Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Thoughts on the human mind..

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Aries1982

Aries1982

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

I guess I would consider myself someone who doesn't accept life as being life, and that's all. I've always had the feeling that there is more to life than what meets the eye, I can't accept the theory that we're here to put in a solid 70-80 years of life and then check out for eternity. I've come to find the more I think about the human mind, dreams, what's reality, memory, etc. The more I'm believing in my original hunch that there is more to life than what meets the eye. After living with panic disorder for a long time, seeing my general health taking a pretty hard shot, and then being able to cure myself without medication or therapy, seeing all my health problems disappear... The power of the mind is something beyond words. I find myself thinking about what reality really is, and if what I believe reality to be, is it really reality at all? Do we only see what we think is real, can we see what we don't know exists? It's a known fact that brain filters what the eyes see, so in that thinking... Are we seeing so much more than our conscience allows us to see? Is there a ton of abstract memories stored in our subconscience? This kind of thinking makes me embrace life more than I have in my past. You know, it's really something to say that I beat a disorder which many people suffer their whole lives with,  even with medication and treatment. So sometimes I wonder if I unlocked some sort of mind power that a lot of people think can't be real? How else can I explain my 10fold positive change in health, when I never took any medication or treatment to fix it? How can I suffer with something for so long, but with willpower and belief in myself... I was able to overcome a disorder that is highly medicated? I read all the time people taking different benzo's or a combination of these drugs with little to no improvement in the condition. So i'd have to say that the power in my mind was able to cure me. I'm talking about panic disorder here as well, not just an attack. So it's my thinking that basically, the mind has the ultimate say on anything that goes on in our life. I believe that our mind set, our outlook on life, has a huge impact on wether or not we stay healthy and happy. Real postive thought can equate to real positive experience. I do my best to not follow down the rabbit hole too deeply... but the deeper the rabbit hole gets, the more exciting the possibilites. How about the rest of the members here, What are your thoughts on the mind? Do you accept the mind at face value, as just a library of stored information of our lives.. Or do you believe it to be something more? This might be just a pile of giberish, but it's so hard for me to form detailed questions about the mind because it's so infinite.

It's so damn Hot! Milk was a bad choice..

#2    Kamazar

Kamazar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

The mind can do anything. We just don't let it. Somehow we've created a mental barrier, which we won't be able to get past unless we stop looking at the Ferrari Enzo and focus on what's really important (and no, I'm not talking about the Lamborghini). If you need an example of a mental barrier, take a look at TV? The stuff on it is so stupid, and people watch so much of it, they can't think beyond it. Yick, I'm getting philosopical.

Calvin: "See any UFOs?"
Hobbes: "Not yet."
Calvin: "Well, keep your eyes open, they're bound to land here sometime."
Hobbes: "What will we do when they come?"
Calvin: "See if we can sell Mom and Dad into slavery for a star cruiser."
Posted Image

#3    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:14 AM

Exactly my thoughts Aries plus i'll add if life was a one off thing, wy is it so unfair.

Why are some people born disabled, retarted and they suffer while others are born perfect.

Why are some people more "lucky" than others. Why do some people have so much money while some people barely survive. And lets admit it, there is a strong bias towards "beautiful". A beautiful "girl or boy" friend makes us so proud in front of our mates while, we don't even bother looking at ugly ones. And in 99% case, if you find a girl or boy good looking, all your mates will feel the same way while nobody talks about "ugly" people.

A real life example: a beautiful girl at bar with lots of friends and 3 - 4 boyfriends.

A beautiful girl at shopping mall with her mum, on crutches, not much friends and no boyfriend. (same age)

A good looking girl at uni, every boy wants to hook up with.
A "not so" good looking girl at uni, nobody wants to hook up with.

If this life is one off then something is seriously wrong and for many people it was great trip but for many others it was like a nightmare and then everything vanishes,

Hopefully its just like a dream, we all have bad dreams and good dreams. Hopefully for the sufferers, after deatth, it was a bad dream and might move to better place now.

Seriuously, with all intutions and stuff, there is more to life than we think there is. You can see yourself if anything really bad happens (like your close family member dies) or something, the moment they die (and you don't know they died), you will feel sad automatically and you wouldn't know whhy.

Also some animals *i think tigers*  sleep for more than 20 hours a day and are only awake for 3 hours. So thats more time in dreamland than on "earth". It must be like dreaming to them when they actually wake up  and "more real" life when they sleep.

Edited by vikstar, 04 March 2008 - 12:16 AM.

#4    Aries1982

Aries1982

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:46 AM

Everything is relative though Vikstar. Does money bring happiness? The general consenses is, no. Many people after winning the lottery admit to life being worse after the lottery winning, so does that downplay luck as well? I think so. As far as beautiful people go, they get more than their fair share of negativity for the way they look. How? Every move they make is closely watched, jealousy is always present, people always want to see these people fail because of the way they look, No matter how sincere and down to earth they are, people have a hard time believing they're real or that they actually care about anything more than themselves. So essentially, Even though it's great to look good, a lot of negativity can follow. As far as being handicapped, it's hard to justify anything when it comes to that. It just seems unfair. However, maybe reincarnation has something to do with it? Maybe our soul chooses a harder more challenging path when we come back to earth, in order to understand and appreciate all that is the human experience? Maybe some people choose to come back handicapped to learn important lessons about life? Maybe people choose to live a harder life, in order to experience all that it is to be human? That's how I like to view those situations... wether i'm right or wrong, to me, It's something I believe.

vikstar on Mar 3 2008, 08:14 PM, said:

Exactly my thoughts Aries plus i'll add if life was a one off thing, wy is it so unfair.

Why are some people born disabled, retarted and they suffer while others are born perfect.

Why are some people more "lucky" than others. Why do some people have so much money while some people barely survive. And lets admit it, there is a strong bias towards "beautiful". A beautiful "girl or boy" friend makes us so proud in front of our mates while, we don't even bother looking at ugly ones. And in 99% case, if you find a girl or boy good looking, all your mates will feel the same way while nobody talks about "ugly" people.

A real life example: a beautiful girl at bar with lots of friends and 3 - 4 boyfriends.

A beautiful girl at shopping mall with her mum, on crutches, not much friends and no boyfriend. (same age)

If this life is one off then something is seriously wrong and for many people it was great trip but for many others it was like a nightmare and then everything vanishes,

Hopefully its just like a dream, we all have bad dreams and good dreams. Hopefully for the sufferers, after deatth, it was a bad dream and might move to better place now.

Seriuously, with all intutions and stuff, there is more to life than we think there is. You can see yourself if anything really bad happens (like your close family member dies) or something, the moment they die (and you don't know they died), you will feel sad automatically and you wouldn't know whhy.

Also some animals *i think tigers*  sleep for more than 20 hours a day and are only awake for 3 hours. So thats more time in dreamland than on "earth". It must be like dreaming to them when they actually wake up  and "more real" life when they sleep.

#5    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:00 AM

Aries1982 on Mar 4 2008, 01:46 AM, said:

Everything is relative though Vikstar. Does money bring happiness? The general consenses is, no. Many people after winning the lottery admit to life being worse after the lottery winning, so does that downplay luck as well? I think so. As far as beautiful people go, they get more than their fair share of negativity for the way they look. How? Every move they make is closely watched, jealousy is always present, people always want to see these people fail because of the way they look, No matter how sincere and down to earth they are, people have a hard time believing they're real or that they actually care about anything more than themselves. So essentially, Even though it's great to look good, a lot of negativity can follow. As far as being handicapped, it's hard to justify anything when it comes to that. It just seems unfair. However, maybe reincarnation has something to do with it? Maybe our soul chooses a harder more challenging path when we come back to earth, in order to understand and appreciate all that is the human experience? Maybe some people choose to come back handicapped to learn important lessons about life? Maybe people choose to live a harder life, in order to experience all that it is to be human? That's how I like to view those situations... wether i'm right or wrong, to me, It's something I believe.

You made some good points but:

How many people have you seen that after winning the lottery give away all their money or even 20% to people who "really" need it even though their life is worse after winning the lottery. Believe me, I've seen many people in miserable conditions in developing countries - really miserable. Inside they still like it that they have money and they are secure. If you give "Bill Gates" a choice of living on the street, not even that, say take away 50% of his money, would he agree? Never even though he might say that his life is too tensed and too bad with all the money in.

Regarding beautiful people, ill reply to that, sorry gotta go now.

#6    Showgirl

Showgirl

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:11 AM

i cant believe the complete pig headed, bigoted and sexist remarks u make vikstar. ur just typical of the type of person that makes the world as bad a place as u say it is god u make me angry just look at what u've said !!

vikstar on Mar 4 2008, 12:14 AM, said:

have u never heard of disease, genetically inherited disorders, smoking and drug taking during pregnancy, pollution, thalidomide, poverty, mistreatment, abuse, injury, age, infirmity ?

Why are some people more "lucky" than others. Why do some people have so much money while some people barely survive.

prosperity, favouritism, peerness, fortune, willpower, desire, hope, chance, need

And lets admit it, there is a strong bias towards "beautiful". A beautiful "girl or boy" friend makes us so proud in front of our mates while, we don't even bother looking at ugly ones. And in 99% case, if you find a girl or boy good looking, all your mates will feel the same way while nobody talks about "ugly" people.

beauty is what the person sees. 5 hundred years ago beauty was a white face a big wig with lice in it and a fat a***. its ppl like u who have made us have to be thin and tanned with *spam filter* for u to ogle and leer at. u make me sick.

again u guys sit leering at some type of girl when u dont bother to treat all girls witht he same attention this makes a certain type of girl the more favoured. u boys make the problems here that ur talking about. its just u who make the bad luck ur harping on about. grow up and be men instead of boys ur in a playground
u really have no idea of what life is about. u come on here and talk about how life is unfair when its u who is doing all the judging and criticising. u dont know how lucky u are to have girls like us to massage ur egos and tell u ur great an all the rest. just grow up and be adult for a change. look at what ur doing and be sensible.

crissakes.

#7    Aries1982

Aries1982

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:12 AM

Of course he wouldn't give up the money, who would? But rich doesn't = happy.

vikstar on Mar 3 2008, 09:00 PM, said:

You made some good points but:

How many people have you seen that after winning the lottery give away all their money or even 20% to people who "really" need it even though their life is worse after winning the lottery. Believe me, I've seen many people in miserable conditions in developing countries - really miserable. Inside they still like it that they have money and they are secure. If you give "Bill Gates" a choice of living on the street, not even that, say take away 50% of his money, would he agree? Never even though he might say that his life is too tensed and too bad with all the money in.

Regarding beautiful people, ill reply to that, sorry gotta go now.

#8    Aries1982

Aries1982

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:15 AM

anyway, we're getting off topic here. My original post was about the mind, not beautiful and rich people.

#9    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:32 AM

Yup, ill shut off now, but on concluding my argument, my point was some people have more choice at basic level while many other don't.

Showgirl,just one thing. Aren't the girls biased? Don't some girls play with boys as well. Many time I've seen many boys attracted to the same girl. The competition is both ways. In the end sadly the more "attractive" ones from both sides gets more ego fulfilling responses than "not so attractive" ones. My whole argument was this: why is there such unfairness in life.

#10    Showgirl

Showgirl

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

vikstar on Mar 4 2008, 01:32 AM, said:

Showgirl,just one thing. Aren't the girls biased? Don't some girls play with boys as well. Many time I've seen many boys attracted to the same girl. The competition is both ways. In the end sadly the more "attractive" ones from both sides gets more ego fulfilling responses than "not so attractive" ones. My whole argument was this: why is there such unfairness in life.

yes the argument works the same both ways i admit that and i would have ranted off at a girl who said the same things u did. but my post was pertinent to the argument because it refers to the mind of someone like u who really seems to believe that pretty girls deserve more attention than those u call 'not so pretty' or even a girl on crutches !!!

A beautiful "girl or boy" friend makes us so proud in front of our mates

ur creating the world ur complaining about and then moaning that its unfair !! i wonder which category u think ur in. the pretty or the 'not so pretty'

Min

#11    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:59 AM

"yes the argument works the same both ways i admit that and i would have ranted off at a girl who said the same things u did. but my post was pertinent to the argument because it refers to the mind of someone like u who really seems to believe that pretty girls deserve more attention than those u call 'not so pretty' or even a girl on crutches !!!"

No you are getting me wrong. I don't condone that. I never believe or like it that a particular group of people (boys and girls both), with specific traits should get favour over other people and have more friends.

Here an example, I am indian and in India, boys prefer fair girls (light indian girls). Its so crazy over there that there are so many bleaching creams which harm your skin and gives you cancers and sh** but still most "brown" girls use them just so they can get a boyfriend. A fair girl over there would usually have atleast 5 or 6 boys wanting to make her girlfriend but not for the darker girls. These boys would also spend huge amount of money pleasing their "fair" girlfriends, taking on expensive dates and stuff. And it is not same for darker girls and its not fair on them and they suffer inside. Is it their fault they are bit more browner than to the girl next to her: NO.
I have seen many darker girls go desperate cuz of this.

I don't like the above and infact i condemn it, but thats the way it is and thats why I came here to post. All I want to say  theere must be something after life to even out these things. Cuz if life was a one off thing, then these high demand girls and boys would have had a really nice trip but others would have had a nightmare and that to me dosen't look right.

And for the record: No I am not in "pretty ones" and neither do I care but you do feel the frustration every now and then especially if one of your mate starts talking "dude why this guy has so many gfs and I have none". Wish we could control our genes as well.

#12    =Jak=

=Jak=

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,814 posts

• SIMPLICITY

"Avoid hurtful thoughts and bring helpful attitude"

Self sacrifice attitude, kills ego.

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:13 AM

Aries1982 on Mar 4 2008, 06:45 AM, said:

anyway, we're getting off topic here. My original post was about the mind, not beautiful and rich people.

No he was not out of topic..  i may say he is more and right to topic.. the mind of these people, the way they think of others beauty or richness.. and they get jealous.. create a negative vibration to those peoples life..  sudden change in mind level after getting rich by lottery... unable to control the mind as same as before... falling in bad habbits.. more n more..  like quantum physic.. what exactly a observer is doing there..  making changes in others life!!!!

Edited by =Jak=, 05 March 2008 - 01:14 PM.

Manasumoya

#13    Aries1982

Aries1982

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:27 AM

I said that to stop the argument that was happening.

=Jak= on Mar 4 2008, 10:13 PM, said:

No he was not out of topic..  i may say he is more and right to topic.. the mind of these people, they way think of the other beautiful or rich.. get jealous.. create a negative vibration to their life..  sudden change in mind level after getting rich by lottery... unable to control the mind as same as before... falling in bad habbits.. more n more..  like quantum physic.. what exactly a observer is doing there..  making changes in others life!!!!

#14    Stephbut

Stephbut

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:32 AM

I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading this response

#15    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:35 AM

Yeah, I'm finding it difficult distinguishing between what the mind does and what goes on in reality.  Finding the equilbrium between the two is ellusive.  At times like these I want to go join a monk school and fully become one with myself via meditation or something along those lines.  Maybe control of what you're trying to figure out is the first step.

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users