Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

psi-balls


  • Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#31    eqgumby

eqgumby

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,576 posts
  • Joined:15 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida Panhandle

  • If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:37 AM

Psi-balls are just not real. Sorry. Folks pop on here every month or so, and tell us all about their awesome powers and kinetic this and kinetic that. Then they get grounded for bad grades, or get a job at the mall, or discover girls, and *poof* they are kinetically GONE.

I still believe in the possibility of mind over matter, and bio-feedback like the master yogi's exhibit. I just don't believe in magic balls of light shooting from any one hands. Because there is NO proof.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!


It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#32    SS79

SS79

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:manchester uk

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:40 AM

LOL egg that made me smile . "poof kinetically gone " so true

Edited by SS79, 13 February 2008 - 02:41 AM.


#33    eqgumby

eqgumby

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,576 posts
  • Joined:15 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida Panhandle

  • If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:43 AM

SS79 on Feb 12 2008, 08:40 PM, said:

LOL egg that made me smile . "poof kinetically gone " so true

It happens all the time. Just watch and you'll see them come and go. It's funny and sad at the same time.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!


It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#34    SS79

SS79

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:manchester uk

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:45 AM

eqgumby on Feb 13 2008, 02:43 AM, said:

It happens all the time. Just watch and you'll see them come and go. It's funny and sad at the same time.


NVM....



edited text out  because  my post sounded  a tad mean . although that wasnt intended but some may see it that way  huh.gif

Edited by SS79, 13 February 2008 - 04:15 AM.


#35    Sporkling

Sporkling

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,841 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2007

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:06 AM

eqgumby on Feb 13 2008, 10:37 AM, said:

Psi-balls are just not real. Sorry. Folks pop on here every month or so, and tell us all about their awesome powers and kinetic this and kinetic that. Then they get grounded for bad grades, or get a job at the mall, or discover girls, and *poof* they are kinetically GONE.

I still believe in the possibility of mind over matter, and bio-feedback like the master yogi's exhibit. I just don't believe in magic balls of light shooting from any one hands. Because there is NO proof.

Because there is no proof. Well you go and prove it does not exist.


#36    darkbreed

darkbreed

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Joined:04 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Argentina

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:23 AM

Well I'm still here, too old to get grounded, and certainly not working at any mall.

The thing is, for most of these spiritual and psychic "paranormal" (although in my opinion its completely normal as we all have it in us) abilities, the problem to prove them is simply because they have to be experienced and can't be proven unless you actually come over in person to monitor and check the abilities claimed (everyone can make a fake video) or to experience themselves (research and practice can lead to great achievements).

In many ways, it would be like me asking you to prove that you dreamt about having a party with Pamela the other night - it's an internal experience that can not be proven in any way , but that doesn't mean that you lie about having such a dream.

Or it would be like proving that you just farted or even have the ability to do so (I don't doubt that you do, or not even that you do it quite often actually) but unless I'm there to witness and (unfortunately) smell it myself it's not many ways to prove that you can do that.

Sorry for the slight pun at you, but I suppose you see what I mean - but that doesn't mean ALL such claims can't be proven from distance.

For example, when it comes to astral projection and remote viewing, even dowsing and such, these are things that can and should be proven and I've already earlier said that I will take part of such an experiment myself with remote viewing when I get the time.

In the meantime, while you proclaim that these things do not exist and are not real, people are joyfully expressing their gratitude to me for telling them ways to achieve various "paranormal" abilities and their success with such (you'll find some around in these forums whom thank me for helping them achieve such things), so basically this means that you are the ignorant one whom have not experienced nor witnessed such things yourself, or that me and those who claim they have are either lying or crazy.

To be honest, wasting time debunking and denying is nothing more than that - a waste of time. Instead you should spend that time on actually trying to achieve something yourself and perhaps, just perhaps, you might succeed and finally see more of reality yourself instead of coming with your negative and often insulting comments towards those whom claim to be able to do this or that.

Of course Im aware that some folks make things up, some folks DO lie, and some folks actually ARE crazy and imagine things - but then you have that other part whom truthfully give you a real account of their experiences, which they often (at least in my case) have gotten confirmed both by themselves and others to be real, from experiments and testing.

Facts doesn't cease to exist just because they are not believed or simply ignored.

So, as said, when the time is there for me to do so, I will gladly try to help prove at least remote viewing and perhaps some other things like dowsing. I've already proven my ability to get other people to have the same abilities as me at least original.gif

Until then, peace

eqgumby on Feb 13 2008, 03:37 AM, said:

Psi-balls are just not real. Sorry. Folks pop on here every month or so, and tell us all about their awesome powers and kinetic this and kinetic that. Then they get grounded for bad grades, or get a job at the mall, or discover girls, and *poof* they are kinetically GONE.

I still believe in the possibility of mind over matter, and bio-feedback like the master yogi's exhibit. I just don't believe in magic balls of light shooting from any one hands. Because there is NO proof.



www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America
Increase your astral proection skills - Here at Unexplained Mysteries Forums!

#37    the eternal me

the eternal me

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2007

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:02 AM

nicely said.


#38    eqgumby

eqgumby

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,576 posts
  • Joined:15 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida Panhandle

  • If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

Electrokinesis is me on Feb 12 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

Because there is no proof. Well you go and prove it does not exist.

Again, the MOST r******ed statement out there...PROVE a negative. PROVE Santa Clause does not exist. Prove it, go on. I need to make that part of my signature. I HATE when people start that crap. I actually had a person say, "Oh yeah, well prove the earth isn't hollow." I can't take people that stupid seriously. Sorry.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!


It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#39    Sporkling

Sporkling

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,841 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2007

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

Yes what I said is very much valid. Go out there and prove that the human body is totally incapable of such things. Like people have already proven it is impossible to lick your elbow. Why can't you do the same and make the nooks write, its impossible to do telekinesis and all that? The answer is, because its real. Why people write in books its impossible to lick your elbow? Well, because its possible to prove a negative. And you will find that up till now nobody has claimed being able to lick their elbows but people have claimed telekinesis. Therefore, it is possible to prove a negative. And you can't do that.

Edited by Electrokinesis is me, 13 February 2008 - 03:23 PM.


#40    eqgumby

eqgumby

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,576 posts
  • Joined:15 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida Panhandle

  • If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

Electrokinesis is me on Feb 13 2008, 09:23 AM, said:

Yes what I said is very much valid. Go out there and prove that the human body is totally incapable of such things. Like people have already proven it is impossible to lick your elbow. Why can't you do the same and make the nooks write, its impossible to do telekinesis and all that? The answer is, because its real. Why people write in books its impossible to lick your elbow? Well, because its possible to prove a negative. And you will find that up till now nobody has claimed being able to lick their elbows but people have claimed telekinesis. Therefore, it is possible to prove a negative. And you can't do that.

I won't revisit this topic. It's been done to death here. Sorry, you make the claim, you prove it, and you can't prove that I am not an alien, you can't prove UFO's are not from another planet, you can't prove my dog can't talk to me psychically. There are some things that are just not valid arguments, and your statement is one of them. It's impossible to prove psi-anything does not exist. It is also not possible to prove that it does exist. Where does that leave us?

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!


It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#41    Sporkling

Sporkling

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,841 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2007

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:38 AM

eqgumby on Feb 14 2008, 12:39 AM, said:

I won't revisit this topic. It's been done to death here. Sorry, you make the claim, you prove it, and you can't prove that I am not an alien, you can't prove UFO's are not from another planet, you can't prove my dog can't talk to me psychically. There are some things that are just not valid arguments, and your statement is one of them. It's impossible to prove psi-anything does not exist. It is also not possible to prove that it does exist. Where does that leave us?

You did not answer my question. Why can people prove that its impossible to lick your elbow and yet nobody can disprove psychic? I thought that maybe my previous post was badly worded so I word it again for you to answer. And if you have already answered my question, your post is badly worded as well and so I would be very glad if you could rephrase it too.
Thanks



#42    the eternal me

the eternal me

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2007

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:21 AM

choosing what you say is impossible is tricky as well.
we have this little show here in canada called "discovery", and they did a little thing on "the impossiblity to lick ones elbow", showed the bassis on which this was determined.
well they got blasted with videos and pictures from fans of the show, doing what? licking their elbows. which just goes to the whole damn point of.
just because you cant do it, does not make it a universal truth. ( yes there are people that can lick their elbow, i cant, but that does not mean they don't exsist )

Edited by the eternal me, 14 February 2008 - 05:22 AM.


#43    Sporkling

Sporkling

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,841 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2007

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:51 AM

the eternal me on Feb 14 2008, 01:21 PM, said:

choosing what you say is impossible is tricky as well.
we have this little show here in canada called "discovery", and they did a little thing on "the impossiblity to lick ones elbow", showed the bassis on which this was determined.
well they got blasted with videos and pictures from fans of the show, doing what? licking their elbows. which just goes to the whole damn point of.
just because you cant do it, does not make it a universal truth. ( yes there are people that can lick their elbow, i cant, but that does not mean they don't exsist )

Thats interesting.


#44    eight bits

eight bits

    ...

  • Member
  • 7,628 posts
  • Joined:24 May 2007

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:47 AM

Wow, EM and EK, you have opened up a whole new world for me. I don't believe that I have ever before thought about licking my elbow. (In a quick trial, I couldn't, neither left nor right.)

But I wouldn't conclude from that that nobody could do it. I am not especially flexible. Ironically, what I learned during my failed attempt convinced me that somebody probably can do it. (That I got close, and that I could "feel" what was "in the way," and general knowledge that people dislocate joints, etc.)

I can also appreciate that if a guy could do that, say at parties where gals attended, then the trick would greatly increase his chances of leaving offspring. Come to think of it, I bet it would help ladies attract mates, too. Hmm,... someday everybody will be doing it, if Darwin was right.

But I do not see how this epsiode helps your argument. The TV show failed to "prove a negative" in a case of possible human performance. Sounds like they were silly not to recognize how far off they were before they went to air.

Maybe the lesson is that they ought to have tried it for themselves, rather than relied on videos original.gif .

Edited by eight bits, 14 February 2008 - 11:49 AM.

Posted Image

#45    Sporkling

Sporkling

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,841 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2007

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

I believe that the lesson is, never put yourself on air or risk getting embarassed.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users