Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gravity quesiton

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Billg11785

Billg11785

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:43 AM

Can a mass (planet or star) be so great that its own gravational pull prevents light from escaping it, thus would appear black or not appear at all?

#2    dest_titor1

dest_titor1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

• Are you in Plato`s cave, or are you on the surface?
    (Plato`s cave allegory)

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:54 AM

Yes, That is what a black hole is or a dark star, a dark star is a star that could only live for a million years or so, its mass is equaled out perfectly. But of cource, none have been ob severed.  Black holes have been seen and mapped by their effects on near by object like stars and nebulae.

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings

Socrates

Silence is the virtue of fools.

Sir Francis Bacon

The glass is never half full or half empty, the glass is just twice as tall as it should be!

Religion is a great tool for the smart and poor and hopeless, but a weapon in the hands of the ignorant and moronic and violent persons.

Religion does not start wars... Idiots that contrive and twist it to their own plot do.

#3    MarkSteven

MarkSteven

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

normally black holes are the result of a supernova, collapsing onto it's self. i think lol.

Warning:
anything that i say is based on my personal feeling of the topic at hand.
my opinion is mine and i'll try to be clear and to the point. i may be wrong, but that's my opinion.

This forum is called Unexplained-Mysteries, however some people think it should be called "Everything is provable with science"

check this - http://www.astralvoyage.com

#4    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

A black hole is the remains of a star (usually one much bigger than ours) that has run out of fuel and has collapsed in on itself to a single point where space and time have become pretty meaningless.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users