Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Time Theory

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 31 January 2004 - 06:26 PM

okay here is my theory.... I think it is possible that all time is stationary... every last 1/1000000 of a milisecond ... points in time are just that .. there and stationary.. but our self awareness moves forward through these points in time.. hence creating the illusion we are moving... just a thing I thought up one night when I was in bed...

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#2    <bleeding_heart>

<bleeding_heart>

Poltergeist

• 2,947 posts

• "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Posted 01 February 2004 - 12:46 AM

Do u mean like a movie each frame is motionless but when you flick through them fast enough we perceive them as an actual moving image?

Posted Image

#3    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• 2,047 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (<bleeding_heart> @ Jan 31 2004, 11:46 PM)
Do u mean like a movie each frame is motionless but when you flick through them fast enough we perceive them as an actual moving image?

yes similiar to that,actully very much so like a frame in a movie

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.

#4    <bleeding_heart>

<bleeding_heart>

Poltergeist

• 2,947 posts

• "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Posted 01 February 2004 - 02:55 AM

Then the theory may very well hold water!

Posted Image

#5    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 05:16 AM

Considering everything is quantized, your theory may be true!!! scary huh?

#6    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• 2,047 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 06:16 PM

grin2.gif I actully thought of something even remotely plausible....  laugh.gif  

- Unknown

#7    Monkyburd

Monkyburd

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• "TIME is an abstract concept created by carbon based life forms to monitor their ongoing decay" ~Thunderclese

Posted 02 February 2004 - 02:54 AM

Student, this theroy of time you have presented sounds much like the ideas of Nietzche, the german philosopher with a bad attitude.  His idea was that all things exsist in the now; that there is no such thing as the past or future and the present is the only reality.  Although a very plausible idea, I don't believe it in the least.  It sounds much too sad and pathetic, to live life as one pointless moment to the next. gunsmilie.gif Plus it gives an excuse to undermind consequence.

HOLY CRAP! IT'S MOTHMAN!

Attached Files

#8    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 11:28 PM

Actually what he said is different than that. We are still moving forward, but not in continuous fashion. We know that there are a lot of things in this world that is not continuous, or quantized, such as electric charge. This behavior might be applicable to time as well, but there is no known way to prove it with current technology. Also it is interesting that if time is quantized, there must be an upper limit for speed (distance/time), which is something that is known to be true.

#9    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:02 AM

We discussed  a topic similar to this a few years back  , one where Homer pointed out that time in itself is a dimension . From this we started to tear apart the physics of movement as a frame by frame sequence , it was quite a discussion with loads of thought provoking tid bits .
  Sadly that one has crossed to the place where dead threads go but just as relevant is this thread here .
Click er  thumbsup.gif

#10    DespondentDave

DespondentDave

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

• I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Student&Alive @ Jan 31 2004, 05:26 PM)
okay here is my theory.... I think it is possible that all time is stationary... every last 1/1000000 of a milisecond ... points in time are just that .. there and stationary.. but our self awareness moves forward through these points in time.. hence creating the illusion we are moving... just a thing I thought up one night when I was in bed...

I think people worry about things too much. We are here, we are moving, if that's through a 1,000,000 stills a second so be it, it affects us not.

You need a new bedtime hobby!  thumbsup.gif  

#11    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:51 AM

Well perhaps it's unimportant , but the chinese have a word that means the bueaty of the space between things . I don't know what that word is but I have heard they have a word kinda like that  .
Any way If time were to be seperate and still segments of movement then it would equally mean that there is something seperating these segments  an anti-movement if you will . Infact time can not be viewed as seperate sections without the space between them . So what  does the shadow area of movement do? What would an area like this mean ? Is it where the ghosts and ghouls and specters exsist ?Or maybe a gate way to dimensional travel ?
Allright I really should stop typing at some point .

#12    essesseel

essesseel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:06 AM

hmmm, interesting. what about freezing something right down to its sub atomic constituents, halting time for the frozen object, allowing time to continue onwards, thereby the object will effectively travel back in time.

abolute zero has not been attained by man. the nearest they got is like 3 billionths of a degree above absolute zero. maybe something cool will happen when they do... a bit like the faster than light scenario. whistling2.gif  

#13    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:03 AM

Absolute zero means that particles are no longer moving. It implies that the particles has exactly zero momentum and a known position. According to Heissenberg's uncertainty principle, it is impossible for a particle to have exact momentum and position, therefore, absolute zero is impossible. It is also known as the 3rd law of thermodynamics: "you cannot reach absolute zero."  

#14    Void

Void

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 03:19 PM

are you too dumb to know there are 4 different simultaneous 24 hour days within a single rotation of Earth? Greenwich 1 day is a lie. 4 quadrants = 4 corners, and 4 different directions. Each Earth corner rotates own separate 24 hour day. Infinite days is stupidity.

www.timecube.com

Edited by Void, 28 February 2004 - 03:19 PM.

#15    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:48 AM

huh? what?  huh.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users