Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Quija board challenge to skeptics

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#1    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:10 AM

I would really be interested to see if a Quija board skeptic would go out and buy a board, and try to bring demons or evil spirits into their home. If you really don't believe in Quija boards I challenge you.

Go out and buy one. Use the board often and alone, and try to contact demons and other evil spirits. When you get one, ask it to perform tricks for you to prove it is real. Ask it to appear in your room, ask it to take control of your body, ask it to scare your family. Keep talking to it over a long period of time and be sure to ask it to stay with you forever, even after you stop using the board. Ask it when you will die. Ask it about GOD. Ask it to bring other demons into your home because you like demons so much you want to have lots of them around. Ask it to grant you immortality. Ask it to make you wealthy.

You have to do this believing that you are talking with someone, and keep an open mind. You may not believe that the board will work, but at least have an open enough mind to talk to whatever happens to contact you in a serious way.  I see people saying that the Ouija is nothing but a game, but those people saying it never say that they have ever used the board more than a few times, usually when they were little kids. It's easy to be a skeptic and not believe in something if you have never researched the subject yourself personally.

Put your money where your mouth is, and let me know your results, or are you afraid?

Thatguy, international man of mystery.

#2    AngelXVI

AngelXVI

Psychic Spy

• 1,149 posts

• God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... Courage to change the things I can,,, and wisdom to know the difference!

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:14 AM

cpjason on Feb 12 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

I would really be interested to see if a Quija board skeptic would go out and buy a board, and try to bring demons or evil spirits into their home. If you really don't believe in Quija boards I challenge you.

Go out and buy one. Use the board often and alone, and try to contact demons and other evil spirits. When you get one, ask it to perform tricks for you to prove it is real. Ask it to appear in your room, ask it to take control of your body, ask it to scare your family. Keep talking to it over a long period of time and be sure to ask it to stay with you forever, even after you stop using the board. Ask it when you will die. Ask it about GOD. Ask it to bring other demons into your home because you like demons so much you want to have lots of them around. Ask it to grant you immortality. Ask it to make you wealthy.

You have to do this believing that you are talking with someone, and keep an open mind. You may not believe that the board will work, but at least have an open enough mind to talk to whatever happens to contact you in a serious way.  I see people saying that the Ouija is nothing but a game, but those people saying it never say that they have ever used the board more than a few times, usually when they were little kids. It's easy to be a skeptic and not believe in something if you have never researched the subject yourself personally.

Put your money where your mouth is, and let me know your results, or are you afraid?

I think its a crazy suggestion... Even if you don't believe would someone put their family/children at risk just for a dare!!

Posted Image

Demons only exist if you believe in them!!!

#3    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:16 AM

This comes across as flame baiting with the unknown to me hmm.gif and it's 'Ouija'

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#4    SS79

SS79

Psychic Spy

• 1,917 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:25 AM

cpjason on Feb 13 2008, 01:10 AM, said:

Well this is a change asking the skeptics to put up or shut up  tongue.gif

But I think your underestimating the amount who have used it with no affect . maybe you would have been better doing a poll .

In my opinion its all about belief . If someone believes they will get a response and truly believes it will be ghostly/ demonic they are likely to bring that into reality . by assiociating everything that happens therafter to be down to the board /ghosts/demons .

IN effect i think what you are proposing is dangerous . Not becaue your asking people to use the board itself . the board is made of card I could use it too chop my carrots on. or to prop up my pillow at night with no ill effect . But you are asking people to open themselves up (not to a demon ) but  to a possibility, within their minds that maybe something is there when maybe its there subconcious at work which IMO can be psychologically damaging to susceptible individuals . simply because theres a chance that their  mindset will change. and not because they are suddenly haunted by demons/spirits or ghosts.

Just my opinion
SS79.

Edited by SS79, 13 February 2008 - 01:35 AM.

#5    AngelXVI

AngelXVI

Psychic Spy

• 1,149 posts

• God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... Courage to change the things I can,,, and wisdom to know the difference!

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

SS79 on Feb 12 2008, 08:25 PM, said:

Well this is a change asking the skeptics to put up or shut up  tongue.gif

But I think your underestimating the amount who have used it with no affect . maybe you would have been better doing a poll .

In my opinion its all about belief . If someone believes they will get a response and truly believes it will be ghostly/ demonic they are likely to bring that into reality . by assiociating everything that happens therafter to be down to the board /ghosts/demons .

IN effect i think what you are proposing is dangerous . Not becaue your asking people to use the board itself . the board is made of card I could use it too chop my carrots on. or to prop up my pillow at night with no ill effect . But you are asking people to open themselves up (not to a demon ) but  to a possibility, within their minds that maybe something is there when really its there subconcious at work which IMO can be psychologically damaging to susceptible individuals . simply because theres a chance that their  mindset will change. and not because they are suddenly haunted by demons/spirits or ghosts.

Just my opinion
SS79.

I agree with you that its just a object, like a gun for instance, if it gets in the wrong hands it can be dangerous... on the other hand, it could be your subconscious... then again, no one really knows, its the unknown and I would never put my child or family in jeopardy just for a thrill on a Ouija board.

Posted Image

#6    SS79

SS79

Psychic Spy

• 1,917 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:38 AM

AngelXVI on Feb 13 2008, 01:33 AM, said:

I agree with you that its just a object, like a gun for instance, if it gets in the wrong hands it can be dangerous... on the other hand, it could be your subconscious... then again, no one really knows, its the unknown and I would never put my child or family in jeopardy just for a thrill on a Ouija board.

True . I changed it from really their subconcious to maybe [/b]  tongue.gif

LOL i understand what your saying though . I just think its highly likely 9 out of ten times it is the subconcious at work. the mind is a wonerful thing. IMO wink2.gif

Edited by SS79, 13 February 2008 - 01:38 AM.

#7    Belle.

Belle.

Poltergeist

• 2,399 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:38 AM

Hmm I am skeptical about the supernatural - but there is NO way I would do this. I hate the idea of a ghost or something worse lingering around me - even if it didn't work I would probably interpret any noise in my home as being evidence that it did. I think a lot of it is the power of the mind......mine would create a haunting no doubt. There is just that tad of possibility, shadow of a doubt for me that it could be true.

I think most hauntings are just people fixated on the idea that they have a haunting.

#8    RX-7

RX-7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

hence one of the reasons why I'm not a skeptic anymore. Been there done that  grin2.gif  

#9    AngelXVI

AngelXVI

Psychic Spy

• 1,149 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:45 AM

SS79 on Feb 12 2008, 08:38 PM, said:

True . I changed it from really their subconcious to maybe [/b]  tongue.gif

LOL i understand what your saying though . I just think its highly likely 9 out of ten times it is the subconcious at work. the mind is a wonerful thing. IMO wink2.gif

Its the 1% that worries me... innocent.gif

Posted Image

#10    TRPS-TECH1

TRPS-TECH1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:46 AM

This is a different kind of topic . Although the skeptics and on believers are being called out , they will not except the challenge . Interesting !!!!  

BUT , as for that being said , I would not hold this challenge to anyone , because I would never wish anything NEGATIVE on them . If it would allow only calm spirits , that would be different .

" You better believe in ghost stories , cause your in one ! "

" Absence of evidence IS NOT evidence of absence "

" All  a skeptic is , is someone who hasn't had an experience YET "

#11    RX-7

RX-7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

TRPS-TECH1 on Feb 13 2008, 02:46 AM, said:

This is a different kind of topic . Although the skeptics and on believers are being called out , they will not except the challenge . Interesting !!!!  

BUT , as for that being said , I would not hold this challenge to anyone , because I would never wish anything NEGATIVE on them . If it would allow only calm spirits , that would be different .

Well, from experience, a true skeptic doesn't believe in babble like this (can't really blame them, it's just a board!), and something like this is pretty much a joke to them so there would be no problems there. However, I doubt there are any true skeptics on here though. I always know a true skeptic when I see one  wink2.gif

#12    Guyver

Guyver

Poltergeist

• 3,242 posts

• Then I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.
    Ecclesiastes

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:34 AM

The skeptic would only be skeptical until unseen forces beyond their control began to materize or manifest circumstances beyond their control.  At some point they would no longer be skeptical, just aftraid, VERY AFRAID!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

#13    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:42 AM

An unreliable tool for the discovery of truth of any kind

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#14    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:12 AM

cpjason on Feb 12 2008, 07:10 PM, said:

So,  you're a believer in the Ouija board.. and If you DO believe in the possible negative consequences it may cause on someone, why would you taunt someone into that chance... I'm just saying...  If you believe in them, then you would also believe in the chance it could happen to that person you're taunting... isn't that messed up?

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#15    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:36 AM

cpjason on Feb 13 2008, 02:10 AM, said:

The movement of the planchette is not due to spirits but to unconscious movements by those controlling the pointer, the ideomotor effect. The same kind of unconscious movement is at work in such things as dowsing and facilitated communication. Not to mention the people who moves the pointer on purpose.

Observing  powerful messages and the powerful effect of messages on impressionable people can be impressive. American psychiatrist Dr. Carl Wickland claims that using the Ouija board "resulted in such wild insanity that commitment to asylums was necessitated." Is this what happens when amateurs try to dabble in the occult?

Maybe, if they are suggestible, not very skeptical, and a bit disturbed to begin with.

Edited by DEBUNKER, 13 February 2008 - 03:37 AM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users