue Box

Blue Box

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

• You live and learn. At any rate, you live.

~Douglas Adams

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:30 AM

I believe in reincarnation.  From a young age I felt like I was from another time, plus as I have grown older and read more and more about it there is evidence of this to back it up.  See how I think it works is that sometimes you remember a past life if there is a really strong pull from it (Meaning a strong emotion of some sort from it bad or good, plus fears play into this as well), if you've led a rather dull past life you don't or won't have that need to remember it.  There is a chance you could also be a new soul too as to which you would not have a past life to remember.  I'm oddly enough an atheist which is an odd mix for me to believe in reincarnation, I don't believe in a high power rather, neither I don't feel we have the control of what next life we will have rather we just get popped into the new life (baby in the womb).  I'm also do not think that we are stuck to earth we maybe popped into another life in a entirely different planet in the next life.

"Wibbly wobbly explodey wodey."~Doctor Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users