Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

instant hatred towards someone

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:13 AM

I've come VERY close to just punching a random kid in the hall..

I didn't know him, he was just walking with his group of friends past us, no body was being loud, and everyone knew each other atleast a bit. We stop near the door to let him threw, and I'm going through the door and for some reason I turned aroudn and just took a shot at the back of the kids head (had to punch UP since he's a bit taller, heh) but my friend pushed me to the side and I hit the door, the guy looked back gave me a weird look and kept on walking...

I have no idea why or how it happened, hes a cool guy, never did anything to me, and usually I'm pretty calm.

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#17    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:28 AM

I just noticed something, most of the people that posted in this are usually calm and under control.  Well, everyone is going to get angry at one point or another, and you guys I'm assuming are good at keeping under control.. Well sometimes a person just needs to cut rank (get angry, might be an aussie term I'm not sure.)  If you don't your subconcious will eventually find other ways to channel out your anger.  This is a lesson, don't pick on the quiet kid in school who never gets angry, because if you do he might rock up with a shotgun one day and say "hi" back.

(Bottled up anger = cracking of bottle = exploding of bottle.. Lesson, don't bottle up anger.) original.gif

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#18    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:41 AM

PsiSeeker on Feb 12 2008, 08:28 PM, said:

This is a lesson, don't pick on the quiet kid in school who never gets angry, because if you do he might rock up with a shotgun one day and say "hi" back.

Oh god you can't beleive how paraniod me and my friends get about that, EVERYONE HAS A LIST..and I might be at the top of a few....  ph34r.gif

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#19    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,977 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:56 AM

It's normal/natural to have that type of instant feeling toward someone......there's a lotta ppl I despise.

#20    CallSignWolf

CallSignWolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

• I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose." Clarence Darrow

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:29 AM

omerta on Feb 12 2008, 11:05 PM, said:

thats happened to me quite a few times

Under the assumption that we have past lives.

I've had this happen to me, though only once, The guy is in year Eleven, though he must only stand up to my nipples because he's so short and skinny. I hate him so much though, even his shrilly high voice. I just try to steer clear of him, otherwise I know I'll go berserk on him for no reason - Even he hasn't even said anything or done anything.

If the world loved as much as it hated, it would be a wonderful place - Anom.

#21    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

I cant remember ever having instant hatred towards anyone. I've had instant love but not hate. Maybe I did when I was a kid but I cant remember. So there isnt anyone I've ever hated really.. and if there was, I'd probably try not to.

#22    Meltus

Meltus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

nativechick1989 on Feb 13 2008, 05:56 AM, said:

It's normal/natural to have that type of instant feeling toward someone......there's a lotta ppl I despise.

well it's good to know other people experience it and i'm not just an absolute prick. (arguably tongue.gif)
It just seemed really wierd to me because i'd never spoken to him, never heard of him and i didn't know he existed untill i saw him. It's only this one guy too, there's no one else i've ever hated. I was just wondering if anyone could explain why it's only happened to me once and it was this guy i chose to hate?

#23    SunDogDayze

SunDogDayze

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:14 PM

Oh yeah, I have done that. And I really am not one of those 'bottle it up inside' people lol. I have no problem telling anyone what I think, at any time. (It's been labeled as a fault of mine lol)

Anyway, I believe it has something to do with intuitive feelings. The body language or mannerisms or facial expressions or even spoken language of the person tips you off to a personality you don't like. I am a female, and I find that most of the time, it's other women that I get that feeling with. I usually just leave, so I don't hurt someone's feelings unintentionally.

On a side note, think of it this way. Dogs do the same thing. Ever had your dog try to tear someone's throat out for no reason that you could see? Has your dog barked and growled at a particular person in a room full of people? It's the same thing, they intuitively know they don't like that person.

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies

#24    1.618

Poltergeist

• 2,543 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:31 PM

SunDogDayze on Feb 13 2008, 02:14 PM, said:

Oh yeah, I have done that. And I really am not one of those 'bottle it up inside' people lol. I have no problem telling anyone what I think, at any time. (It's been labeled as a fault of mine lol)

Anyway, I believe it has something to do with intuitive feelings. The body language or mannerisms or facial expressions or even spoken language of the person tips you off to a personality you don't like. I am a female, and I find that most of the time, it's other women that I get that feeling with. I usually just leave, so I don't hurt someone's feelings unintentionally.

On a side note, think of it this way. Dogs do the same thing. Ever had your dog try to tear someone's throat out for no reason that you could see? Has your dog barked and growled at a particular person in a room full of people? It's the same thing, they intuitively know they don't like that person.

mmm...instincts are usually worth listening to. I have experienced those instant feelings of strong dislike(I dare not call it hate...i really don't like the associations of it) and try to ignore them and get along with the person who inspired the feelings in me.
Most of the time, my instincts prove themselves right. Funny that. I too am a very laid back relaxed kind of person normally.

#25    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,256 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:10 PM

Frankly, 'hate at first sight' can be right on, or very incorrect...depending what the feeling is based on. For example, if you immediately *hate* someone because they physically resemble another person you did not get along with in your past, probably not a very valid reason for your hatred. However, if you immediately *hate* someone because they begin to espouse or exhibit behaviors that you find very objectionable, probably a good reason to feel that hatred (not liking racists or bigots for example).

Here's an interesting example of 'incorrect hatred': I'm a life long exerciser. I exercise to control my weight, to stave off osteoporosis, to reduce my risk (runs in my family) for high cholesterol. As an added benefit I look pretty good for someone my age. A woman I had just met told another lady I know that she *hates* me because of how I look. She went on to say she was sure I couldn't have had three kids, and that I'd most likely had plastic surgery! Needless to say her reason for *hating* me is nothing more than thinly veiled jealousy IMO...very similar to the SOURCE being *hated* for being a tall guy.

Anyway, I think we all need to do a careful analysis of why we instantly hate others, because sometimes the real root of this hatred lies within ourselves.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#26    Username Deleted

Username Deleted

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

I've had this happen once, i don't mean dislike but real hatred, i only met him twice for a minute or two each time, the first time i had to walk away because i felt myself getting the red mist, the second time a friend of mine spotted me looking a bit weird and drag me away. I've never felt like that about anyone before or since. I'd forgotten about him till reading this thread, thinking about him now he still makes me feel the same. Odd.

And as others have said on here too - i'm normally laid back and chilled out about everything, live and let live and all that..

#27    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

I can't remember actually seeing or meeting someone and right off saying I hate them....I'm a very suspicious person, and trust hardly anyone, so that feeling may come to mind, and I may listen to my gut feeling and just stay away from them....I can see where Lilly is coming from with hate being jealousy....Many a time I have said "I hate the way the dress looks on her" or "I hate that she has that great body", but it wasn't spiteful towards the person themselves, just that I wanted to look as good as them...... original.gif

#28    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

theSOURCE on Feb 13 2008, 09:09 AM, said:

Just curious, but how can you actually hate someone you don't know?

How come you can actually love someone you don't know?

#29    Lilix_Vixen

Lilix_Vixen

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:12 AM

Meltus on Feb 12 2008, 03:30 PM, said:

sorry if this is in the wrong place. didn't know where to post it.

basically, my and my girlfriend were at my mates party about a year and a bit ago, and someone was there whom i didn't know. so i went over to talk to him and from the moment we looked at each other i absolutly hated him. loathed him even. i had absolutly no reason to whatsoever, he'd done nothing to me and he hadn't even spoke to me, i just couldn't stand being around him.
all my mates think he's an alright guy and he comes out with us and stuff but i can't be around him at all. Just being in the same room makes me angry and i just want to get up and kick the sh** out of him, although i don't think i've ever hit anyone in my life.
It's not in my nature to be agressive and was just wondering if anyone else had any experiences like this?

Yes it even has a name. It's called sangre pesada.  mad.gif  It translates to heavy blood. It is when you hate someone at first sight or first meeting.
I have had sangre pesada for few ppl. lol

“If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.”

Albert Einstein

#30    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

Orcseeker on Feb 13 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

How come you can actually love someone you don't know?

Personally, I don't believe that anyone can actually love someone without getting to know them first. So-called love at first sight can be attributed to lust, infatuation, or even deep admiration. Love is a powerful emotion that needs time to develop and grow. It involves compromises and sacrifices that one must be willing to make. In my opinion, anyone who claims to love someone without actually knowing anything about them is, in fact, simply obsessed with that other person.

As an example, let's say you see or meet someone you find extremely physically attractive, but once you get to know him/her you find that their personality (or mannerisms, beliefs, prejudices, mental attitude, etc.) is completely repulsive to you. Would you say that you still love that person?

Unless you believe that love is something that you can turn on and off at a whim, I don't think it's possible to love a complete stranger.

Of course, this is just my 2 cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users