Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Egypt secret chambers revealed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 03:46 PM

Renowned egyptologist Zahi Al-Hawass Showcases the most up to date Archaeological work going on in Egypt.

They will be probing a blocked shaft live, and using those little remote rovers to go in first.
They will also open the oldest intact sarcophagus found in modern times.
Tonight, National Geographic 1am GMT.

I CANT WAIT  :sq

More info here http://news.national...13_egypt_1.html

Bristol society for paranormal research and investigations      Click here

#2    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 16 September 2002 - 05:14 PM

Wow loks really intresting :sk
Unfortunatly too late for me :'(
But I will be setting my vidio :D
                     Thanks Crosis :s03

#3    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 05:18 PM

It is repeated tomorrow at 9pm if thats any help.

:sq

Bristol society for paranormal research and investigations      Click here

#4    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 16 September 2002 - 05:36 PM

I'll proberly still record it as the Egptians really fasinate me, I'm looking forward to it. :sq

#5    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 05:42 PM

I saw  what they are planning to do in the Kheops pyramid...using this small motorised probe (Lara Croft had too big boobs to go inside ;D). It will drive through a small tunnel and drill to an undiscovered chamber.

They expect to find Kheops' Tomb or a map that would reveal the secrets of pyramids' construction.

Unfortunately we won't be able to see it live in France...maybe in 10 years! ;D

WOW...HOW CAN IT BE?...THE MAN HAS WALKED ON THE MOON! :s2 :s2 :s2

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#6    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 16 September 2002 - 08:40 PM

I remember seeing an article about that on this forum's front page ( I believe it was posted by MM),  but when I looked for our programming schedule, turns out  it's only on the National Geographic Channel   (which my cable company doesnt' carry!)   >:(
            They used to show specials like that on one of the 3 big stations!  I guess they don't think it will draw enough money people!  :-/

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#7    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 16 September 2002 - 08:43 PM

KC,

It's showing on the Fox Network tonight, 8:00 your time, 7:00 central.

Magikman  :D

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#8    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 16 September 2002 - 08:55 PM

MM!!!  Thank you for that!!   :s7

I just got some new cassettes...now to get my vcr ready!!   :s1

Helen Keller

#9    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 09:24 PM

it sux, dont watch it.  you will only wish you had the 2 hours of your life back, and realizing that's not possible, you will be sick to your stomach :)

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#10    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 19 September 2002 - 06:14 AM

I'm sure there are a lot more boring things people can do,  but I didn't think this show was one of them!  Considering they still made another fabulous discovery with the 4,500 year old mummy.  And if there are two places blocking that shaft,  there must be something important hidden there.  It's just another unexplained mystery,  just the thing that starts discussions like we do on this forum!!   :s1

Helen Keller

#11    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 19 September 2002 - 06:33 AM

DSchwartz,

I think you are being way too harsh. The hype surrounding the program was certainly deceiving, that can easily be attributed to FOX's well known marketing strategy. Remember, this is the same network that gave us the 'alien autopsy' video and the 'moon landing hoax' programs, not to mention 'when animals attack' and other mind numbing sensational tripe. Clearly, the focus of the aforementioned shows is based purely on ratings and not credibility, scientific or otherwise.

From a historical perspective I found the program quite interesting and even educational. There were many secrets that were revealed to us, from an archeological standpoint, anyway. The discovery and revelation of the pyramid builders 'mini-city' was fascinating, and the evidence gleaned from the discovery helped to solidify a greater understanding as to how the pyramid construction was possible, sans the ridiculous notions of extraterrestrial involvement or other worldly machinations. Straight forward, reliable information offered intelligently and credibly, no doubt greatly influenced by National Geographic involvement. It was hugely entertaining I thought, even with the disappointment at the pyramid. I would recommend the program to anybody, it was a refreshing change from the preposterous, factually inept, ludicrous crap that passes as entertainment anymore these days.

Magikman  :sg

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#12    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 04:22 PM

I for one totally enjoyed it and found it quite exciting, as I stayed up and watched it live I had no idea that they would find another door so that was a bit of a cliff hanger.
I can't wait till they open the next door and will be watching with bated breath and like KC says there must be something important there for them to go to so much trouble hiding it!!! :D

#13    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 19 September 2002 - 09:08 PM

I agree with Halo MM and K.C. being an Historian/archaeologist I was fascinated by this programme. All I wanted to do when they found another door was to call them and say 'Knock it down!' Fit a battering ram! not quite what u should say but hey it's a door want to know what is behind it............... :s09

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#14    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 06:42 AM

i know enough about egyptian history, thank you.  if i wanted to watch a boring documentary, i would have certainly found a better one.  

who wants to waste 2 hours listening to some schmuck talk about finding rows of bread making facilities.  then they found grain receptacles.  then came the sleeping quarters- or what they assumed them to be.  i was waiting for them to dig up a latrine and play with the fossilized shit- now that would be entertaining.

so what if they found a 4500 year old skeleton in that tomb- what else do you expect to find in a tomb?  no jewelry, no pottery, nothing but an old skeleton.  piss poor job of grave robbing in my opinion.  at least find something of value if youre going to pry open someone's tomb and disturb their remains.  

i especially got sick of that old egyptian archaeologist.  what is that man's hangup with stroking the wanker of the great ancient egyptians?  i almost vomited listening to him go on and on about how it was now certain that the great egyptians built the pyramids, blah, blah, blah.  he was so worried about them damaging the pyramids by drilling a hole through the secret chamber door- what makes this all the more ridiculous was that most of the chambers were opened by using explosives in the past!  they even mentioned it in the earlier portion of the documentary.  how can you be concerned over a small drill hole?  he made them do all types of tests to make sure the drill hole wouldnt impact the pyramids in a bad way... yeah, i can see them falling to the ground when they drilled a 1 and 1/2 inch diameter hole in a chamber door.

im glad someone enjoyed it.  i hated it :)

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#15    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 10:51 AM

What?...nothing found?...not even a StarGate? :s2 :s2 :s2

I haven't watched it, but sure it must have been a dicey and questionable attempt for the Fox to turn an archeologic discovery into a show, especially when you don't know what is behind a f****** wall! I agree with Schwarz on the point that it could encourage tomb pillagging for the TV audience, but I wouldn't be so harsh!

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users