Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I created a new world religion

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#166    Amarali2012

Amarali2012

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

IronGhost on Jul 1 2008, 12:01 PM, said:

Thanks for your comments, Amarali.  

For the record, and lest there's any confusion -- I did not create Solara.

Another thing:  When you examine most major mainstream religions today, how may of them are "fact based"?  In fact, none of them are.  This does not seem to bother the billions of people who belong to these religions and live their lives by them.

But even if any particular religion was genuinely "fact based" -- this would be of little value.  Ironically, a religion based on "facts" is no better or worse than a religion based on fantasy.

If you think about this for a while -- you'll see it's true.

The religion I created is not necessarily fact based -- nor does it avoid certain "facts" -- such as they are.  The idea of whether something is "true" or "false" is irrelevant in the religion I created.

*Laughing* No, no, I was not suggesting that you did create "Solara." However, I was pointing out the fact That while my own beliefs are just that, my own, someone else has a very similiar idea. Even though no one in my circle seeks to "recruit", or spread our beliefs, and even though we are for the most part "un-known" and un-heard of, someone else believes. Someone who is un-affiliated, living a world away, and thus does not know anyone in my circle. Just another example, a PERSONAL ACCOUNT to back you with, of how religions are "created" unintentionally. I have lived by "my ways" for over fifteen years after believing in nothing. "Solara and the Nvisible" just emerged roughly five years ago. And I will add I did discover my beliefs for my self. Each one individually. Through my own life experiences, I compiled a "guide" for how I, as an INDIVIDUAL, should live. I already knew of most of the points you touched, but you HAVE enlightened me further. Thank you for giving me something interesting to think about. The only thing that really matters in the ends is if a person; any person, spirtual or not, is living a full, happy and healthy life, and not harming those around him/her.

#167    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,430 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

Amarali2012 on Jul 7 2008, 08:28 AM, said:

*Laughing* No, no, I was not suggesting that you did create "Solara." However, I was pointing out the fact That while my own beliefs are just that, my own, someone else has a very similiar idea. Even though no one in my circle seeks to "recruit", or spread our beliefs, and even though we are for the most part "un-known" and un-heard of, someone else believes. Someone who is un-affiliated, living a world away, and thus does not know anyone in my circle. Just another example, a PERSONAL ACCOUNT to back you with, of how religions are "created" unintentionally. I have lived by "my ways" for over fifteen years after believing in nothing. "Solara and the Nvisible" just emerged roughly five years ago. And I will add I did discover my beliefs for my self. Each one individually. Through my own life experiences, I compiled a "guide" for how I, as an INDIVIDUAL, should live. I already knew of most of the points you touched, but you HAVE enlightened me further. Thank you for giving me something interesting to think about. The only thing that really matters in the ends is if a person; any person, spirtual or not, is living a full, happy and healthy life, and not harming those around him/her.

Yes, all of your points are very well taken, Amarali. If everyone on the world had your view and outlook, there would be far less problems in the world, indeed.

I think it's true that many religions start "by accident" as you say -- it's probably even more true that the vast majority of people find themselves a member of a particular religion through no real effort of their own - they are born into it, inherit it, or just sort of drift into certain belief systems without any real knowledge of how they got to be where they are.  This is what probably causes so many problems in the world -- people are basicaly sleep-walking and stumbling into belief systems, which they then began to defend, and they don't even know what they are really defending, or even realize how they got into what they are into in the first place.

I put a lot of thought into this when I was developing y new belief system.  I wanted every member to be not only 100% free of any baggage but I also wanted them to go into whatever situation tey went into with a vivid "seeing" of everything they were doing, and also, providing the ability to never get stuck or hardened in any particular philosophy or practice -- it's a sort of perpetual unfolding and a kind of freedom at all times -- I did not want members of my religion to be like those insects that get stuck in amber -- or drown in a dollop of honey they started eating because it was so sweet and wonderful, only to end up drowning in the sweetness.

There is a saying:  "Those who have found a true wellspring of knowledge will have no need to drown everyone else in it."

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

#168    Amarali2012

Amarali2012

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

IronGhost on Jul 7 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

Yes, all of your points are very well taken, Amarali. If everyone on the world had your view and outlook, there would be far less problems in the world, indeed.

I think it's true that many religions start "by accident" as you say -- it's probably even more true that the vast majority of people find themselves a member of a particular religion through no real effort of their own - they are born into it, inherit it, or just sort of drift into certain belief systems without any real knowledge of how they got to be where they are.  This is what probably causes so many problems in the world -- people are basicaly sleep-walking and stumbling into belief systems, which they then began to defend, and they don't even know what they are really defending, or even realize how they got into what they are into in the first place.

I put a lot of thought into this when I was developing y new belief system.  I wanted every member to be not only 100% free of any baggage but I also wanted them to go into whatever situation tey went into with a vivid "seeing" of everything they were doing, and also, providing the ability to never get stuck or hardened in any particular philosophy or practice -- it's a sort of perpetual unfolding and a kind of freedom at all times -- I did not want members of my religion to be like those insects that get stuck in amber -- or drown in a dollop of honey they started eating because it was so sweet and wonderful, only to end up drowning in the sweetness.

There is a saying:  "Those who have found a true wellspring of knowledge will have no need to drown everyone else in it."

"You can lead a horse to water...." People usually only believe what they "know" to be true, "facts". "Seeing is believing", so of course we will believe something we discovered on our own. Let the truth find you as you say. A lot of us believe by "blind" faith alone. I cannot agree more that we ALL should should question at least a handful of the "facts" we believe and live by. But for many, as in the reference I made to the blue banana, "BELIEVING is SEEING".

#169    The Future Is Now

The Future Is Now

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• The Future Is Now The Future is Happening So I Won't Check Out

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

Hi,

I am brand new to this site and this thread which seems to have gone quiet a few months ago.  So, I don't even know if I'll get a response but here's hoping I do.  

I found this site via Google whilst looking for possible answers to the energy that exists in my home for the last 13 years and has since day 1.  I won’t go into that situation as it’s not a part of this thread subject matter.  As I was searching for some info on this I stopped to read about The Ouija Board and look forward to reading Iron Ghost’s posts on this at a later date. I have my own personal experience as a youth with this board. I know that I’m sensitive on some levels as a creative person and always have been.  In short messing around with that kinda stuff scares the crap out of me. But I still like to read about it from a safe distance.  There’s enough occasional activity in my house and  I don’t want to add to it.  

Since discovering this site and thread tonight,  I've literally obsessively been reading this post from start to finish. I'm sure my post will seem EPIC for a first post but keep in mind I'm choosing to reply to this entire thread that started in March 08 and ended in the August of 08.

IronGhost, what a fantastic writer you are!  I've only read your story on your new religion so far; but It was an intriguing read for sure. I have some questions for you that I do believe in all these posts no one has asked you exactly. And of course some comments in no particular order as my eyes are a bit fatigued right now from being online so long.

1. You mentioned a few times that you thought the people who hired you to create your new religion had perhaps the following reasons behind their request:
- Some kind of Dungeons and dragons
OR
- A social experiment

1. I submit that I considered that  happy.gif  this thread is in fact a social experiment.  I find all of this exchange very thought provoking and interesting. I'm not sure I believe you did create a religion, probably because to me, this story and thread alone are satisfying enough.  However, by the end of reading this entire thread, I do in fact believe that you have the talent and determination to do so. And it's now more plausible to me.

2. While I have found your side of several debates on this thread quite strong Iron Ghost;  I will also submit that in trying to be as forthcoming as possible whilst telling your story, you might have stirred the pot unknowingly. Or perhaps knowingly  happy.gif by writing the followingie:
"Personally, I do not believe in the structure and precepts of this religion of my own making. In other words, I created a new religion based largely on bulls*** -- yet harmless bulls*** -- of that, I have no doubt."
So with this written in the story, then compared to your posts on this thread defending the religion you’ve created; one could find and some have found it to be contradictory.

- Do you really think it’s bullsht*? Cause if I only read the thread and not the story, I wouldn't get that impression at all.  
- Do you only characterize it as bullsh*t in the story because you maybe never really believed in the beginning that the religion would take off?  Being a creative creature myself.  A writer as well, I understand what it is to be self-depricating and to at one moment doubt the power of my talent and drive and another moment absolutely know how powerful I am.
- I could see how some people are confused by how you so vehemently defend your new religion's tenants and possible positive effects in this post but yet, you characterize it in your story as being Bullsh*t and a religion that you yourself would not practice. Could you explain how both things could exist?

**sidenote** Iron Ghost, if I were to name your religion, it would be “PIR”; short for Perception is Reality. original.gif And actually, true to what you’ve pointed out many times over, that could be the acronym for all religions.  Since what one person believes to be true, might be viewed entirely different by another.  

3. Deception and Intention: - Of course, if in fact your religion “PIR”  wink2.gif  was actually created and unleashed we’d have to take you at your word in that it’s positively wonderful. So, if in fact everything about the actual doctrine is true, I don’t agree that you’ve deceived anyone. You’ve put out a writing with beliefs that you created like a song, or a movie for instance.  And if people choose to believe in these writings, then so be it.  I find nothing wrong with that.  Speculations of the intentions of the people who hired you are no concern of yours; that is,  if as you say, your doctrine ONLY contains good with a positive intent behind it.  I personally don’t find secrecy, or being shrouded in this instance to be deceptive. It's plain and simple no one's business and I find it to be good business and on a need to know basis.  

Thank you Iron Ghost for starting (or perhaps just inspiring) this provocative post.  Whether the story true or not is irrelevant to the enjoyment we are all getting from it.    

And Iron Ghost, you’re d*mn funny. So are you Irish but for entirely different reasons.  Please don’t banish me or my post LOL tongue.gif

Oh…..and Irish……really, truly…….as you stated in your March 18th 11:06pm post, I would ask you. What is “Normal”?  I would say in the case of Iron Ghost and for many others communicating via the Ouija board may be entirely normal. Goodness, just look at all these peeps on this board that "the norm" would consider far from it. Consider opening your mind to the facts that so often those who appear to be part of a so called “norm – everyday-following the crowd- society” are often the “freakiest” so to speak; exploring all kinds of things from sex, to drugs, to other stuff. But do so in secret.  And on the flip side, those of us who speak the loudest are often pretty timid in our explorations.  So again, what is “normal” to you is not necessarily “normal” to another.  

And the same post Irish, it could be said that you are arrogant and/or narrow of mind in saying that Iron Ghost is being deceived by his Ouija contacts unless you are open to the possibility that you too are perhaps being deceived in your faith.

BTW, I have a strong reverence for people’s right to believe what they want to believe;  and that includes religions.  wink2.gif  But I, myself  do not practice any currently and honestly don't think I ever will again. I think people created religions for EGO based reasons as we are by nature selfish creatures.  And I think people follow them for layered reasons depending on the individual; running the gammit from lack of self-confidence, a need to belong, unwillingness to accept responsibility for their own actions and fear.  Why is it that when things go wrong some people say “God D*mn It” instead of taking responsibility for some or all of their situation?  And perhaps another reason consider might be,  “****” happens.  On the flip side when things go right people give thanks to their chosen Deity instead of perhaps attributing their success to themselves or themselves with the help of others; as if their chosen supreme being really has time to make sure they wins a Grammy or the Lottery.  LOL….

You know actually, if I dig deeply and honestly about myself, I could resubmit and correctly say that while I do not follow any organized/group religion, if religion is worship; we all worship something(s), in some way,  everyday.

Looking forward to digging into some IronGhost writings for sure and more.  Thanks so much for this thread and this site. thumbsup.gif

#170    Enderdog

Enderdog

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

This has just about gotta be, "The Secret".....

Thomas

#171    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,430 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

Enderdog on Mar 24 2009, 05:43 AM, said:

This has just about gotta be, "The Secret".....

Thomas

Th religion I created is not "The Secret" although since the success of the Secret, I have been contacted by a number of parties who wanted to produce a "knock-off" version of this book/philosophy -- all of which I turned away -- not because I have any problem with producing such a copy-cat docment -- I just did not have the time.

Anyway, tthe religion I created does not look or act anything like The Secret. It functions upon entirely different principles.

It's been one year now since I first posted this story of my creation of a new world religion.  At this time, I can report that my new religion is still in tact, and still growing little by little.  I'm also very happy to report that the religion is still unfolding in the benign and peaceful way I designed it, and I really think the world wll be better off if it continues to take hold and flourish.

#172    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,271 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

I still don't know the name of this religion or where it is practiced after a year.  
I guess I will never know.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#173    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,059 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

IronGhost on Mar 26 2009, 11:06 PM, said:

Th religion I created is not "The Secret" although since the success of the Secret, I have been contacted by a number of parties who wanted to produce a "knock-off" version of this book/philosophy -- all of which I turned away -- not because I have any problem with producing such a copy-cat docment -- I just did not have the time.

Anyway, tthe religion I created does not look or act anything like The Secret. It functions upon entirely different principles.

It's been one year now since I first posted this story of my creation of a new world religion.  At this time, I can report that my new religion is still in tact, and still growing little by little.  I'm also very happy to report that the religion is still unfolding in the benign and peaceful way I designed it, and I really think the world wll be better off if it continues to take hold and flourish.

Do you follow this religion of your own creation, IronGhost? If not, and if you created it to be benign, peaceful and bring the world to a better place, might I ask - why not? If you do, and you freely admit the entire religion was based on bs, then why?

Edited by Leonardo, 28 March 2009 - 11:01 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#174    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,430 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

Leonardo on Mar 28 2009, 12:01 PM, said:

Do you follow this religion of your own creation, IronGhost? If not, and if you created it to be benign, peaceful and bring the world to a better place, might I ask - why not? If you do, and you freely admit the entire religion was based on bs, then why?

Hi Leonardo:

No, I do not practice the religion I created. That's beause, as it's creator, it's a whole different ball game for me than it would be for any other person on the planet.  Think about Moses. Why was he not allowed the enter the Promised Land after everything he went through?  I'm not for a second comparing myself to a figure like Moses, but I think that particular element of the Moses saga speaks volumes.  In a sense, Moses eneded up being an outcast within the religion he helped create.

Now, after having gone through the experence of creating a religion, I can see how being in that position, necessarily precludes one from being a member of that religion.

It's like -- why can't a person tickle himself, or herself -- yet another person can tickle you till you loose your breath?

It's weird.

Another thing: The only reason I really created the religion I did -- a I have stated -- was for the money. I really didn't have any other motivation. It's just that, once I had accepted the task, I decided to produce something I believe the world has never seen before -- it was just a challenge I gave to myself.  As for now, based on the results so far, I think I have done that.

Edited by IronGhost, 31 March 2009 - 12:33 AM.

#175    artista

artista

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:29 PM

Congrats to Ironghost! great story!
I believe you have achieved your goals - sparking controversy and mucho questioning from the readers.
Smiled often & enjoyed it completely!
So much BS and so much TRUTH

#176    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,430 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

artista on Apr 3 2009, 06:29 PM, said:

Congrats to Ironghost! great story!
I believe you have achieved your goals - sparking controversy and mucho questioning from the readers.
Smiled often & enjoyed it completely!
So much BS and so much TRUTH

Thank you, artista, I think ...... and welcome to UM!!

#177    Oen Anderson

Oen Anderson

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• We are all individuals and we are all special in our own unique way which really makes us quite ordinary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:31 AM

It has been a year since I last had anything to say on this article.  I will now state what I believe is the religion you started.  Eckankar!  How did I do IronGhost?

#178    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,430 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

Oen Anderson on Apr 8 2009, 04:31 AM, said:

It has been a year since I last had anything to say on this article.  I will now state what I believe is the religion you started.  Eckankar!  How did I do IronGhost?

Nice try, but I have stated many times in this thread that I did not create Eckankar.  This religion was created by Paul Twitchel. A lot of people have e-mailed me and asked I I created Eckankar -- this religion was started in Minnesota -- I'm from Minnesota.  Twitchel was  writer, I am a writer -- so there are some surface similarities.  But the fact is, Eckankar was created in the 1960s when I was a little boy.

#179    Yinarchy

Yinarchy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

• Matriarch of the Erie

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:55 AM

I joined just so I could say that I created a new world religion is genius. I read all the comments and I get it! It's the cosmic joke!
Going now to read the rest of Iron's columns.
Brilliant like light.
Matriarch of the Erie,
Mariev

#180    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:56 AM

Bin wanting to respond to this but didn't want to necropost, but since somebody already has(look at all the newbies you spawned :P)...

IronGhost, Not sure if you will ever check up on this thread again but just in case you do...

No offense but I have to say that your story is a bit odd in itself because of the fact that you where hired by these people for this job. Now I'm criticising your skills and abilities, you are indeed a brilliant writer and what not but wouldn't you agree that you seem like a random choice to be offered this type of job? And if you are the most qualified for this type of 'job' it seems kind of odd that they would hire only one person...I would expect, that in creating an effective false religion, one's best bet would be a colaberation of writers, marketing experts, advertisement, sociologists, psychologists, even theologist perhaps. Sure your special...but you can't be that special. One middle class income guy by himself being put in charge for a brand new religion?

That's all irrelevant however because I half expect your religion or better yet the experiment is the article itself. There are parts of your story that directly appeal to the UM audience such as conspiracy, aliens, and Ouji(sp?) boards that are just parts of the story that don't seem to have to with the point at all but seem to be included to sway the interest of the readership.

However I don't actually believe in those two claims I just made, but I have a real question. I understand you can't name or go into detail about your religion, but is it a 'religion' in the traditional sense? I mean is it just a religion in the sense that there is a website somewhere with the lessons and believers on message boards or is there actually something like church's of some form somewhere and communities existing in real life.

Edited by Cadetak, 31 January 2010 - 05:56 AM.

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users