Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Questions to ask the Magnetic Man

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Nucular

Nucular

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:50 AM

mind on Feb 28 2008, 06:41 AM, said:

I hope this clarifies my position on this issue a bit, Nucular.

It does indeed, thanks.  I don't think we're too far away from one another on this.  To be honest, I very much doubt that any scientific paper has been written on this, since a) I can't find one, and B) it really, really looks to me like a very simple trick.  I am, as ever, prepared and eager to be proved wrong.

Incidentally, I haven't checked out all the names on the list, but a couple check out to be proper scientists (or at least have the same names as proper scientists!); I couldn't find any record of a couple more; and I already know the name Jack Houck from his rather silly spoonbending parties (he's somewhat credulous, and I have no doubt that he may have 'endorsed' Magola).

Many bona fide scientists and researchers will have publicly available contact details - it might be an interesting exercise to ask Magola for details of the 'investigations', and then contact the individuals themselves to ask whether they realise their name is associated with him.

Edited by Nucular, 28 February 2008 - 12:15 PM.

#17    mind

mind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

Nucular on Feb 28 2008, 01:50 PM, said:

Many bona fide scientists and researchers will have publicly available contact details - it might be an interesting exercise to ask Magola for details of the 'investigations', and then contact the individuals themselves to ask whether they realise their name is associated with him.

I have already emailed him a "preliminary" question asking for clarifications on the scientific inspection of his ability. Let's see if and how he answers it.

#18    mind

mind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:07 AM

Hi,

I have finally published my interview with him along with some quotes from other researcher plus additional videos and photographs.

See at Interview with Miroslaw Magola

I'd like to know your opinion.

#19    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

Thank you for posting the link. That was very kind. It is a good read, and I am unsure what to make of the subject.

I was especially interested in his dealings with Randi, whose "challenge" is the subject of debate hereabouts.

The story with Mr. Randy is a curious one. At my public lectures and demonstrations in New York I invited him twice to have a close look to my ability. But he did not come or send somebody of his crew. His invitation to him would be depending first of an contract. My lawyer gave me the advise, not to sign it; because the whole examination and development would be a „never ending story“ .

I have often written here that people who consulted with their lawyers beforehand would receive just this advice. It was gratifying to see my thoroughly non-psychic prediction confirmed.

Best wishes.

An afterthought on this ability

Back in January, a poster here reported that he had what he called "sticky palms," that is, small objects stuck to his hands, and not because he was doing any surface tension or suction tricks that he knew of.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=117221

It turns out that there is a natural condition called mucoid sweat - long story short, the affected person sweats what amounts to a glue.

Throughout your posts and story there is talcum powder. I have no idea wnat happens when talcum powder is combined with mucoid sweat. I do know, however, that talcum powder is often combined with real glues in order to fill voids (cracks or scratches) or make small objects.

Although the effect of talcum powder on my hands would be to help ensure a dry, low friction surface, maybe mucoid sweat would create a different surface condition. Alternatively, the combination might create a somewhat dimensionally stable paste from which a serviceable temporary suction cup might be fashioned.

I don't know, but maybe it is a lead if you decide to continue your investigations.

Edited by eight bits, 20 March 2008 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users