Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A test for APers/RVers.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61    MarkSteven

MarkSteven

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:11 PM

ok

Warning:
anything that i say is based on my personal feeling of the topic at hand.
my opinion is mine and i'll try to be clear and to the point. i may be wrong, but that's my opinion.

This forum is called Unexplained-Mysteries, however some people think it should be called "Everything is provable with science"

check this - http://www.astralvoyage.com

#62    rassy

rassy

Stealth Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

• perception is not my reality

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:22 AM

MarkSteven on Mar 12 2008, 03:00 PM, said:

ok, you're right,

but i would also like to see who can make a correct guess, based on the limited information given. a general location and a general photo of the location, i was guessing that you would have placed your item in more of a specific area, i guess i'm wrong.

I still don't understand why you think this test is vague, or the information limited. Vimy Ridge is a specific place and it's really not very large. As far as I can trell, the information given isn't very limited, either.  I look at it this way, which is why I asked near the beginning of this thread, if I can travel all the way out there and physically wander around and have a good look, I will be able to find these items relatively easily, espcially since they're obviously items that aren't part of Vimy Ridge. Since it's a monument, then I assume if I come across...oh, say, a bobblehead toy, set behind a tree, for example...that may be one of the items left by the OP. Since he said there are serveral items, I would look around some more and if I find some items, one of them is bound to be something he left behind. Of course, I would tell him all the out of place items I found, instead of just one, because it could very well be someone may have dropped something over there. That would rule out the off chance I came across something someone else left behind, perhaps accidently. But I am talking about me physically going there.

There are certain people, perhaps not yourself, who claim they can do just that, travel anywhere, but mentally...either via remote viewing, or astro projecting. Those people should have no problem just going to Vimy Ridge and having a look around, using the information given, in the same way one could physically do it. I personally do not have any problem with AtheistGod's request - if I can go out there and physically do it, then there is enough information given and it has been given very specifically; not vague at all. I'm fairly sure that AtheistGod's test is for the people who claim they can just go and do this, but mentally.

MarkSteven, if I told you there was something hanging on my wall in the same room as my computer, with only one computer in the house and only one thing on any wall in the room, and gave you my address, or specific location so you could definitely find the place - would you be able to claim that you can mentally travel through my house, find the room and see what's in it? If so, then AtheistGod's test should be just as simple. except it's a bit of a larger area to search, but far from being ridiculously hard. If you would need more information, with my example, then this test is not geared towards you.  

AtheistGod, I hope I portayed all the correctly. Please cerrect me if I said something wrong. Also, I assume you will be sharing the results with us, when you deem the time is right. But I assume that if people are to PM you with an answer, then that doesn't necessarily mean they would post on this thread as well. Can you let us know if you've gotten any serious PMs and if you've gotten many, and perhaps any other information you might like to share about how it's going....if that's ok with you? Thanks original.gif

Check out my new Website!

Posted Image

#63    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:38 AM

AtheistGod, I hope I portayed all the correctly. Please cerrect me if I said something wrong. Also, I assume you will be sharing the results with us, when you deem the time is right. But I assume that if people are to PM you with an answer, then that doesn't necessarily mean they would post on this thread as well. Can you let us know if you've gotten any serious PMs and if you've gotten many, and perhaps any other information you might like to share about how it's going....if that's ok with you? Thanks original.gif

Things are going pretty well I have received by far the most responses in the last couple of days.

I am now up to 6 responses.

I will indeed reveal all the answers when I feel this test has run it's course and naturally a report to go along with the final results and likely another test for those who got it right to further rule out the probability of chance and continue from there.

This is by no means a controlled study although I have tried to counter cheating and guessing as much as possible... I think me and the other skeptics here after this should design tests similar to this to test other abilities as well.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#64    MarkSteven

MarkSteven

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

i have not been there, yet. all i was trying to do is gather as much information about the site before i try. since he has disqualified me i will make the trip anyhow and take notes of everything i find, i am not proficient. the farthest that i have traveled is a couple blocks from my house, spending a lot of time in the dream plane, so finding out as much as i can seemed like a good idea. you don't plan a trip without knowing where you want to go, do you? leaving ones self can be an overwhelming experience and i can see why people have trouble, many distractions can bring you right back so having a plan or a strong focus of where you are going is a must, at least for me.

Warning:
my opinion is mine and i'll try to be clear and to the point. i may be wrong, but that's my opinion.

This forum is called Unexplained-Mysteries, however some people think it should be called "Everything is provable with science"

#65    rassy

rassy

Stealth Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

• perception is not my reality

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:52 AM

MarkSteven on Mar 13 2008, 09:49 AM, said:

i have not been there, yet. all i was trying to do is gather as much information about the site before i try. since he has disqualified me i will make the trip anyhow and take notes of everything i find, i am not proficient. the farthest that i have traveled is a couple blocks from my house, spending a lot of time in the dream plane, so finding out as much as i can seemed like a good idea. you don't plan a trip without knowing where you want to go, do you? leaving ones self can be an overwhelming experience and i can see why people have trouble, many distractions can bring you right back so having a plan or a strong focus of where you are going is a must, at least for me.

Ahh, see, there you go. You're very serious about your endeavours, you want to be able to research the information you need to accomplish your goal, you have certain techniques and most importantly (for this thread) you're not making any wild claims that seem unbelievable. The fact that you mentioned you're not very proficient and you've only managed to travel a few blocks so far speak volumnes - you're honest and being realistic about it. Because of that, people would tend to take you more seriously and respect the fact that you're making a real effort to accomplish something you believe can be done.

However, there are people who do claim to be able to just travel anywhere they like, whenever they want, assumedly without much effort. I've seen these claims from time to time and I don't believe those. Most people do not take these sorts of claims seriously at all. With all the effort you put into making some serious progress, and knowing how hard it is even to accomplish as much as you have, would you believe anyone who claims they can just do it, and a hell of alot better than you? I assume you'd probably want them to prove it, if it was so easy. In which case, the OP has provided enough information to go on. This experiment is for those people. Those are extraordinary claims and for that, one would want extraordinary proof.

(edited for typos)

Edited by rassy, 14 March 2008 - 03:54 AM.

Check out my new Website!

Posted Image

#66    MarkSteven

MarkSteven

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

there is an issue with ap that people do not understand, your imagination will take over if you are not in focus, like a daydream, if you are not in control then any random thing could and will happen. for the most part, you would be just brought back and wake up. much of it is no different then a dream so being aware of it can make you have a lucid experience where you can not tell if it's a dream or not.

i look for the things that people don't tell you, the things that happen will seem very real.

so entering a dream of the real world will not give good results. having focus and determination will. as you may have seen, i am very high strung lol. it takes me a lot to relax, so when i do i like to know everything, every thought, feeling and emotion.

keeping that focus is not easy for me. when i start to explore, i check out as much as i can, like if you were to take a walk in the woods. what do you see? the path, the walking experience maybe. i think of that and anything that i come across, what the trees look like, do they move with the wind, is there wind. how the leaves are reacting with the wind, are there animals in the area, if so what types. the sky, is there clouds, how many, the color of the sky the clouds. what i'm walking on, be it grass, dirt or pavement. is there anything on the ground, sky, in front of me, behind me or all around.

this is only the first few steps of my walk, my surroundings are very important to me.

Warning:

#67    Johnny Truant

Johnny Truant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

• Land, take me, where I cannot stand; I don't care, I'm still.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:00 PM

MarkSteven on Mar 14 2008, 06:44 AM, said:

there is an issue with ap that people do not understand, your imagination will take over if you are not in focus, like a daydream, if you are not in control then any random thing could and will happen. for the most part, you would be just brought back and wake up. much of it is no different then a dream so being aware of it can make you have a lucid experience where you can not tell if it's a dream or not.

That's why remote viewing is more reliable than astral projection.

You Create Your Own Reality
Feeling eternal, all this pain is an illusion.
"What? You didn't bring bread? Nobody brought any bread at all?! Do you guys not understand that this is going to be the LAST TIME I EVER HAVE DINNER?"  -Jesus

#68    MarkSteven

MarkSteven

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

i've read that rv is easier then ap, i haven't been able to rv

Warning:

#69    Foongus

Foongus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 170 posts

• It's not who you are underneath; it's what you do that defines you.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:48 AM

I dont wanna sound like a noob or anything, (even though I will), but How exactly do you RV? Do you have to focus on the place? Im at loss what this is exactly about, if anyone would care to explain it to me. Thanks.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users