Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I created a new world religion

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#121    FiveFig

FiveFig

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

Irish on Mar 19 2008, 12:47 PM, said:

No malice was intended just like Ironghost I enjoy a good verbal debate thumbsup.gif

I will give him extra kudos for bringing three new members out of the woodwork. And to those new members welcome to your new addiction grin2.gif

Irish

this ^ original.gif

#122    Mbyte

Mbyte

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

• Your scepticism disturbs me

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

IronGhost on Mar 19 2008, 06:27 PM, said:

Well, first hello to you FiveFig and welcome to you, and I thank you for these comments and questions, and I have no problem answering them.

To answer your question, and once again, I have deceived absolutely no one -- neither the readers of UM with this article, nor the members of the religion I created.

Look, I stated right up toward the top of the article that I would write this, but that I would also never reveal the name of this religion.  I told all readers right up front that this would be the way  -- this would be the terms -- under which this articel would be written.

In effect, by including this statement I entered into an agreement with all readers here outlining the conditions under which this article would be written.

All readers, then, made a tacit agreement with me that they would read my column -- and that there would be no "reveal."

If I backed down from that now from that, then I in effect would be dishonest, right?

I mean, think about it -- if after all this "teasing" let's say I blow the lid off the whole thing.  What would be the consequences, other than I would have violated my legal obligations?

As soon as I revealed the name of the religion -- guess what -- a bunch of people here would then start accusing me of manipualting them -- they would say that I just pulled off a big PR stunt -- TO GAIN PUBLICITY FOR MY NEW RELIGION!

Someone would post something like this:

Ken Korczak is obviously a manipulative liar.  First, he said that he would, under no circumstances reveal the name of the new religion he created.  Then, the manipulative Mr. Korczak went back on his promise and revealed the name of the religion anyway -- after teasing us all through 10-pages of thread!  This was obviously some cheap and crass PR stunt to get everyone as interested as possible in his new religion, and then spring it all on us.  He would be hoping this PR stunt would create a great buzz, and gain untold amounts of free publicity for his new religion!  Ken Korczak, you are a manipulative liar!!

Am I not right about this, Five?

So, to sum up:

A.  I will never reveal the name of the religion I created because I would violate a legal contract, and I would be sued.

B.  I designed my religion to that it would never have a central figurehead, or any other kind of originator or leader. Therefore, I will remain completely in the background.

C. If I revealed the name of my religion now, I would be dishonestly breaking my tacit agreement with all of you, the readers of UM, whom I promised not to reveal the name of my new religion to.

Five -- I'll speak to some of your other statements in a bit -- I need to step out, go for a walk with my dog, and drink a Diet Coke.

I'll answer some others here as a well.

Well you are very keen to not get involved in the religion your created religion which isen't deceptive and is seemingly lawful and moral.

Well if a person is looking for the truth and starts practicing your relgion thinking it's the truth then are you not deceiving them? You said that it's all bullsh**.

It's like telling someone that people can actually fly and this guy believes you and tries to fly and wonders why it isen't working.

There are some inconsistencies to the article. Do the practitioners know the religion is bullsh**? Do they know effect c is bullsh**? IF they know it's bullsh** and you know it's bullsh** then it's not deceiving. You know it's bullsh** and they think it's real then that is deceiving. To say your not deceiving is bull. People want to know the truth they may know false truths but never the less people seek the truth. It feels bad when your deceived. You go to a yoga instructer to learn yoga and find out that the yoga instructer is in fact a fraud and was just making everyone do a slower version of the YMCA. You feel like a fool. I can't understand how you can defend your religion which you know is bullsh**. Well it doesn't matter what the relgion entails. What matters is the you said the religion is bullsh** and the people have no idea wether to believe it or not. If people follow it then the obviously think it is real thus your are deceving because the religion is bull. How can you beleive something that is bull. The bullsh** is hidden from the practitioners. Is the practice of the religion not bull? but the gathering of information for the relgion is bull? So there is some truth to the religion??

Another thing, what are the exact terms of this contract? Does it state that you cannot tell yus the name or you can't reveal it to anyone. I'm sure you can tongue twist your way around it and tell us without telling us. You did say that you don't want to be associated with the religion because of the fame it may bring upon you. Thats understandable. I feel that If that was really the reason then you wouldn't have made an article telling everyone how you created a religion. All anyone has to do now is put one and one together. Also as you stated a lot of people are reading your article. Shouldn't you be a bit concerned???

When I typed in inconsistencies in google to get the proper spelling and looked at the search results for the proper spelt word inconsistencies. The first link is "Bible Inconsistencies: Bible Contradictions?"

Funny, no?

Edited by Mbyte, 19 March 2008 - 07:39 PM.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

#123    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,442 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

[quote name='FiveFig' date='Mar 19 2008, 06:44 PM' post='2204104']
This made me laugh. You really need to read up on contract law.  (FYI: You might want to review your NDA <if it exists> and read it well.  I would place money on it that making this thread and posting even simple tenants about this 'religion' is a breech of the NDA.  That being said, if you have already breeched the NDA...

Certaintly, I am no expert on contract law.  

However, I will say that I am extremely learned on legal confidentiality agreeements, because I have been entering into them for about 20 years.

You see, the majority of my earnings come from ghostwriting books for other people.  Over the past two decades, I have signed countless confidentiality agreements, and have seen many permutations thereof. You might say I have been rigorously tested over the past 20 years about just what I can say, and what I cannot say.

So let me assure you, FiveFig, I know for a dead solid fact I have not breeched my contract with the article I published here. This is how I make my living after all.  So you can put your mind at ease as to the issue of my contractual obligations -- I lose sleep at night over them -- and I wouldn't have pubished this article so lightly.

And this brings up another point:

The vast majority of my clients are business millionaires and the occasional celebrity.  If you hang around these kind of people long enough, you learn something:  Big Money and Celebrity is like an exlusive club.  There are a lot of connections -- and this network is very global in nature.

That's why it was not at all surpirsing to me when some wealthy Europeans/Americans contacted me with this job or creating a new religion.  Somebody gave somebody my name, most likely. One meets a lot of characters like these in this business.

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

#124    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:56 AM

Daughter of the Nine Moons on Mar 19 2008, 04:04 PM, said:

I thoroughly enjoyed this article however I have to admit my head was completely spinning by the time I reached the end. For whatever it's worth, I do not believe that you have it in you to hurt others.

I agree. I don't think you even created a new religion. I beleive you're attempting to prompt the reader into questiong their own religion; obstensibly, it is working...just look at the many posts in this thread that claim it may be this religion or that religion.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

#125    MUM24/7

MUM24/7

All Words And No Action !!

• 2,041 posts

• When I'm hungry, I EAT

When I'm thirsty, I DRINK

When my coffee is strong, I ADD sugar

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

laugh.gif  grin2.gif  laugh.gif  grin2.gif  laugh.gif  grin2.gif

IronGhost, it's nearly 2:00am here and after another busy and stressful day running after my 5 kids, I needed a quick pick-me-up before I went to bed....

I logged on to UM and thought I haven't got much time, so I needed to find the funniest thread on UM at the moment......And yours did the job..... thumbsup.gif

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence,

Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race....

#126    crtDzyn

crtDzyn

Bills Sabres Buffalo

• 4,222 posts

• Get to da choppa

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

My sense of humor must be way off...?

Posted Image

#127    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,442 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

MUM24/7 on Mar 20 2008, 02:59 PM, said:

laugh.gif  grin2.gif  laugh.gif  grin2.gif  laugh.gif  grin2.gif

IronGhost, it's nearly 2:00am here and after another busy and stressful day running after my 5 kids, I needed a quick pick-me-up before I went to bed....

I logged on to UM and thought I haven't got much time, so I needed to find the funniest thread on UM at the moment......And yours did the job..... thumbsup.gif

Super good!  At all times with my involvement with this project, there was a constant element of humor and irony that was inescapable.  I was really hoping I could make that come across in th story.  I'm glad I succeeded with one person.  Not sure if you are laughing at me, or with me, or in derision -- whatever the case -- it's all good.

You have five ids?  That's heroic.  I have no children of my own, but I come from a family of five children.

Not sure if you are the mom or the dad -- but either way -- I have an inkling of the challenges you must face on a daily basis.  Good luck and thanks for your note.

#128    crtDzyn

crtDzyn

Bills Sabres Buffalo

• 4,222 posts

• Get to da choppa

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:51 PM

IronGhost on Mar 20 2008, 11:13 AM, said:

Not sure if you are the mom or the dad

Yeah no hints on that one... rolleyes.gif

Posted Image

#129    wilkenator

wilkenator

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

Who cares,religions are man made and riddled with hypocrisy anyway. They paid you way to much even if i did believe you, which
I don't.

#130    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,839 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

Last five posts removed

Could those involved please take the matter up in private.

Thank you.

#131    vcloc

vcloc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:53 AM

[quote name='IronGhost' date='Mar 19 2008, 09:13 PM' post='2204351']
[quote name='FiveFig' date='Mar 19 2008, 06:44 PM' post='2204104']
This made me laugh. You really need to read up on contract law.  (FYI: You might want to review your NDA <if it exists> and read it well.  I would place money on it that making this thread and posting even simple tenants about this 'religion' is a breech of the NDA.  That being said, if you have already breeched the NDA...

Certaintly, I am no expert on contract law.  

However, I will say that I am extremely learned on legal confidentiality agreeements, because I have been entering into them for about 20 years.

You see, the majority of my earnings come from ghostwriting books for other people.  Over the past two decades, I have signed countless confidentiality agreements, and have seen many permutations thereof. You might say I have been rigorously tested over the past 20 years about just what I can say, and what I cannot say.

So let me assure you, FiveFig, I know for a dead solid fact I have not breeched my contract with the article I published here. This is how I make my living after all.  So you can put your mind at ease as to the issue of my contractual obligations -- I lose sleep at night over them -- and I wouldn't have pubished this article so lightly.

And this brings up another point:

The vast majority of my clients are business millionaires and the occasional celebrity.  If you hang around these kind of people long enough, you learn something:  Big Money and Celebrity is like an exlusive club.  There are a lot of connections -- and this network is very global in nature.

That's why it was not at all surpirsing to me when some wealthy Europeans/Americans contacted me with this job or creating a new religion.  Somebody gave somebody my name, most likely. One meets a lot of characters like these in this business.

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
The number of opening and closing quote tags does not match. Please fix this to submit your post.

When I read the article I almost stopped because it contradicted itself in every paragraph almost. You try so hard to make out you did nothing wrong, that you are ethical and have integrity when all your actions surrounding this are the most unethical of all. Whether this is true or not it applies. I agree with Irish, you have been deceptive and this always harms from the start! It is why the world is corrupt and perverted as it is, people like you think they do good when they do bad and make up stupid claims on how they did nothing wrong. People's actions are looked upon not the person, but what they do to others and the affects of that. Even if the religion was well balanced and all good - there is no way to guarantee how it would develop or be modified or manipulated in the future. So what has been done is totally unethical - even if it did not happen and all this is a fictional story. And you know it but make excuses up for your conscience or just because you did it. What else would you do for money? Anyway the European theme gave it all away as what you meant by it all. European rich elite....haha. Yes these people are surely ethical, right. Just as ethical as you - that is why they hire you I am sure.

And as Irish said. Even war criminals  (and Nazi scientists that have no regrets - recruited and employed by your government) think and believe they are ethical or are doing good, I am sure they know they do good too. No attack on you but the actions of yours.

Edited by vcloc, 24 March 2008 - 02:26 PM.

#132    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

If one researches the etymology of the word "evil" s/he discover the root of "evil" is deception.  

Deception is: misrepresentation: a misleading falsehood; the act of deceiving; the manipulation of perception to alter thoughts and feelings through lies and cleverness.

What were the intentions of the creator of this new religion (though I don't believe he did actually did this - see my earlier post)?

#133    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,442 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

vcloc on Mar 24 2008, 04:53 AM, said:

When I read the article I almost stopped because it contradicted itself in every paragraph almost. You try so hard to make out you did nothing wrong, that you are ethical and have integrity when all your actions surrounding this are the most unethical of all. Whether this is true or not it applies. I agree with Irish, you have been deceptive and this always harms from the start! It is why the world is corrupt and perverted as it is, people like you think they do good when they do bad and make up stupid claims on how they did nothing wrong. People's actions are looked upon not the person, but what they do to others and the affects of that. Even if the religion was well balanced and all good - there is no way to guarantee how it would develop or be modified or manipulated in the future. So what has been done is totally unethical - even if it did not happen and all this is a fictional story. And you know it but make excuses up for your conscience or just because you did it. What else would you do for money? Anyway the European theme gave it all away as what you meant by it all. European rich elite....haha. Yes these people are surely ethical, right. Just as ethical as you - that is why they hire you I am sure.

And as Irish said. Even war criminals  (and Nazi scientists that have no regrets - recruited and employed by your government) think and believe they are ethical or are doing good, I am sure they know they do good too. No attack on you but the actions of yours.

These comments are so profoundly absurd and wrong on so many levels, it's breathtaking.

It's amazing how confused so many people are on the subject of religion.

Listen:  Since the beginning of humanity literaly millions of "new religions" have come and gone.  The vast majority of all religions on the planet have long since become extinct and faded from memory.  Did many of them result in "evil"? or in the misleading of large tracts of human populations?  The answer is clearly yes.

The Catholic Church, for example, through it's famous "Inquisition" literally murdered millions of people -- they burned Jews and other "heretics" alive at the stake.  They sent vast armies to the mideast to kill and subjugate millions of Muslims.  When the Inquisition came to the New World, the result was the killing of an uncounted number of Native Americans, all in the name of the Church.  Christian missionaries worked very hard to stamp out the native religions of the indigenous people -- they forbid the practices that existed in the Americas, and even forbid these people to speak their native languages.

The Catholic Inquisition also tried to supress the truth of science -- they placed Galileo under house arrest, and told them they would kill him if he continued to speak the truth about the nature of the solar system.  They burned alive the philosopher Giordano Bruno for much the same reasons.

Today we see a radical group of Muslims raging around the world and killing people -- even fellow Muslims -- for not believing in all the "right things" that they believe it.

Muslims are killing Jews -- Jews are killing Muslims.  In the former Yugoslavia, Christians and Muslims were at each other's throats to such a vicisous degree, the United States had to bomb them to get them to stop killing each other.

In Sri Lanka, Muslims are killing Hindus, and Hindus are killing Muslims.  It's gotten so bad there, even the peaceful Buddhists are being drawn into the violence.

I could go on for endless pages about the murderous outrages and insanities being fueled by most of today's mainstream "respected" religions.

Yet -- with all this going on -- there are people here who would actually compare "little old me" to the Nazis, or suggest my new religion is similar to the creation of the atomic bomb, and say that I am "unethical."

Let me tell you something people -- even if I tried, it would be difficult for me to unleash the evil upon the world we are already getting from all of today's so-called "legitimate" religions" "respected" religions.

If you want to charge someone with a lack of ethics, forget me, and start with the above.

That's my first point.

My next point is this:

All those who adopt my new religion will do so by their own free will, and by making their own choice -- including the choice to reject my religion if they want to.

Can the same be said of the vast majority of people today who belong to existing religions?  The answer is clearly "No!"

Very few of today's religions offer the same freedom of choice and thought that my religion offers.

As the great astronomer Carl Sagan said:  "Most people today inherit their religion the same way they inherited their eye color -- from their parents."

The fact is, almost no one today was initially given a choice about what their own religious beiefs would be.  The vast majority of us were "brainwashed" from the time we were children to believe the religion we were born into is the "only One and True Way." We were also brainwashed into beleiving that "the guy over there in that other church or temple" is on the wrong path, may be going to hell, and may even be dangerous.

None of this can happen in my new religion.  It's just one more way that the new religion I created is vastly superior to many of today's respected, mainstream religions.

My third point is this:

The human race is a species that cannot help but to constantly create and innovate new religions -- to be a human being is to struggle and confront the concept of religion.  Some scientists even think they have identified a specific gene that actually requires human beings to invent, innovate and practice religions of all kinds.  It seems to be something that has evolved into our basic nature.

Indeed, there is evidence that even animals practice religion -- chimpanzees, for example, have been observed practicing strange rituals that have religious qualities -- and we know that elephants bring the bones of their dead to elephant grave yards, where the bones are arranged in ritualisitc patterns -- elephants have also been observed to practice strange rituals over their recently dead.

We know that the extinct Neanderthal man practiced some kind of religion, based on the way they buried their dead.  

I'm wondering if that lonely Neanderthal man who was most responsible for creating the tenets of the Neanderthal religion was called an "unethical" cave man the way I am being called "unethical" merely for working at the task of creating a new, better religion, like millions of human beings have done over the millennia?

I wonder if that first chimpanzee who started dancing in front of a waterfall was considered to be "unethical" by his fellow chimps?

What about Martin Luther?  He created a new religion -- and now it has splintered into 25,000 different sects. Was he "unethical?"

What about Joseph Smith? -- he created a new religion claiming that an angel gave him golden tablets only he and a few other people saw -- and these golden tablets conveniently disapeared after Smith apparently got out a pencil and some paper and wrote everything down.

Today the Mormons are among the most respected mainstream religions in the world.  Even Donny and Marie Osmand are Mormons.  Everybody loves Donny and Marie -- and they follow a religion created by a man named Joseph Smith -- a man who was later murdered by a mob.

What about the Moonies?

What about the Hari Krishnas?

What about the folowers of the late Maharishi Mahesh yogi and his TM movement?

What about the followers of Falun Gong?

What about the folowers of Eckankar?

What about the followers of Wicca?

What about the followers of Astara, the occult fraternity establied in 1951 by Earlyne Chaney?

What about the Raelians?

What about the Aquarian Foundation?

What about the Rosicrucians?

What about the Scientologists?

What about the Fellowship of Healing Light founded by Paul Soloman?

What about the URANTIA Brotherhood?

Easily, I could go on for pages naming the new religion created just in the past 2-3 decades.

If you think it's horrible that I created a new religion -- then there's thousands of other for you to worry about as well, so I suggest you get started.

The moral of the story of this:

For anyone hear to declare their moral superiority over me and to denounce what I did as unethical is clearly a person who has never given deep thought about what it is to be a human being, what religion truly is, and how millions of religions have played across the human stage for tens of thousands of years.

Many people are are thinking this way:  "I did not create a new religion.  Therefore, I am not unethical like Ken Korczak, and therefore I can point my finger at Ken and judge him as less moral than I or others."

Well, anyone who is thinking that is full of crap because the vast majority of you already belong to some religious belief that has it's origin in the mind of some human being somewhere -- and the vast majority of you were brainwashed into your current beief system -- unlike the members of my new religion.

Unlike the members of my new religion -- most of you were blindly, and mindlessly absorbed into your belief system by your society and your culture, and the indoctrination of your parents -- who in turn were indoctrinated by their parents, off into infinity.

I am not better than you or morally superior to you -- just as  I am not less ethical than you merely for the fact that I created a new religion and was paid for it -- because ALL religious leaders, founders and promulgators are paid for their work in their respective religions, doing whatever they do.

I beg of all of you -- think more deeply about this -- instead of popping off with emotional reactions based on some blurry concepts of ethics as they relate to religion.

Again -- I don't care if you love me, hate me, believe my story, or don't believe my story -- none of that effects me at all or changes my life in any way-- but whatever you do -- think more deeply about what it means to be a human being, to have a religion as a human being -- and where you came from, and where your own religion came from.

#134    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:27 AM

I don't hate you and actually think you're a good person.  I think many are surprisingly upset that such an educated, intelligent, and caring person such as yourself could resort to deception for monetary gain.  Maybe they fear if you could fall for worshipping mammon, maybe they could too?!

#135    Mbyte

Mbyte

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

• Your scepticism disturbs me

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:04 PM

So you are comparing your religion to christianity and the inquisition?

You're saying other religions are decieving but your's isen't despite it being created through the same means as the others (you claim other religions were created by such means). It's like your blurring all religions together so it doesn't seem that there is nothing wrong with your religion.

IronGhost on Mar 24 2008, 04:51 PM, said:

All those who adopt my new religion will do so by their own free will, and by making their own choice -- including the choice to reject my religion if they want to.

They don't realise that your religion is a load of crap. That is decieving!! You lead someone on to believe one thing when your intentions are much different. What I see from the quote above and your first point combined is that your trying to justfy the creation of your religion as non deceivng by saying all religions are deceiving.

If you think it's horrible that I created a new religion -- then there's thousands of other for you to worry about as well, so I suggest you get started.

You're practically saying "Well whats the big deal my religion isen't as bad as the others, It's still bull but it's not evil"

For anyone hear to declare their moral superiority over me and to denounce what I did as unethical is clearly a person who has never given deep thought about what it is to be a human being, what religion truly is, and how millions of religions have played across the human stage for tens of thousands of years.

What is a human being then? I have spent years thinking about it and I'm still clueless. Are we merely materialistic psycological mazes or are we spiritual beings.

I beg of all of you -- think more deeply about this -- instead of popping off with emotional reactions based on some blurry concepts of ethics as they relate to religion.

What is your definition of ethical? From what I can see I don't think you know what is evil and what is not.

Again -- I don't care if you love me, hate me, believe my story, or don't believe my story -- none of that effects me at all or changes my life in any way--but whatever you do -- think more deeply about what it means to be a human being, to have a religion as a human being -- and where you came from, and where your own religion came from.

If it doesn't effect you then why do you reply?

What religion truely is? From what I can conclude from what I have read in your post is that all religions are deceiving. What you seem to suggest is that all religions are bull so it doesn't matter if you create one. You compare to "evil" examples but never to "good" examples. You debate with everything without stating what your ethics are, without stating what you mean or explaining why your religionis ethical. It's hard to know if your twisting your words because you could mean anything.

Well obviously you know something we don't and you haven't attempted to explain it. You haven't explained very well because if you had we would be aggreeing with you and not debating. It would connect up logically with us and what your saying isen't. Due to the blurryness of your ethics.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users