Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Physical contact in dreams

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    TylerUTS

TylerUTS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:58 AM

Hello, I am new here, I lurk often. Last night, I had a very powerful dream, about someone I have a kind of scewered relationship with. As I mentioned, it was very powerful, and actually makes me think of life in a new way. For the first time, my mind, as in brain obviously, actually LOVED someone who wasn't in my family, that's what the dream was about. Well, normally I'd look at this as any other dream, but there was something in this particular dream, something off, something that made it feel like it was more than just a dream.

Think about it, in dreams, do you ever actually, PHYSICALLY feel anything, other than maybe your blanket? You can imagine pain, or contact, but that's not the same, as feeling your body, actually coming into contact with someone elses, as you are dreaming. I felt this person hug me. It was in the dream, but I also felt my actual body, which was outside the dream of course, feeling their skin against mine. That doesn't happen. I actually felt human flesh touch mine. And I KNOW it wasn't myself imagining. Try, right now, to imagine someone puting their hand on yours. Sure, you can imagine that feeling, and you know what it's like, BUT, your hand actually doesn't feel another person's hand touching it. Now, another alternative, possibly it was someone in my family, but they have sworn that they did not go into my room throughout the night last night. I can't get over this physical feeling of someone else. It reminds me of the episode of Lost "The Constant" when Desmond is traveling between 1996 and 2004. I really felt like I was experiencing my life, except somewhere in the future. Now, I don't expect anyone to really believe that I felt this physical contact, but I would like to know if what I experienced was certain kind of dream, was it something more, have others expierenced this, and most importantly, what does it mean?

#2    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:06 AM

Generally when I dream I'm unconscious and can't feel a thing...but if I add my heart or falling sensations into the equation - it becomes a bit muddled.

Dreams are strange things - it could mean anything. I would keep trying to have the same dream though.

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#3    Asphodel

Asphodel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

• "I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!" -Lestat de Lioncourt ;-)

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:22 AM

I often feel when I dream, but it doesn't mean anything in particular to me.

Asphodelus ramosus
-White Asphodel-
-Food For The Dead-

~Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me~

#4    darksoul_

darksoul_

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

pretty normal no?
i've felt contact with other ppl in dreams countless of times
last time was about a week ago
dreamt about "physical contact" with my gf (which was actualy at that moment laying right next to me tongue.gif)

coincidentaly,the "physical contact" happened irl aswell when we both woke up tongue.gif

i've had loads of dreams where I feel contact with other ppl tho,varying from sexual contact to normal ordinary contact
nothing special imo tongue.gif

#5    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:15 PM

It may not be common to you, but overall it is common. It may have been a hallucination, the kind some people have before waking up or during sleep paralysis. Hallucinations do seem like reality.
I never experienced anything like this, but I've read enough experiences to know it's pretty common...
And if you think it's more than just a dream, of course, consider it - because memorable dreams can have important messages in them, I mean, more important than nonmemorable dreams...

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users