Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The bermuda triangle.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Lightning88

Lightning88

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

• When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.
    -Leo Burnett

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

Mattshark on Feb 18 2008, 07:13 AM, said:

Or more accurately it is nothing, because there really is nothing. Nothing unusual, nothing mysterious. Nothing.

In my poll,so far it's a tie beetwen multiple stange things and storms.at 26% then 7% aliens 7%gas 13% nothing strange and 20%electromagnetic fields.I'll keep you guys/girls updated once a day.and if you havent voted yet plz do.

#17    __sarah__

__sarah__

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

i think its to do with electronic and magnetic phenomena.  grin2.gif

#18    wizzosis

wizzosis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:03 AM

There's nothing supernatural about the Bermuda Triangle. It's a stormy area.

#19    Lightning88

Lightning88

Psychic Spy

• 1,139 posts

• When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.
    -Leo Burnett

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

wizzosis on Apr 3 2008, 08:03 AM, said:

There's nothing supernatural about the Bermuda Triangle. It's a stormy area.

i cant find record of anything unexplained since 05.

#20    HArMoNIc_RaIN

HArMoNIc_RaIN

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

• _wHAt?_

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:56 AM

Magnetic interference probably gives the best valid explanation. Who knows before the last pole shift, Bermuda used to be one of the poles or maybe it is the most exact centrepoint for the current poles and compasses go haywire from not being able to determine if its north or south.

Edited by Tracker7, 03 April 2008 - 07:59 AM.

deafening silence

#21    Obsin

Obsin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

• "There's a stillness in time
    Which I cannot define"

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:29 AM

Hmmm ... And yet still nothing weird has happened to Bermuda in the few months since I first posted in this thread.  I suggest people take a trip to this isle of mines and find out about the triangle first hand as local fishermen and piolets laugh in your face and bust your ego.

#22    Lightning88

Lightning88

Psychic Spy

• 1,139 posts

-Leo Burnett

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:54 AM

Obsin on Jul 27 2008, 09:29 PM, said:

Hmmm ... And yet still nothing weird has happened to Bermuda in the few months since I first posted in this thread.  I suggest people take a trip to this isle of mines and find out about the triangle first hand as local fishermen and piolets laugh in your face and bust your ego.

are you serious? ..........get a life.

#23    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:27 AM

I'm originally a Miami girl. Though I grew up in North Florida, most of my family resides in Miami, and like anyone else, we spent a lot of time out on the ocean, in it, above it, etc. There is nothing supernatural or weird about the Bermuda Triangle. If you research the incidents, most have been spun to create a mystery, and those that are unexplained are simply ocean casualties. People do get lost at sea, no matter what sea we're talking about. Hate to break it to folks, but looking beyond the hype will put things in perspective. Lloyds of London insures many a merchant vessel, and their long list of records do not show a higher number of incidents in this area than anywhere else.

Anyone that has spent time in this particular part of the world knows that the warmer months where people are more apt to be out on the ocean is also the wet season. That means storms. Storms that crop up seemingly out of nowhere every afternoon.

Edited by Marby, 28 July 2008 - 09:28 AM.

#24    Obsin

Obsin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Which I cannot define"

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

silverracerkh2005 on Jul 27 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

are you serious? ..........get a life.

I am serious.  Come to my island and other areas that touch the Bermuda triangle.  Talk to people who have been out on the waters i.e. pilots and fishermen; and prepare to be laughed in your face ("Oh you actually believe in that stuff kid?  I was alive before that silly legend even existed").   A true researcher needs to actually get down and dirty and go to a place to find out what it is all about, not sit on an armchair from afar and make presumptions (like these Chinese businessmen made news on my isle because they were afraid to come here due to a fear their plane would disappear in the Bermuda Triangle.  Ah we locals had a good laugh at that).  And I have a life.  It's great.  What about you bub?  Come to my island if you dare.  Hop on a plane, rent a hotel room, rent a scooter and start asking around.  grin2.gif  

Bermuda's premier newspaper:

www.theroyalgazette.com

Your starting place for your Bermuda vacation:

www.bermuda.com

Oh, and take a trip to Florida too.  Like the poster above, Miami is supposed to be a Bda Triangle hot spot but nothing weird seems to be going on there either.  Instead, while you're there, indulge in one of the beautiful women prowling South Beach.  Bring some friends, it'll be worth your while.

Yea, I just wanted to stoke the fires a bit.  I can't believe people still believe in this stuff, well I can, but be ready to back things up and not just defend what you know about an area from purely a book when there is a big wide world out there hungry for adventurers (read factual books that look at both sides of the issue, explore the region and ask the locals, check the cold hard statistics).  Let's be realistic.  Late night trolling.  grin2.gif

Edited by Obsin, 28 July 2008 - 10:06 AM.

#25    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:02 AM

Obsin on Jul 28 2008, 10:56 AM, said:

I am serious.  Come to my island and other areas that touch the Bermuda triangle.  Talk to people who have been out on the waters i.e. pilots and fishermen; and prepare to be laughed in your face ("Oh you actually believe in that stuff kid?  I was alive before that silly legend even existed").   A true researcher needs to actually get down and dirty and go to a place to find out what it is all about, not sit on an armchair from afar and make presumptions (like these Chinese businessmen made news on my isle because they were afraid to come here due to a fear their plane would disappear in the Bermuda Triangle.  Ah we locals had a good laugh at that).  And I have a life.  It's great.  What about you bub?  Come to my island if you dare.  Hop on a plane, rent a hotel room, rent a scooter and start asking around.  grin2.gif  

Bermuda's premier newspaper:

www.theroyalgazette.com

Your starting place for your Bermuda vacation:

www.bermuda.com

Oh, and take a trip to Florida too.  Like the poster above, Miami is supposed to be a Bda Triangle hot spot but nothing weird seems to be going on there either.  

Yea, I just wanted to stoke the fires a bit.  I can't believe people still believe in this stuff.  Late night trolling.  grin2.gif

It's funny how people like to sensationalize things rather than get the real story from the locals and do the research into supposedly mysterious disappearances. I really don't understand how on earth this myth has persisted.

#26    Obsin

Obsin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Which I cannot define"

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

Marby on Jul 28 2008, 05:02 AM, said:

It's funny how people like to sensationalize things rather than get the real story from the locals and do the research into supposedly mysterious disappearances. I really don't understand how on earth this myth has persisted.

They still sell Bermuda Triangle books.  I guess people love a good mystery about an area where strange things go on - the myth has persisted for so long.  And people aren't really encouraged to question or develop a healthy sense of skepticism. The truth - the sea is a hard place and is not for the inexperienced - people do die and all the time.  It seems so conquerable to us as we sit in our cozy homes and hear about people braving the oceans, but the open oceans are no joke.  You slip and get tossed over board into choppy waters, the current takes your boat far out and there you go another victim of the Bermuda Triangle.

#27    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

Obsin on Jul 28 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

They still sell Bermuda Triangle books.  I guess people love a good mystery about an area where strange things go on - the myth has persisted for so long.  And people aren't really encouraged to question or develop a healthy sense of skepticism. The truth - the sea is a hard place and is not for the inexperienced - people do die and all the time.  It seems so conquerable to us as we sit in our cozy homes and hear about people braving the oceans, but the open oceans are no joke.  You slip and get tossed over board into choppy waters, the current takes your boat far out and there you go another victim of the Bermuda Triangle.

You've hit it right on the nose, Obsin. I was taught at an early age to love the sea, but also to respect it. Just because we have modern technologies and a bigger understanding of it than we ever did doesn't mean that we can somehow conquer it. We are land animals, for one, and we still don't know a lot about what's down there. People lose sight of that when they get out on a beautiful ocean and want to play Errol Flynn. When you combine that with the inexperienced tourist going out on the water on their own, of course there will be problems.

It just amazes me that these books even sell. You would think that people would respect the truth even though it's not as sexy.

#28    Ichigo

Ichigo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

Guys, if till today ships were to sink at the Bermuda Triangle it would be a big headline in the news. and the bermuda triangle is a hot spot for tourists. so get real!

#29    20SEP2008

20SEP2008

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

Anyone know about the Philadelphia experiment and the Mantauk Projects and their findings and the possible connection to the position of the triangle on the Earth?

Or am I alone?

Its quite lengthy to explain, so if someone else wants to do it, that would be nice.

#30    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:51 PM

Marby on Jul 28 2008, 10:27 AM, said:

I'm originally a Miami girl. Though I grew up in North Florida, most of my family resides in Miami, and like anyone else, we spent a lot of time out on the ocean, in it, above it, etc. There is nothing supernatural or weird about the Bermuda Triangle. If you research the incidents, most have been spun to create a mystery, and those that are unexplained are simply ocean casualties. People do get lost at sea, no matter what sea we're talking about. Hate to break it to folks, but looking beyond the hype will put things in perspective. Lloyds of London insures many a merchant vessel, and their long list of records do not show a higher number of incidents in this area than anywhere else.

Anyone that has spent time in this particular part of the world knows that the warmer months where people are more apt to be out on the ocean is also the wet season. That means storms. Storms that crop up seemingly out of nowhere every afternoon.

Very true there is nothing odd about the area.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users