Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

John Chang Debunked

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#16    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:16 PM

As I keep saying, the real and only method to find out if it is legitimate (and the most interesting way in any case!) is to try it YOURSELF, you be the scientist performing the experiments, you be the one following the curious part of your being, and be open minded and accept that it might be possible to achieve such things, try out different spiritual and/or magical systems for some period of time, and see if you gain any result at all. Even the slightest indications towards success should be pursued further and tried to be developed further in any such case, and you may try different methods and systems to achieve the same specific thing, and after a while see (hopefully) that there is something to it and that it is real, like many other of us have discovered long time ago.

It's more than a decade ago I personally discovered the reality of such things from my own research and experiments with  it and it's been a great path ever since.

Good luck and may you find the way!

Cheers

www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America
Increase your astral proection skills - Here at Unexplained Mysteries Forums!

#17    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

darkbreed on Jan 16 2008, 06:16 AM, said:

As I keep saying, the real and only method to find out if it is legitimate (and the most interesting way in any case!) is to try it YOURSELF, you be the scientist performing the experiments, you be the one following the curious part of your being, and be open minded and accept that it might be possible to achieve such things, try out different spiritual and/or magical systems for some period of time, and see if you gain any result at all. Even the slightest indications towards success should be pursued further and tried to be developed further in any such case, and you may try different methods and systems to achieve the same specific thing, and after a while see (hopefully) that there is something to it and that it is real, like many other of us have discovered long time ago.

It's more than a decade ago I personally discovered the reality of such things from my own research and experiments with  it and it's been a great path ever since.

Good luck and may you find the way!

Cheers

If you really beleive you have powers, take the time to go to a college and have a science teacher set up a controlled experiment. Thats easy. No one ever does it though and I will except no exuces for something this easy to do.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic, 17 January 2008 - 11:15 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#18    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• 2,052 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

Many are already working on projects as that, some examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_Research_Society

http://cref.tripod.com/aboutus.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_in...on_of_telepathy

and many more that i'm too lazy to look up now.

Gotta go, cheers

www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America

#19    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

darkbreed on Jan 17 2008, 03:42 PM, said:

Many are already working on projects as that, some examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_Research_Society

http://cref.tripod.com/aboutus.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_in...on_of_telepathy

and many more that i'm too lazy to look up now.

Gotta go, cheers

So why not do what I stated above????Hmmm.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#20    Kevin A.

Kevin A.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:52 AM

Eric Raven The Skeptic on Jan 17 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

So why not do what I stated above????Hmmm.

To expand on Erics questioning:

Why are such "real" abilities so difficult to prove? You have the belief they are real, you have had them proven to you, so why can they not be proven to the masses? Why can no solid proof ever be presented? I am well aware of the "try it for yourself and you will see" thing so spare me. Been there and done that, still Ive got nothing and yes I did believe at the time. If it is so real for you and you can prove it to yourself using your own senses then surely you could prove something of worth to another human.

Please, if you have something, share it with us. I assure you we would love to hear it and yes, we will listen.

Oh and Darkbreed, let me know when you want to run the test you mentioned. Im still up for it.....

Kevin A.

#21    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:02 AM

Then why do you get nothing and other people can get it? Your concentration is not in it.

#22    Kevin A.

Kevin A.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:17 AM

Electrokinesis is me on Jan 17 2008, 09:02 PM, said:

Then why do you get nothing and other people can get it? Your concentration is not in it.

My concentration was in it, once upon a time. I tried all the methods I could find. Concentrated, practiced, believed, concentrated some more. There was a time I wanted more than anything in the world to have some special super power. To awaken some latent ability. To have some amazing power.

I was young and look back at that time I think of myself as very foolish. I wanted to believe. Thanks to a religious upbringing I was wired to believe.

At the end of several years I had nothing but wasted time. I came to some revelations for several reasons. I become who I am now and began thinking the way I do now. Things changed and I became this "skeptic" you read before you but before this, I was a true believer.

As I said, spare me the try it for yourself stuff. Ive been there and tried that.....

Besides, what keeps one of these special gifted indigo people from proving an ability they have supposed correctly practiced for such a long time and wish to bring such a wonderful gift to humanity and for its benefit?

Kevin A.

#23    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

oh if you can't believe then its ok. I won't force you further

Cryingwoe

#24    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• 2,052 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:12 AM

To Eric Raven, Kevin, etc, asking for tests and experiments - I already SAID that I WOULD be more than happy to take part of an experiment here in this very forums to hopefully show that there are something to these "claims" of spiritual and psychic powers.

And, if you have read the posts where I mention this, such as in the Remote viewing experiments thread (sorry can't remember name right now without checking) I already said that I WILL participate in such tests and experiments, as soon I have the time to do so - which will at least take a couple of weeks, as already mentioned.

For this type of test, that can be done here through this forum, I need the time to prepare and re-train my remote viewing abilities and I got many other things I'm occupied with in my daily life than sitting here typing in a forum all day long, unfortunately I don't have that privilege like some of you seem to do who are posting almos every minute instead of being out doing something sensible such as work or studies. I guess you are lucky to have such time on your hands that you can spend all day sitting here criticizing and complaining in front of your computers instead of doing something useful.

I've  offered myself to take part of such tests and experiments here, even completely "blind" tests regarding remote viewing where I will know nothing about the target or the person deciding the target at all, so there will be no chance of "cheating" or wild guesses.

When I get the time, if I do so, I might participate in other tests as well, such as dowsing, and tarot reading, and perhaps even astral projection experiments.

But, unlike many others here, I'm a busy person with lots of work and things to do in my daily work, so the time I have to do such things are limited to specific periods now and then, thus why I'm frequently away for months without being active in here.

I actually make my living of traveling the world and researching various mysteries, both ancient and present, and try to find the connection between things, so I'm often away for longer periods due to that among other things.

But, as I see it now, I should be able to conduct an experiment such as outlined above within the next few coming weeks.

So just be patient and wait until I have the time, allright.

cheers

Edited by darkbreed, 18 January 2008 - 03:14 AM.

#25    Kevin A.

Kevin A.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:19 AM

darkbreed on Jan 17 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

To Eric Raven, Kevin, etc, asking for tests and experiments - I already SAID that I WOULD be more than happy to take part of an experiment here in this very forums to hopefully show that there are something to these "claims" of spiritual and psychic powers.

And, if you have read the posts where I mention this, such as in the Remote viewing experiments thread (sorry can't remember name right now without checking) I already said that I WILL participate in such tests and experiments, as soon I have the time to do so - which will at least take a couple of weeks, as already mentioned.

For this type of test, that can be done here through this forum, I need the time to prepare and re-train my remote viewing abilities and I got many other things I'm occupied with in my daily life than sitting here typing in a forum all day long, unfortunately I don't have that privilege like some of you seem to do who are posting almos every minute instead of being out doing something sensible such as work or studies. I guess you are lucky to have such time on your hands that you can spend all day sitting here criticizing and complaining in front of your computers instead of doing something useful.

I've  offered myself to take part of such tests and experiments here, even completely "blind" tests regarding remote viewing where I will know nothing about the target or the person deciding the target at all, so there will be no chance of "cheating" or wild guesses.

When I get the time, if I do so, I might participate in other tests as well, such as dowsing, and tarot reading, and perhaps even astral projection experiments.

But, unlike many others here, I'm a busy person with lots of work and things to do in my daily work, so the time I have to do such things are limited to specific periods now and then, thus why I'm frequently away for months without being active in here.

I actually make my living of traveling the world and researching various mysteries, both ancient and present, and try to find the connection between things, so I'm often away for longer periods due to that among other things.

But, as I see it now, I should be able to conduct an experiment such as outlined above within the next few coming weeks.

cheers

Take a breathe. I know you offered to have an experiment run on this board. I have offered to help in this in any way I can. I understand not having the time and being very busy. Trust me I know about this all too well. Take your time and get back with us on the experiment when you have time.

Now you also need to understand that the questions I asked above were not directed at you and you alone. My questions are broad ones and posed to anyone claiming or believing in these things. See my points? Why has no one seemingly stepped up? Surely if such powers are as widespread as some claim someone should have stepped up long before you Darkbreed and resolved this argument. This is the dilemma.....

Kevin A.

#26    SteveLove

SteveLove

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:37 AM

darkbreed on Jan 17 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

cheers

I look forward to the challenge. It will be amusing. It's interesting that you won't do a test like this for a professor of science. Yet need to show your ability over forums. I think it is because you are afraid you will fail  no.gif

"I actually make my living of traveling the world and researching various mysteries, both ancient and present, and try to find the connection between things, so I'm often away for longer periods due to that among other things."

How do you make a living that way?

Edited by SteveLove, 18 January 2008 - 03:43 AM.

I have returned.....a better man

#27    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:04 AM

SteveLove on Jan 18 2008, 11:37 AM, said:

I look forward to the challenge. It will be amusing. It's interesting that you won't do a test like this for a professor of science. Yet need to show your ability over forums. I think it is because you are afraid you will fail  no.gif

So? he can ask to do this whatever way he likes. Its the end result that matters right?

#28    SteveLove

SteveLove

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:59 AM

Electrokinesis is me on Jan 17 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

So? he can ask to do this whatever way he likes. Its the end result that matters right?

Yes I just found that interesting, however. I wouldn't expect him to accept anything like Randi's challenge.

Edit: I think to make it the best conditions he should try the remote viewing with Eric, Kevin, myself, or chaos. At least not a new member so it can be easily staged.

Edited by SteveLove, 18 January 2008 - 05:01 AM.

I have returned.....a better man

#29    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:02 AM

but don't you agree that all of you together would be better?

#30    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• 2,052 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:02 AM

Kevin:

Allright, I get you.

But, actually tests HAVE been done in front of qualified scientists and such, as in some examples I gave above in this thread, and scientific work IS performed on this, both in the Governments and in private sectors. Look up the Monroe Institute for examples one of the pioneers of out of body experiences research, with really useful material and lessons they've come up with through decades of research. I've personally tried out The Gateway Experience with great success.

You also have things like the Farsight institute (www.farsight.org) which offers FREE Remote Viewing lessons so YOU can, at the comfort of your own home, perform experiments and research regarding this aspect.

Universities all over the world are conducting psychic research.

Scientific community is into it.

Governmental institutions are involved with it.

And of course tons of people are doing it on their own with smaller groups of friends, or within secret orders and societies, and so on.

Personally, I believe the reason few  step forth and say HEY look what I can do! Is simply because of the fact once you reach the level it takes to achieve such things first of all, you have no longer interest in proving it to others as you already have verified it to be real for yourself. At one point, before you had this verified, you might have been one of those who wanted it proven. But as soon you've proved it for yourself beyond any reasonable doubt there is little point in spending your time and energy in trying to find people who are interested in seeing such powers, or indeed even showing this powers to anyone else in the first place -- it becomes a deep spiritual aspect of yourself that is personal, and you don't want to be a person blown up in the media and what now for claiming to be a psychic, remote viewer, dowser, magician, and so on.

Most magicians and people who practice spiritual development do so in their own privacy without often even telling their closest friends about what they are really doing. One basic and logical reason for this is of course you may find yourself ridiculed if revealing such activities and beliefs and the other is that you simply don't feel any need of doing so.

On the other hand, you may find yourself interested in helping those who really want to learn such things, and have a belief in it already, and rather wants to know HOW to develop than see proofs on such development.

Personally i care not at all what people think, if they believe it is real or not.

The reason I offer my experiments here are simply for my own purpose, to see if I can get it right and get good results under a monitored experiment that is performed in front of a group of people rather than just for myself on my own.

Also regarding why I dont step up in front of some professor or something like that to prove any abilities: I have no interest to prove anything, and I'm shy too I dont like to be monitored by guys who are skeptic in the first place, in a way you can consider it being a guy who like to sing on your own and think you're good at singing, which you may in fact be, but never actually sing in front of other people or any audience.

I am a musician myself, but I prefer to make my music on my own, alone, doing solo stuff, rather than performing for other people  - I do it because I like it, not to show anyone what I can do and so on. The same comes to writing, I have written many articles on various subjects, as well as working on some books, but I prefer to do that on my own anonymously, rather than helding large lectures and stuff like that.

Cheers

Edited by darkbreed, 18 January 2008 - 05:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users