Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gun-toting man forces DJ to play album

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 01:04 PM

PORTO ALEGRE, Brazil (Reuters) - A gun-toting musician forced a southern Brazilian radio station to play his debut album for more than an hour after apparently having no luck opening the doors of show business, the man's father has said.

Marcus Vinicius dos Santos, 27, the vocalist for the rock group ACC -- a Portuguese acronym for "Beyond the Grey Sky" -- stormed disc jockey Marcio Paz's booth at Atlantida FM in the city of Porto Alegre and forced him to play his album "Phases of Life."

"He is a quiet boy," his father, Getulio dos Santos, told Reuters on Wednesday. "I'm surprised by what happened."

The five-member band portrays itself on its Web site
http://www.accpop.com as futuristic superheroes living in a post-apocalyptic world. Vinicius dos Santos goes by the name "Cram" and wears Alice Cooper-style black eye makeup.

The episode was reminiscent of the 1994 Hollywood movie "Airheads," in which dimwitted members of a rock band, fed up with rejection from music industry executives, take matters into their own hands and hijack a radio station to air their songs.

The Brazilian incident ended after about 70 minutes when Vinicius dos Santos surrendered to police, who had evacuated the building. Nobody was injured in the incident and Paz later informed listeners where they could buy the band's album

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 10:32 AM

As far as I'm concerned, I would force them to stop playing Celine Dion and many others... ;D

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#3    Test_Bear

Test_Bear

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 09:36 PM

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

"If I laugh at any human thing 'tis so I do not weep."     -Lord Byron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users