Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The Truth on "Powers"


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#16    Nik Xues

Nik Xues

    The Still Wanderer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Joined:27 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

i think the reason we dont accept our abilities is because we often write them off. except for Kenesis most psychic abilities are just perfected everyday functions.

telepathy is either psychology[expected reaction] or reading of body language or both

visions are a mixture of
odds vs statistics and pattern perdiction
with a touch of instinct or dreams acting as a medium.

now seeing dead people ill avoid because that is another debate entirely [do ghosts exist?]

NOW take into account that people pick up on different things due to different experiences.

at lunch a person will only know whats cooking if he's smelt it before. consider this as a minor example of prediction

now if we change context
a person who works a mine has a nightmare of an accident that will take place. sure enoughbit happens. but this is not abnormal you see.

James[for example] sees everday how the rocks react to the mining. because he has a year of data in his mind it is very easy for him to simulate the most likly disaster. what better way to SIMULATE than to dream? and then forboding hunch sets in warning him that the mine is following the perdicted course and he should leave.

now what do you think we are capable of if we learned to control this function.

True Scientists consider all possibilities until they have evidence stating otherwise.
the others are idiots simply waiting for proof of existence.

#17    zos14

zos14

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined:20 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wherever i want

  • "My country is the world... and my religion is to do good." ~~ Thomas Paine

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

Nik Xues on Feb 12 2008, 07:00 PM, said:

i think the reason we dont accept our abilities is because we often write them off. except for Kenesis most psychic abilities are just perfected everyday functions.

telepathy is either psychology[expected reaction] or reading of body language or both

visions are a mixture of
odds vs statistics and pattern perdiction
with a touch of instinct or dreams acting as a medium.

now seeing dead people ill avoid because that is another debate entirely [do ghosts exist?]

NOW take into account that people pick up on different things due to different experiences.

at lunch a person will only know whats cooking if he's smelt it before. consider this as a minor example of prediction

now if we change context
a person who works a mine has a nightmare of an accident that will take place. sure enoughbit happens. but this is not abnormal you see.

James[for example] sees everday how the rocks react to the mining. because he has a year of data in his mind it is very easy for him to simulate the most likly disaster. what better way to SIMULATE than to dream? and then forboding hunch sets in warning him that the mine is following the perdicted course and he should leave.

now what do you think we are capable of if we learned to control this function.


no, what you are talking about does not fall under the category of telepathy or E.S.P, you're talking about mentalism, and there's a huge difference between them, see with telepathy, you use psi (energy) to reiceive and send thoughts, this way when somebody tries to send you something, you don't hear what they're saying in their heads, you get a bunch of emotions or pictures, that you have to decode in order to "know" what the other is thinking of. but with mentalismm, as you have said, you have to check the other person's body language, their surroundings, and analyse them on a psychological level, an example of a famous mentalist is of course criss angel, who scares the sh*t out of people by telling them what number, name, or object they're thinking of on his show mindfreak. now Heartagram, i understand that the reason of your post was to clear some misconcepts concerning psionics or psychic abilities, i also understand that your post was accompagned by a claim, i would appreciate it if when you become capable of performing TK(probably not), you make a video to support your claims, k? and by the way, all of you stop talking about god and heaven, like if you had a degree in ontology or something.

P.S: to all the skeptics, nobody ask me if i have proof, for psionics, i have stopped practicing for quite some time now, i've been busy doing more important things(studying), i have never made any claim concerning any psychic abilitie.


The fact is, efficiency, sustainability, and abundance are enemies of profit. To put it into a word, it is the mechanism of scarcity that increases profit. ~~ Peter Joseph

The Venus Project

Zeitgeist

#18    silentsinger

silentsinger

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Joined:11 Aug 2005

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

Heartagram3200 on Feb 12 2008, 06:07 PM, said:

Exactly, You guys would get so pissed, if we did what to you, what you do to us...If when you said, find evidence to prove this, we would sya, we will, but in the meantime, you find evidence to disprove us...Common logic isn't enough to disprove something...Unlike you though, we have many examples, that show that they do exist...Of course it isn't enough for you guys, but th ething is...You have NOTHING, to disprove us...So whats your next move? Trying to pass the buck back to us? What to do now skeptics?


Well it should be much easier for the believers to prove they are right, than it is for the skeptics. The skeptics have to examine EVERY single person claiming to have these abilities, and if they find no evidence of the abilities, people just find excuses to why it did not work on that day. The believers just need to have ONE person prove their abilities exist, but still not ONE person has done that.

Edited by mutationman, 12 February 2008 - 08:07 PM.


#19    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

    Master Blaster

  • Member
  • 11,065 posts
  • Joined:08 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gulf Coast of Mississippi. Missing TX.

  • One day love will find me.....

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:08 PM

nirvanic demon on Feb 12 2008, 01:54 PM, said:

P.S: to all the skeptics, nobody ask me if i have proof, for psionics, i have stopped practicing for quite some time now, i've been busy doing more important things(studying), i have never made any claim concerning any psychic abilitie.

thumbsup.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.


...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#20    Nik Xues

Nik Xues

    The Still Wanderer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Joined:27 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

hmm mentalism

wheres the line? show me

as i see it emotion and body language is tied. if you have cooked steak you know when someone else is cooking it by the smell [data].

and as i said most of the process is SUBCONSCIOUS. so you are unaware how it works.

True Scientists consider all possibilities until they have evidence stating otherwise.
the others are idiots simply waiting for proof of existence.

#21    Rolci

Rolci

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Joined:24 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

My personal opinions and arguments for this spoilt topic as well:

What each and every single persistant skeptic fails to realize is this: the so-called "believers" did not wait for other people's stories and evidences. You should have REALIZED BY NOW that if this was possible it would've happend AGES AGO. Don't you see it? You are still arguing and waiting for your evidences but you'll never get it neither from us nor your respected scientific journals. The only way to obtain the proof you are seeking (or not seeking) is (would be) to try things for yourselves. Expecting positive results can help a lot. You see, all these people here are sharing their stories with the rest of the "believers" who will then start pursuing the new skills, learning and developing more and more. That's partly why the view count is always way higher than the number of reactions. And while about half of the reactions is others sharing their similar stories, the other half is the skeptics explaining how these things are impossible and that they don't believe a word of it. I do understand that you have a right here that you can practice - the right to express opinions, but it's getting really boring now. If you really need to pound it all the time, to express that you "know" that this is all impossible and all lies then maybe you should go visit the Spirituality vs Skepticism topics more often, that's the place for you. We're trying to be constructive here and build a little community where people discuss their experiences, ask help for methods and better understanding of what's happening to them when they go through a new experience spontaniously. Criticising and arguing will not get you anywhere. Has it done so? Are you spiritually more and greater than a year ago? Is your life more full of new experiences, thoughts and understandings? Or still the same? Arguing and waiting for your evidence forever that you'll never see?


#22    Nik Xues

Nik Xues

    The Still Wanderer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Joined:27 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:16 PM

ive learned to accept the skeptics

the "good" ones you should be able to bounce theory off of.

dont waste your time on the "false" skofftics who are not actually here to learn.

skeptics need to be approached on their level. EVIDENCE and THEORY.


you say it is so prove it.

either show me
or explain how it works.

ive seen several who have hollow or incomplete theories. and many are incapable of evidence on this forum. im a beleiver but experience is proof for only you.

Edited by Nik Xues, 12 February 2008 - 11:18 PM.

True Scientists consider all possibilities until they have evidence stating otherwise.
the others are idiots simply waiting for proof of existence.

#23    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laurel, MD

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

Eric Raven The Skeptic on Feb 12 2008, 12:39 PM, said:

I like how you side step proving yourself. I wonder why? Because you can't.



See thats what I mean! I dont want this thread to debate whether or not psi exist...i wnat people to relise this "power" isn't really a power...And that we don't think it is...People blow it all out of proportion and think we mean we can do amazing things wiht it but we cnat...Don't think we think we're wizards.....Thats why i made this thread...So people can relise we don't try to be superheroes....If you skeptics can understand that, then I don't give a damn whether or not you belive...I just want you guys to relise our sense when we talk about this stuff...

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#24    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laurel, MD

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:55 AM

nirvanic demon on Feb 12 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

no, what you are talking about does not fall under the category of telepathy or E.S.P, you're talking about mentalism, and there's a huge difference between them, see with telepathy, you use psi (energy) to reiceive and send thoughts, this way when somebody tries to send you something, you don't hear what they're saying in their heads, you get a bunch of emotions or pictures, that you have to decode in order to "know" what the other is thinking of. but with mentalismm, as you have said, you have to check the other person's body language, their surroundings, and analyse them on a psychological level, an example of a famous mentalist is of course criss angel, who scares the sh*t out of people by telling them what number, name, or object they're thinking of on his show mindfreak. now Heartagram, i understand that the reason of your post was to clear some misconcepts concerning psionics or psychic abilities, i also understand that your post was accompagned by a claim, i would appreciate it if when you become capable of performing TK(probably not), you make a video to support your claims, k? and by the way, all of you stop talking about god and heaven, like if you had a degree in ontology or something.

P.S: to all the skeptics, nobody ask me if i have proof, for psionics, i have stopped practicing for quite some time now, i've been busy doing more important things(studying), i have never made any claim concerning any psychic abilitie.



Yea I'll make a video...I'll prolly put a psi wheel in a see-through jar and move it....I'll try to have a friend to video tape it, so he can move all around the jar the whole time and show there is no unseen crack or something in it...and Unlike other TK vids i'll try to get my face in, so you can see i'm not breathing on it...That, or i'll just wear a bandana to cover my mouth so I cant breath on it...

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#25    Kevin A.

Kevin A.

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Joined:07 Feb 2007
  • Location:My desk most likely...

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:11 AM

Heartagram3200 on Feb 12 2008, 07:49 PM, said:

See thats what I mean! I dont want this thread to debate whether or not psi exist...i wnat people to relise this "power" isn't really a power...And that we don't think it is...People blow it all out of proportion and think we mean we can do amazing things wiht it but we cnat...Don't think we think we're wizards.....Thats why i made this thread...So people can relise we don't try to be superheroes....If you skeptics can understand that, then I don't give a damn whether or not you belive...I just want you guys to relise our sense when we talk about this stuff...


Of course it IS a POWER. We are not blowing it out of proportion. You are either effecting matter with only the power of your mind. Reading other peoples thoughts or predicting the future. Or projecting your consciousness out of your brain and into this world or another plane of existence.

Most the time what is being claimed or described as one of these "abilities" is something that no other animal on the planet is capable of. Something that defies the laws of physics. Something that has absolutely no basis in reality or proof of its existence.

These are super powers. These are not natural and these are something that is beyond anything any animal or human has ever been known to do. I dont see where we are blowing this stuff out of proportion....


Heartagram3200 on Feb 12 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

Yea I'll make a video...I'll prolly put a psi wheel in a see-through jar and move it....I'll try to have a friend to video tape it, so he can move all around the jar the whole time and show there is no unseen crack or something in it...and Unlike other TK vids i'll try to get my face in, so you can see i'm not breathing on it...That, or i'll just wear a bandana to cover my mouth so I cant breath on it...


Oh for the love of toast........I hope you are kidding.......

Kevin A.



#26    000000000000000

000000000000000

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:38 AM

I am a skeptic who tries to prove psi right in my own way. Sorry to say this, but there is no possible way to prove it right. You have to experience it. Not to long ago I thought it was crap. But not to long ago I was seriously injured and I wanted to believe in something stronger then phsyical actions. Today I am alright but thats how i got into psi. You have to do it for yourself. Even if a guy goes into a lab and throws a tree 100 feet. Every single skeptic will find some way to find a reason for it to be false.


#27    zos14

zos14

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined:20 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wherever i want

  • "My country is the world... and my religion is to do good." ~~ Thomas Paine

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

that's not completely true, i mean, what if i was practicing and i made this "wheel" move, how do i know it was me who  actually did it, how do i know it isn't some other scientific pheonomena, seriously, i have seen a lot of people on these forums, who say that they're able to move the psi wheel, but when you ask them if they can do it with a glass container on it, they say they can't, why is that? when somebody becomes capable of performing TK, he should go to a science lab, to test his skills, and to see if they're for real, this is the only way you can prove it to yourself. by the way heartagram, where did you learn psionics( what site)?

The fact is, efficiency, sustainability, and abundance are enemies of profit. To put it into a word, it is the mechanism of scarcity that increases profit. ~~ Peter Joseph

The Venus Project

Zeitgeist

#28    SilverWood

SilverWood

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mountain Home, ID

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:04 AM

oh boy, where to start... (i've been gone for a while, eric you might remember me) first off I agree whole heartedly with the theory proposed here. I don't have the names right now (i'm working on getting them) but there are actually scientists out there who are "rediscovering" the fact that we are all connected by energy and that it is possible to unlock the ability to manipulate this energy with our minds. so this so called mystic power is actually a scientific truth, that most of the world has forgotten or dismissed, that is just being rediscovered by the scientific world. again, I don't have the names of the scientists that are conducting this study but I will get it to you guys ASAP.

the who: Keeper of the Balance, the what: Guardian of the Light.

#29    raoulduke666

raoulduke666

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Joined:12 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kentucky

  • "...many are so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to defend it" Morpheus "The Matrix"

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:21 AM

I say just post of video of you showing what you CAN do and I bet you wouldn't get so much skepticism.  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." -Hunter S. Thompson-

#30    Egyptian-Illuminati

Egyptian-Illuminati

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2006

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

Yes, just like before advanced technology was developed it was called "Magic" or "impossible"

Tech=Magic  

Mind Powers = Super human powers  . . . .  . etc

Fri. Nov. 7th/08

"Our nearness to you grows each day and soon we shall walk shoulder to shoulder with you."

-SaLuSa
Extraterrestial from the Sirius Constellation, member of the Galactic Federation of Light.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users