Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astronaut Musgrave comment on STS-80 'UFO'

JimOberg

A few weeks back Sky Eagle reported receiving a message from

astronaut Story Musgrave categorically denying any sightings in

space of UFOs. Good piece of original research, kudos to SE.

Although SE paraphrased the message, I'd like to get the actual words on record,

along with the date of the message, so it can be quoted directly by other

investigators and reporters. SE, can you share that with us, please?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skyeagle409

• dcman

• Magnatude

• JimOberg

Top Posters In This Topic

A few weeks back Sky Eagle reported receiving a message from

astronaut Story Musgrave categorically denying any sightings in

space of UFOs. Good piece of original research, kudos to SE.

Although SE paraphrased the message, I'd like to get the actual words on record,

along with the date of the message, so it can be quoted directly by other

investigators and reporters. SE, can you share that with us, please?

Yes! Here it is.

Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 12:02:58 -0800

Subject: A Question

To: info@spacestory.com

Hello Mr. Musgrave,

I have been reading articles on the internet that you once saw a saucer-shaped UFO while in space. Is that true? Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Musgrave <storymusgrave@hotmail.com> wrote:

no

Story Musgrave

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:34:05 -0800

Subject: RE: A Question

To: storymusgrave@hotmail.com

Hello,

Here is the article I was refering. Apparently, someone is spreading false information that I think you should be aware of since they are using your name. Thank you once again, and I want to wish you a Happy New Year!

http://www.ufocasebook.com/musgraveconfirms.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it sells and it makes money for someone, i will try to get the real stuff out there, thanks,

story

Story Musgrave

Thanks.

Again, kudos for getting to the source, and getting him to answer. Well done.

You've welcome!

I figured it was time to let Astronaut Musgrave clear it all up for us.

Edited by skyeagle409

lol... but he gets to the point.

This is an excellent example of Second hand info, as I've said on the other Story threads, I'd rather hear it from Story himself.

Second hand info always has the uncanny ability to distort as it gets passed along.

Thanks for posting.

Yes! Here it is.

He only denies the saucer part...what "real stuff" is he referring to that he plans on getting out there?

He only denies the saucer part...what "real stuff" is he referring to that he plans on getting out there?

I am going to eventually find out.

I am going to eventually find out.

I find his statement cryptic:

"it sells and it makes money for someone, i will try to get the real stuff out there, thanks,"

What "Real Stuff" is he referring to, and has he indicated to you what this may be?

I find his statement cryptic:

"it sells and it makes money for someone, i will try to get the real stuff out there, thanks,"

What "Real Stuff" is he referring to, and has he indicated to you what this may be?

(shakes head)

Perhaps he will just "state" that he did not see a ET UFO as assumed, and the assumption was just being used to sell his book.

Interesting how you guys read-between-the-lines, this is how mis-information starts, haven't you guys learned from this example?

Thanks.

Again, kudos for getting to the source, and getting him to answer. Well done.

Oh, big deal! SE asked a really simple question and he got a really simple answer. So Story claims he did not see a saucer-shaped UFO while in space. But he raved on about the things he HAS seen in space and his comments would garner comments such as he sounds like a nut, etc. Besides, he may not have seen a saucer-shaped UFO while IN space but he certainly saw at least one in the documentary where he is shown next to a tv where some NASA footage is being shown and Story sounds really surprised at what he has just seen - a saucer-shaped UFO!

Kudos should be given for exceptional research, not having someone answer a simple query.

• 3 weeks later...

:tu: I like this bit....

http://***********************/nasa-ufo.html

During an earlier interview, Dr. Musgrave stated he attempted to communicate with ET life forms during each of his six missions. He actually asked them to take him with them. Now that's an astronaut with a lot of courage. Dr. Musgrave retired after this flight from NASA. Since then he's been spreading his considered opinion that alien life exists. When Musgrave speaks of this, it's no great leap for one to assume he's admitting knowledge of alien life. As the final slide of a "Grey" ET was shown during a recent astronomy presentation by Dr. Musgrave, he made this surprising comment: "These guys are real... I guarantee it!" Dr. Musgrave does know the truth. This author guarantees it!

Consider that carefully. These are world renown scientists making statements almost beyond belief. Dr. von Braun and others of his stature have the courage to disclose "sensitive" information, but obviously the leaders of the USA and the world do not. If billions could find a way of coping with the overwhelming threat of atomic annihilation for half a century, it is reasonable to assume we can cope with the knowledge of these "Other Intelligence's" from the stars. We can cope with the fact they are visiting earth, and have been since the beginning of history. We must. Those still asleep must open their eyes. We Are Not Alone.

About the author:

Clark C. McClelland, former ScO, Space Shuttle Fleet, KSC, Florida 1958 to 1992. Former Director, NICAP Unit-3 at Cape Canaveral and KSC, former MUFON Assistant Florida State Director, and former Director, Kennedy Space Center MUFON Unit, KSC

http://www.stargate-chronicles.com/case_in...with_atlas.html

linked-image

When Jacobs arrived, he first noticed a 35 mm movie projector and large screen had already been set up. He eagerly anticipated seeing the film from Big Sur. Turning to scan the office, he noticed three solemn looking men dressed in gray suits, watching every move he made. None spoke a word, no Good-morning, no exchanges, nothing.

Soon, the Major greeted them with a Good-morning and started the projector rolling. Jacobs found himself admiring the clear, crisp frames showing the Atlas rising into space in all its glory. He was very proud of his team and their accomplishments. Every sequence of the rocket was clearly captured as it continued out over the ocean. The segment of the flight reached the point where the dummy nuclear warhead sequence was to take place. As the final frames of the film approached, Major Mansmann said, "Lt. Jacobs, now watch the screen carefully."

Suddenly the most remarkable thing Jacobs had ever seen came into view from right to left and joined the streaking Atlas. It approached the dummy warhead and began to maneuver around it. The strange visitor was actually orbiting the nosecone in flight. It dawned on Jacobs that this "thing" was intricately circling the warhead while both were traveling at 18,000 miles per hour! That is phenomenal maneuverability, even by today's standards of aviation.

Jacobs was shocked into realizing that as far as he was concerned, the US, better yet, the world governments, had no such capability to display this feat of technological showmanship. "Who did?" was Jacobs' silent question.

Then, something even more astonishing occurred. The "thing" circumnavigated the warhead while emitting four very distinct and bright flashes of very intense white light, hitting the warhead at approximately the four cardinal points of the compass as it related to the long cylindrical shape of the nosecone. These flashes were so intense that each strike on the warhead caused the image orthicon (television) tube to bloom or form a halo around each light burst. Following this unearthly display, the strange craft departed in the direction from which it came. Jacobs noted that the shape of the object was the classic saucer. On top, in the center of the disc, was a dome from which the four bright flashes of light emanated.

Subsequently, the dummy warhead's trajectory was obviously disrupted by the "attack." It malfunctioned, tumbling out of control into the Pacific, hundreds of miles short of where the Nike-Zeus was to intercept it in a crucial test of our missile defense capabilities. The mission's primary objective had failed.

The film ended. Major Mansmann switched on the lights and pointedly asked if Lt. Jacobs or his crew had been fooling around with the optical equipment. "No sir!" replied Jacobs. "Then," demanded Mansmann, "what the hell was that, Lt. Jacobs?"

Jacobs looked straight into Mansmann's eyes and said, "It looks to me like we got a UFO, sir." Jacobs had just committed a major mistake.

The three spooks in gray suits glared at Jacobs without saying a word. Their stare was cold and filled with grave concern over his remark.

Major Mansmann, observing their reaction, ordered Jacobs to forget all he had witnissed on the film, told him it never happened. Jacobs responded with his affirmation and left the room like any USAF officer would do if he valued his military career. Years later, Lt. Jacobs would feel guilty over keeping this astounding event from the public. He disclosed it in an article published in the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) Journal.

In 1997, I attempted to locate Major Florenz Mansmann, who had no doubt retired. After finding an address, I wrote a very polite letter and awaited an answer. To be honest, I did not expect one.

About two weeks later, to my complete surprise, a very cordial response arrived accompanied by photocopies of articles of the Major and his photographic crew, including Lt. Jacobs. It was obvious the Major was proud of his long military career and his numerous, impressive accomplishments. He also provided written approval to quote him and all he said concerning this incident, and verified that this strange craft had indeed downed one of the USA's strategic missile nosecones.

Edited by crystal sage