Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Police helicopter chases UFO

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 09:05 PM

A police helicopter went on a dramatic high-speed chase - in pursuit of some little green men.

http://www.thisisbri.../NEWS130ZM.html

I want to see the video footage. :s6

Bristol society for paranormal research and investigations      Click here

#2    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 10:45 PM

[blue]
I think the thermal imaging would provide some interesting results.

Wonder which programme is going to get to show it?
[/blue] ???

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#3    cerberus

cerberus

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Hello Kitty

Posted 05 September 2002 - 06:42 PM

an interesting one, huh? :sa

#4    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 05 September 2002 - 08:21 PM

Here's the video footage of the UFO you were asking for that was taken by the helicopter crew;

http://www.bbc.co.uk...s/video/ufo.ram :o

You will need a recent version of real player to view the video, not sure what version, as I'm posting this at work & am unable to view it myself.

Magikman :sg

* - The link may not always work, depending on the amount of traffic attempting to access the footage. Keep trying, it will work eventually.  :)

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#5    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 10:06 PM

Cheers magik,

I can see the footage but i have a crap internet connection. I wish i had broadband.

#6    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 11:15 PM

Broadband isn't much better Crosis.  :-/

I have no idea what it is.  :sf

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#7    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 12:06 AM

oh ....................

damn

:(

#8    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 02:07 AM

Crosis,

Yea, it is a pretty crappy video if you attempt to view it with a dial-up connection. The picture is way to choppy and the player keeps buffering, which is really annoying.  :s3  Hopefully it will be easier to access later on when there isn't so much traffic.  :-/  Wouldn't have bothered posting this if I knew the video was such poor quality. Oh well.

Magikman  :sg

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#9    cerberus

cerberus

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Hello Kitty

Posted 06 September 2002 - 10:49 AM

thanks for the link, magikman  :st

#10    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 05:00 PM

who here hates real player?  i refuse to put that piece of shit on my computer.  anyone have a link to this that is actually in a viewable format?

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#11    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 06 September 2002 - 05:29 PM

Real Player sucks! It always crashes! Quicktime is the best, and WMP is just a must because they play the most file typs...

Odin :s8

#12    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 28 September 2002 - 03:23 PM

I won't install it either - if i wanted Real to know my surfing habits i'd email them my temporary internet files folder.

never take me too seriously

#13    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 29 September 2002 - 01:54 AM

The first link I provided no longer works, here's another that does, for those of you who may want to view the video. The quality is marginally better, although still not perfect;  :s04

CLICK HERE

The video link is in the UFO Watch box on the right.

PS - you're correct about Real, but the Windows Media player accesses all the same information as the Real Player, so security will always be an issue.

Magikman  :sf

#14    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 29 September 2002 - 04:32 AM

that's the worst footage of a UFO i've ever seen. I could only understand one word they were saying and the quality was so crap but if you are thinking of looking at this d/l the latest real player - RealOne Player (it runs smooth on that)

if ppl are worried about spyware that real player and other programs have download 'Pest Patrol' - it removes every spyware files off your computer

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#15    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 05:19 AM

Just happened to come across this the other day. It's a smoother, clearer video, although cut down to less than a minute playing time. It must have been used in a news broadcast, because there is some commentary by the pilots. You'll still need the real player to view it. Click on the link below;

CLICK HERE

Magikman  cool.gif                                                

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users