Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stem cells and human cloning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• News Writer
  • 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:59 AM

news icon
Click here to watch video - 08:52

Dr andrew corbett presents the Stem Cell and Human Cloning Debate from an ethical perspective.

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    softsunshines

softsunshines

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

SaRuMaN on Jan 30 2008, 03:29 PM, said:

linked-image
Click here to watch video - 08:52

Dr andrew corbett presents the Stem Cell and Human Cloning Debate from an ethical perspective.

hey pal, what is it that you've primarily started this thread for? If the topic is not yet decided, then I'd lieke to add something to be discussed regarding the title :Stem Cells and Human Cloning.

Somewhat recently, there have been news of Scientists having succesfully made the first human hybrid clone, with the facial features of a dog. My question to the members is: do you think that HUMAN CLONING OF SUCH SORTS IS REALLY WANTED?

it is not merely a science versus ethics discussion. what I mean to discuss is that though Human Cloning is a very ambitious Genetics project, but how important can a hybrid clone be? Its possibility has been certain since ages, and now it has even been practically achieved. But where is the utility of such research, if it leave two unrelated species ina  mixed-identity situation?

Shouldn't cloning have some ground rules set befor it is followed so very enthusuatically?

#3    aureola

aureola

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

well i think by doing such experiments we are only trying to prove that we can be gods.
why dont we respect the nature and let things be in their natural state,experimenting is in human nature but playing with life and trying to be god ,now thats wrong!

#4    aureola

aureola

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

clonning is disguised as an experiment for the sake of betterment of humanity ,a step ahead in science,but in my opinion their are better and more critical issues on which scientists should put their creativity and brains to,,,the most important issue is 'saving the earth from humans and pollution'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users