Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

can people sense death

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1    aureola

aureola

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

well hi people
actually in past few years i got to know about several people who died and one thing that was common to all was,people who died started to behave strangely before their death.
so my question is can people sense their death,therefore their behaviour changes?
did you have any such experience?

#2    aureola

aureola

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:24 PM

actually a relative of mine was suffering from a disease for quite sometime,he actually loved his wife very much,but before he died he actually asked her to go away and also didnt eat the food she cooked
there was an old lady in my neighbourhood,who before dying asked her son and his family to go away in another room and lock all their doors and windows!!
there was another lady who had lost all her apetite due to disease,but before several hours she died,she actually ate wholeheartedly!
this might not sound very strange but people who were about to die either behaved very rudely or  demanded extremely different things than they usually did!!

Edited by adeity, 08 February 2008 - 06:38 PM.

#3    SunDogDayze

SunDogDayze

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

I would think so. I mean, animals do it all the time. They know they are not going to make it, so they go somewhere and just die. I doubt it's a conscious thing, but there are probably some mechanisms in the brain that begin to misfire or something.

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies

#4    sosboots

sosboots

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:23 AM

Back in 1993, I was doing a lot of work at a local nursing home (at the time a pervert was preying on the elderly resident) and I got to know a lot of old folks and I remember 2 accounts. The first was a old lady that came and said goodbye because she will not be their the next day and when I was back at work I was told she had died in her sleep that night. The 2nd, again a lady got up said she was happy to have meet us but it was time she went, at the time we thought her mind was going but she went to her room lied down and died with 2 hours.
This is the only 2 times this has happened but I believe both knew it was their time and i am sure this would happen a lot if you ask the nurses at the nursing home.

#5    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:33 AM

People definitely can in my experience working as a firefighter/emt and being on an ambulance. There is a medical term; "feeling of impending doom" happens a lot when people are having a heart attack or have had major trauma. Basically people realize that they are coming to the end of their lives. They react differently, it may be with panic, or it may be with peace. We get taught that when people start telling us things like "you need to tell my wife..." We start taking notes because a lot of time, they know they arent going to see that person again and we do indeed have to pass that message along.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#6    Saraswati

Saraswati

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:53 AM

-

Edited by Saraswati, 12 February 2008 - 06:17 PM.

#7    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:38 AM

A week before my father's fatal heart attack.. he went out his way to make a mends with all of his brothers.. Let's say they all didn't get along--  He had seven.. the last one he made a mends with on Friday, my father died friday night....

I do believe they know.

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#8    softsunshines

softsunshines

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

Its hard to say a concrete thing, as I don't have any 1st hand experience here. But yes, many people show unusual behaviour and behaviour drifts at times. Would like to know if anyone has read something scientific about these recurring patterns.

#9    spiritualsan

spiritualsan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:17 AM

Hi Im spirit and this is the first time that i have visited this site, became a member straight away!  So hi all, hope you are well!
i read all discussions and came to this the first i believe i can give some input to.

Approx 10 years ago when i was 28, pregnant with my third child, i was in tremendous pain with my back, i suffered the pain from around 10 in the morning, and after taking the pain all day and night i finally had to get my husband (at the time) to phone a doctor at 3.30 because i could not sleep for the pain. (silly me at the time just thought it was musclular pain), the doctor told me it was a clot on the lung, and being the person i thought i was, like id freak out and scream and be absolutely terrified, wasnt the person i felt at the time.  A kind of calmness that i could never explain to you, no matter how i tried, overcame me! It was the best feeling i had ever felt, but it was not in the mind, that was blank, no thoughts, just a calmness of the brain, but an absolute wonderful feeling inside my whole body, the dire pain in my back was gone, but the sould came alive, alive with the most beautiful calmness, and i will never forget that feeling!

I knew that i was going, and i believe that i was, and then the mind was alerted, i was lying on a stretcher bed while i was being booked in by the ambulance staff, and i was still aloat, then a scottish doctor with his white coat on came into the side bay and said "its ok, iv just looked at your results, you have an infection on the lung, once you get an antibiotic injection you will be fine"

he came in the side bay in one door and went out another that was behind me!

it must have been a few hour's later when my husband and 2 children walked in, and my husband had tears in his eyes and my kids started to cry.

"no, dont" i said, it's only an infection, im going to be fine" its ok

i was then put onto the main ward, i was then insisting on pain relief, because the pain had came back, but they had to do a lot of checks before they could give me anything, because i was 7 months pregnant!

when i actually got put onto the ward, i was going crazy for pain relief and the ward doctor came to see me and he said " we have got to give you warfrin (a type of rat poison that thins the blood) and we need to get the authorisation to give it to you, with you being pregnant, and i told him what the scottish doctor said, that i dont have a clot, i have an infection!  but he just looked at me gone out, and said that the xray did not show that, like i was dreaming or seeing things!

So the answer is yes, we do know when we are going to die, but if we would like to, we can always pull ourself's away from it and carry on living!

And it all depends on what you have to live for?
I had my children at the time, i could not go with this beautiful sea of calmness that had overtaken my body, oh no, i needed to wake up and carry on strutting along!

since that time, the fear of death departed from my mind!

the old lady in the nursing home, she knew she was going that night, but she had decided she was going to welcome it in at long last!  

the other's that want the family to go away, is because they are the people that were keeping them from that ultimate calm, not wanting to hurt their families!

But we all have to go sometimes, its very hard missing someone, but, never fear for your departed life, it's beautiful!

thank you for reading my reply, i hope i did not bore you all or go on too much....  anyway i'll shut up now..........

spirit***

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_9832.JPG

#10    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:36 AM

After being skeptical of just about anything I'm going to have to say yes on this one though I have no real explanation for it. I've experienced this phenomenon far too many times with people I've lost in my life.

Perhaps some day, if it happens to me and I sense death coming, hopefully I'll have enough time and strength to write down what I'm experiencing.

The irony is, however, there will be some skeptic somewhere who will disbelieve my words. hmm.gif

#11    ThePitOfReason

ThePitOfReason

Remote Viewer

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:40 AM

My middle brother was 14 years older than me. He died in 1993 from liver cancer. The day he died I was on my out the door to go to work I told him I would see him when I got home and he said hang out and play hooky today. I couldnt as I had bills due and needed the money and the job. A few hours after that I was treating a home for termites and the hose blew out in my face and I swallowed about a half a cup of termiticide as i had my mouth open at the time. I had a cold and could only breath from my mouth. I ended up in the hospital poisened from it in the ICU unit. They put me on a IV with the antidote for it. I awoke about 2 hours after that and was allowed to leave the hospital. When they gave me my cloths and pager back I seen my mother had been trying to page me. When I called her she said my brother was dieing. I made it to his home and he took his last breath in my arms the moment I walked in and got him in my arms.

I have to wonder if he knew he was going to die that morning when he told me to hang out. And if he knew my life was going to be at risk. We were very close to have such a big age difference. More like twins in some ways. When the phone would ring many times I knew it was him and he always said the same thing about me. We could never stay mad at each other past a day.

#12    aureola

aureola

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

to all the people who gave reply to this topic
there is just more thing ,all we can do is just count the possiblities whether the people who were about to die,they realised it or not,but i cant even imagine what that person might be feeling,when he/she knows that very soon he/she is about to die,for some it might be scary or may be a painful feeling,,,,,dont know

#13    Mbyte

Mbyte

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

• Your scepticism disturbs me

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

Well there is a cat that knows when people are going to die. It lives in a nursing home (how they have a cat in a nursing home i will never know but they do). The staff noticed that the cat would go in and sleep with a perticular person at night and they would die during the night or the next day. The staff havn't alerted the patients of the cats ability. This was on the news in Ireland and it was probably on the home page on UM one time. Maybe the cat contaminates them to death.

Also my sisters husbands cousin can see when people can die and she works as a nurse in a hospital. She can tell who will and who won't leave he hospital alive. She gets upset over it sometimes. My sisters mhusband told me oe time that the cousin told the doctor not to treat a patient because if he did the patient would die. He ignored her feelings and the patient died. The doctor came back to her and he said if you get any feelings like that again... tell me.

Edited by Mbyte, 11 February 2008 - 11:07 PM.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

#14    lars123456789

lars123456789

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

• well yes... why not? could be plausible

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

Hello, never been here before, but saw this and thought "Hey, why not?", i don't believe in it, i lost my father last fall from a heartattack if you can call it that, i don't know what it's called in english "he had a two centimeter clot in his heart that blocked the main arterie in one of the heartchambers). The reason i don't believe in it is because he acted as usual (even though we didn't have our regular dayfights, the reason we didn't have was because we both treated eachother with respect that day, as we usually did some days once in a while:P). I don't believe people have the sensory ability to know they are about to die (well, not if they are about to die suddenly, so) and when looking at it with what the paramedic talked about, most of that would just be plain logics saying "i am'nt going to make it", that is what i believe

well yes, why not?... could be plausible

#15    Episteme

Episteme

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

• "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:17 AM

adeity on Feb 11 2008, 12:39 PM, said:

to all the people who gave reply to this topic
there is just more thing ,all we can do is just count the possiblities whether the people who were about to die,they realised it or not,but i cant even imagine what that person might be feeling,when he/she knows that very soon he/she is about to die,for some it might be scary or may be a painful feeling,,,,,dont know

I've had two grandparents that held on for visits before they died, one that prepared everyone for his death before he went in for a very minor outpatient surgery after which he died.  I think it really depends on the type of person you are.  My Grandmother waited for everyone to visit, sang hymns and recited gospel.  She was very at peace with it and knew she was ready, yet didn't pass until just after the last person scheduled to visit her left the hospital (most family came in from out of town/state).  

One of my Grandfathers was much the same, minus the hymns and gospel.  This was my Grandma above's husband.  He was at peace with it because he was tired and knew it was coming very soon, but he worried most about my Grandmother.  He also waited until he had visited with everybody, he died the night the last person left also.  He told my Grandmother to go home and get some rest, told her that he loved her, and passed a couple of hours after she went home.

My last Grandfather was a pretty different kind of fellow.  Sometimes I wonder if he made the choice to die.  He was very healthy and was getting a minor operation, he should have been home that night.  Before the surgery he took my Uncle around and showed him where all of the insurance papers were, retirement, taxes, and some money and valuables he had stashed away.  My Uncle was worried and tried to convince him this wasn't necessary, Grandpa just told him, "Son, you know when your time is up", or something to that effect.  He also told his wife it was his time, so he tried to prepare those closest to him.  Then he woke up from being sedated, told my Grandmother he loved her, fell asleep and passed.  Officially he died of heart failure, he could not be revived.  His heart was healthy for a man his age.

The rest of the people I've sat with before they've died have all been mentally disabled.  A few seemed to have known, those that were aware and conscious towards the end, but none acted afraid.  I'm sure it could be a different case when you have time to prepare vs. when it comes as a surprise.

Posted Image
My Website- Avatar created with permission from The Clayman using Dancing Chicken 1.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users