Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Psychokinetic Abilities

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Nik Xues

Nik Xues

The Still Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

right sensors

mmmm

possibly the lights are capable of picking up body heat [infrared light].

i say we should right mythbusters to see if they can narrow the cause to a specific external source besides sunlight.
like em or heat, etc.

True Scientists consider all possibilities until they have evidence stating otherwise.
the others are idiots simply waiting for proof of existence.

#17    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:19 PM

Nik Xues on Jan 6 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

right sensors

mmmm

i say we should right mythbusters to see if they can narrow the cause to a specific external source besides sunlight.
like em or heat, etc.

I really do not think any person could produce enough body heat to trigger the sensor on a street light. (That is saying that if a street light
actually can be effected by infrared light!)

LOL  laugh.gif  Mythbusters might actually take someone up on this myth. (If you can call it a myth!) It is interesting.

Regards,
Tom

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#18    Steve D.

Steve D.

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

I really think the whole SLI thing is based off coincidence.

The Brown Wizard is cunning. He walks here and there, they say, as an old ape hooded and cloaked.

#19    tnr

tnr

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

Vanquish on Jan 5 2008, 02:52 PM, said:

I want to learn about the psions on here. This topic is for you!

I will no longer go about being so skeptical anymore towards these kind of topics, I will only ask questions as to where you are coming from.

So, lets have a go, let me here some of your stories.

Regards,
Tom

WOW, you used to be a huge skeptic in the past, I can't blame you though.

Well all that you need to know for now is to tear down the walls in you mind, then things will seem easier to swallow. thumbsup.gif

Good luck,
               tnr

Edited by tnr, 24 February 2008 - 11:27 PM.

VOTE RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

My bands: http://www.myspace.com/thefiebros  Black Sand

#20    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

tnr on Feb 24 2008, 06:24 PM, said:

WOW, you used to be a huge skeptic in the past, I can't blame you though.

Well all that you need to know for now is to tear down the walls in you mind, then things will seem easier to swallow. thumbsup.gif

Good luck,
               tnr

Ah yes! The ever so present walls of reality. I will have to agree with you though, not everything is as what it seems to be.

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#21    Papaver

Papaver

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:53 PM

Nik Xues on Jan 6 2008, 07:15 PM, said:

I would have thought that public street lights were either run on timers or set to come on with a photosensor when the light level drops below a certain amount at dusk.  Usually the lights with the PIR detectors on them are security lights rather than street lights.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

#22    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,010 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

Many streetlights, in the US anyway, also have thermal protection that switches them off when they get too hot, and back on again if it's still dark when they cool off. A person on the street wouldn't affect those sensors, but it does add a certain haphazardness to when the lights switch on and off. A break from the dull on at dusk, off at dawn routine.

Much of low-rent psi is looking at random, quasi-random, or haphazard events and thinking "Hey, I did that!"

Edited by eight bits, 10 March 2008 - 10:13 PM.

Posted Image

#23    somekindlunatic

somekindlunatic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

• We are as butterflies, who flutter for a day and think it is forever.

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

SLI happens to me occasionally, and once I did an experiment.
I was on the porch, at night, looking at a streetlight across the street (it was on)
A car drove under it and it turned off, which reminded me of all this and i thought-

"Maybe I can combine my energy with that of a passing car and affect the light."
I did it for a while with about 50% success and then got tired. (I'm no wizard...but there is something)

#24    Nucular

Nucular

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

eight bits on Mar 10 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

Many streetlights, in the US anyway, also have thermal protection that switches them off when they get too hot, and back on again if it's still dark when they cool off. A person on the street wouldn't affect those sensors, but it does add a certain haphazardness to when the lights switch on and off. A break from the dull on at dusk, off at dawn routine.

Much of low-rent psi is looking at random, quasi-random, or haphazard events and thinking "Hey, I did that!"

Absolutely - this coupled with confirmation bias, which in this case amounts to remembering the unusual events (street light going off), and forgetting the far more numerous mundane non-events (street lights not going off) which outweigh the unusual events so much as to make them statistically nonsignificant.

I remarked a while ago on a thread about 'electrokinesis' that, since taking part in a discussion about it, I'd noticed far more electrical quirks and foibles around me.  The fact is, as I said then, we live in a world packed full of cheaply made, mass-produced electrical and electronic equipment, buzzing, crackling and going wrong all around us.  If you 'tune in' to that, as I did having discussed it for a while, you simply stop filtering it out as the random noise it actually is.  Link that with a belief, or wish, that you are somehow special, or have a power of some kind, and it's a recipe for statistical illusion.

#25    Mahtu

Mahtu

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Ride the wind.

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:47 AM

well the only experience that i can report is aerokinesis.  I've had a few instances where in a controlled environment (a room completely closed off with no A.C.) where I could manipulate and create small breezes, and I can manipulate to a much greater degree the air inside my own body (often gas in my G.I. tract or in my lungs) and large bodies of air outside.  It seems to have a strong link with my emotions, too, because the winds seem to change and pick up when my moods change.

I won't stomp on your dreams as long as you don't stomp on my reality.

#26    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• 1,318 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:29 PM

I can do,

Telepathy,
Telekinesis
Hydrokinesis
Pyrokinesis(the last two and this one kinda fall under the same catagory, but htye're classified diffrently, cause diffrent methods are usually used to control it...But I use basic Tk methods to control elements...)
Empathy
Psi-balls and psi-shields...

Thats all

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#27    Nucular

Nucular

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

Heartagram3200 on Mar 13 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

I can do,

Telepathy,
Telekinesis
Hydrokinesis
Pyrokinesis(the last two and this one kinda fall under the same catagory, but htye're classified diffrently, cause diffrent methods are usually used to control it...But I use basic Tk methods to control elements...)
Empathy
Psi-balls and psi-shields...

Thats all

Empathy isn't a paranormal ability, it's a basic human quality.

What's the latest on this video malarkey, Heartagram?  When's it up and running?  I'd quite like to see some of those abilities in action.

#28    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• 1,318 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

I know....I'm going to make it today..Should be up tommorow...Early Saterday morning at the latest...

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#29    Nucular

Nucular

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

Heartagram3200 on Mar 13 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

I know....I'm going to make it today..Should be up tommorow...Early Saterday morning at the latest...

Cool original.gif

#30    Mahtu

Mahtu

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Ride the wind.

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:01 PM

Sweet, dude, maybe I'll get some ideas for practice techniques from watching to see if i can try to learn something new, since all i can do is aero.

I won't stomp on your dreams as long as you don't stomp on my reality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users