Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tanajib "Human Animal"

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 September 2002 - 02:42 PM

Here's a weird looking thing I saw on a web site of strange pictures. The text underneath it is rather interesting, claiming there were thousands of these things in an area of Tanajib.

user posted image

This looks basically like someones taken the remains of a crocodile and a monkey and attached them together somehow. The thing looks like it's been decomposing for weeks, certainly not a snapshot of a live animal sitting on the beach.

wink.gif                                                

#2    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 03:57 PM

If these things actually exist(ed, I think we would have known about them by now.  ::)

FAKE

8)

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#3    cerberus

cerberus

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Hello Kitty

Posted 03 September 2002 - 07:01 PM

Hi Saruman, i have posted a link featuring this picture on the cryptozoology forum already, under the topic 'A NEW PETS IN TOWN'.it has some other strange pics, real and unexplained. i think it is a FAKE photo, but it is a fascinating picture, none the less.For entertainment value its 10/10. And how comes only half of it is decomposed? because its a cut and paste job! aha! :sk

#4    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:56 AM

Ewwwwwww Definatly Fake!!!!!! :s9

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#5    cerberus

cerberus

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Hello Kitty

Posted 04 September 2002 - 09:27 AM

if that photo is real.... i'll eat my hat. but it has the same chance of being real, as seeing a UFO land on the loch ness monsters head. :s9 or alternatively, elvis and dracula being members of the MIB's.

#6    Test_Bear

Test_Bear

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 03:34 PM

You really have to wonder how stuff like this gets started. It would take a lot of time and effort, not to mention intestinal fortitude, to sever in two the corpses of an alligator and a simian, and then to merge the two together using some degree of sewing talent. (or gluing, or my person favourite, the duct tape.) That's just a lot of effort, and then to write the little article, and then to translate the litttle article into the matching language. (My international languages are rusted, so I'm aware of that only being some form of middle eastern dialect.)

That's a whole lot of effort. And look where it got them!

"If I laugh at any human thing 'tis so I do not weep."     -Lord Byron

#7    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 03:42 PM

The ancient Egyptians used to do this kind of thing, recently a group of egyptologists decided to x-ray a mummy of a child they had found, to their surprise they discovered that it was actually a human upper torso that had been sewn onto a crocodiles lower torso. They came to the conclusion that i must have been done as votive offering  to Sebek, a crocodile headed god, quite why they chose to put the top half of the body as human I can't think. But the Egyptians seemed to have done it as a way of being near their god.    

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#8    cerberus

cerberus

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Hello Kitty

Posted 05 September 2002 - 07:03 PM

interesting story althalus.... :s4 :s9

#9    azazel

azazel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• I have crossed Oceans Of Time ....... Bram Stoker's Dracula

Posted 07 September 2002 - 01:32 AM

:sn Maybe tourism is a little slow in Tanjib ???

If you observe closer around the shoulder area of the torso, there seems to be an irregular gap that does not blend naturally into the background.

Pardon my cynicism :s8

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean......ST Coleridge

#10    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 05:03 PM

no one merged two corpses together- this photo is definitely a fake.  how is it a fake?  look at the focus on the crocodile section and then look at the focus on the 'man' section and you will see they are clearly from 2 different photos just photoshopped together.  a really badly faked job in my opinion.  

anyone with half a brain would make sure they photographed the croc and the 'man' from the exact same distances and also the same lighting if possible.  the problem then would be making the picture look a little bad so it wouldnt be too good.  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#11    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 10:17 PM

;D Arf!  ;D

Two joined corpsed...or I'm beginning looking for Ninja Turtles in the sewers!!!

COWABUNGA!

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#12    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 11 September 2002 - 11:21 PM

You guys are wrong, I see those things around my house all the time!  :s04

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#13    lotastraphy

lotastraphy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 06:11 PM

RIght where the body changes the arm is blocking it.                                                

#14    Guest_Davero_*

Guest_Davero_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2003 - 05:14 AM

Ripley's Believe it or not has a mermaid that very much resembles this thing.The mermaid was found to be half money half fish.This is half monkey half alligator. wacko.gif                                                

#15    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 January 2003 - 10:28 AM

Davero,

The one your thinking of was called the "Fiji Mermaid", and as you say it was half monkey, have fish.

It was on display for quite some time, before it was officially debunked.                                                

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users