Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

psi-balls

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#271    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

bleedingelite on Mar 17 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

I've seen bigfoot defeat gravedigger with my own eyes. You can say what you want, but I know what I saw.

What film where you watching or what video game where you playing?

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#272    bleedingelite

bleedingelite

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

Mattshark on Mar 17 2008, 05:03 PM, said:

What film where you watching or what video game where you playing?

Whoosh.

#273    Ourmoonlitsun

Ourmoonlitsun

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Heartagram3200 on Mar 17 2008, 05:43 PM, said:

Has anyone noticed..That almost every sketpic here, has agreed with a believer, some way or another, atleast once...But Eric has never done it...He just switches the topic...Sorry, just kinda noticed thta though..

Come on, lay off Eric, man.  He's from Texas.  They only believe in chupacabra and UFOs.  And George Bush and God, but I think they believe those two are the same thing grin2.gif

Satan's tinkles,
Nathan

Edited by Ourmoonlitsun, 19 March 2008 - 02:01 AM.

One time I met the Devil. I asked, "Do you have any other forms?"  The Devil replied, "Yeah... Martha Stewart." I stood in silence for a moment. Then I nodded and said, "Makes sense."

#274    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:54 PM

bleedingelite on Mar 17 2008, 01:28 PM, said:

I mostly agree, except your short essay here is obviously skewed to the skeptics' point of view. Yes, things would go more smoothly if the people claiming to have psychic abilities would consider the possibility that they don't have powers. Well, theoretically. I don't know what the skeptics would do if that happened. Some might smile smugly to themselves and move on, some might see that as a point of weakness and keep attacking.

But for it to work out into a state of equilibrium, the skeptics would also have to concede that they're possibly wrong, and that some of these people might possibly have psychic powers. And, again, one of the two above possibilities might occur and still nothing might be solved.

And I will say THIS again: the people posting on these boards don't owe you crap. It's YOU challenging THEM. They're not coming on here saying "I can prove I have psychic powers," they're coming on here and making message boards called "psi-balls: what are they and what are they used for?" and the skeptics are coming into these topics and turning them into big debates on reality and pseudo science. If YOU want the proof, make a topic stating that you want proof.

In other words, maybe what would REALLY benefit this forum would be if people would stop sabotaging topics with "you're making it up; there is no such thing as _____" posts. Because within a couple of pages the original topic is completely lost and it turns into another circular debate that solves absolutely nothing.

Of course it is in favor of the skeptics point of view. But, the whole outcome was to point out that we are all flawed
in our ways of expressing certain points on these subjects.

People come on here making factual claims, and then not backing them up with factual evidence. It's not that hard
to see the flaw in that. It's one thing to believe in these abilities! But, when a person goes into I can manipulate this
levitate that, (Amazing claims in general!) thats a whole different level from just belief.

By the way! This is an open forum, if people make amazing claims they should expect to be on the recieving end
of a good deal of skepticism.  No one is sabotaging a topic on here.

Regards,
Tom

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#275    bleedingelite

bleedingelite

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:31 PM

Moro Bumbleroot on Mar 17 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

Of course it is in favor of the skeptics point of view. But, the whole outcome was to point out that we are all flawed
in our ways of expressing certain points on these subjects.

People come on here making factual claims, and then not backing them up with factual evidence. It's not that hard
to see the flaw in that. It's one thing to believe in these abilities! But, when a person goes into I can manipulate this
levitate that, (Amazing claims in general!) thats a whole different level from just belief.

By the way! This is an open forum, if people make amazing claims they should expect to be on the recieving end
of a good deal of skepticism.  No one is sabotaging a topic on here.

Regards,
Tom

Of course no body is sabotaging a topic here! I would like to point out (on page nineteen of a topic labeled "psi-balls" which hasn't actually had any relevant psi-ball discussion since somewhere around page two) that such a suggestion is absolutely absurd.

#276    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

bleedingelite on Mar 17 2008, 04:07 PM, said:

Whoosh.

Monster trucks?? Loved those when I was kid. I wonder if they are still around?

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#277    bleedingelite

bleedingelite

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:54 PM

Eric Raven The Skeptic on Mar 17 2008, 06:52 PM, said:

Monster trucks?? Loved those when I was kid. I wonder if they are still around?

They are still out there, lurking in the shadows, watching us when we think that we're alone.

#278    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

bleedingelite on Mar 17 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

They are still out there, lurking in the shadows, watching us when we think that we're alone.

laugh.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#279    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:20 PM

Mattshark on Mar 17 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

Yes I am a zoologist and I post mainly in the crypto and the spirit/skept sections.
Can you can try and argue bigfoot with me. But no one has yet presented irrefutable evidence to me.

Lol, I actually want to grow up to be a zoologist...Haha, it's funny, you'd think I'd wanna be a parapsycologist or soemthing...And, I'll see you at the crypto sect....

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#280    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:20 AM

bleedingelite on Mar 17 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

Ah see, I'm English and we don't have monster trucks.

YNWA

#281    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:23 AM

Heartagram3200 on Mar 18 2008, 12:20 AM, said:

Lol, I actually want to grow up to be a zoologist...Haha, it's funny, you'd think I'd wanna be a parapsycologist or soemthing...And, I'll see you at the crypto sect....

Its a fun career, however the work is hard and the pay is crap.

YNWA

#282    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• 1,318 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:00 AM

Yea, but I think the reward you get would be nice...Like knowing that you're helping educate people bout the world around us...I mean, theres enough peopel studying, and helping humans, to me animals need the help...And, by the time I'm an adult, the need for Zoologist will rpolly sky rocket, as new species become found...

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#283    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:32 AM

Heartagram3200 on Mar 18 2008, 04:00 AM, said:

Yea, but I think the reward you get would be nice...Like knowing that you're helping educate people bout the world around us...I mean, theres enough peopel studying, and helping humans, to me animals need the help...And, by the time I'm an adult, the need for Zoologist will rpolly sky rocket, as new species become found...

You'd be amazed by how much that will not happen, very few "exciting" new species are found (most are ones which were thought to be a subspecies) and there is limited money to study any animal.

YNWA

#284    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• 1,318 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:39 AM

Yea, but I think it was 2006, where this island somewhere was found, tons of new frogs, a tree kangaroo, birds...But still...We should talk about this in Crypto lol...Bck to psychic stuff,,,

#285    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:59 AM

Heartagram3200 on Mar 18 2008, 03:39 AM, said:

Yea, but I think it was 2006, where this island somewhere was found, tons of new frogs, a tree kangaroo, birds...But still...We should talk about this in Crypto lol...Bck to psychic stuff,,,

Nope, that stuff has been known about for a long time. The problem is getting the money to study it, there isn't any because it does not generate profit.
1995 was the date of the last tree kangaroo discovery.

Edited by Mattshark, 18 March 2008 - 04:04 AM.

YNWA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users