Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Universal Knowledge

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,516 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:35 AM

i was just thinking to myself about universal knowledge.. i made that term up myself just now hehe, or at least i thought i did.. but anyways..

i was just thinking, does anyone know alot about every topic ever?? maybe you all know some historical figures that were "sharp" in every aspect...

for instance; did einstien know alot about the stock market, did newton know world power, did hitler know about the law of physics, does barry bonds know about globalization.. "just examples".. it might seem like a dumb question, but i thought id run w/it.

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#2    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,047 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

You can Google terms like polymath or phrases like "Renaissance man".

Newton was Chancellor of the Exchequer (Treasury Secretary), and contributed those little ridges on the edge of coins. He was an accomplished alchemist (whatever that means), and a speculative theologian (ending up something like what might now be called "Unitarian"). So, not too narrow.

Aristotle wrote about nearly everything, but he got a lot wrong. Socrates didn't know anything, or so he said. Most people think he was fairly sharp, though.

The "party line" on this is that there is so much that somebody knows today that it is less and less possible that anybody would personally know everything that somebody knows. Then again, maybe the schools aren't as good as they used to be original.gif .

Posted Image

#3    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,516 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

haha that could be true, maybe schools are going downhill..but back in the day there werent schools..and look at the brilliant people then.. maybe we should just get rid of school!! YAYYY!!! haha, besides everything you wanna no is on the internet anyways.

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#4    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:42 AM

did hitler know about the law of physics

Hitler=Radical Christian.
Radical Christians=Believe every word in bible.
Words in Bible != Laws of Physics.

So therefore, it can be determined Hitler knew very little about the laws of physics.

#5    Mademoiselle

Mademoiselle

Poltergeist

• 2,432 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

eight bits on Mar 21 2008, 06:22 PM, said:

You can Google terms like polymath or phrases like "Renaissance man".

Newton was Chancellor of the Exchequer (Treasury Secretary), and contributed those little ridges on the edge of coins. He was an accomplished alchemist (whatever that means), and a speculative theologian (ending up something like what might now be called "Unitarian"). So, not too narrow.

Aristotle wrote about nearly everything, but he got a lot wrong. Socrates didn't know anything, or so he said. Most people think he was fairly sharp, though.

The "party line" on this is that there is so much that somebody knows today that it is less and less possible that anybody would personally know everything that somebody knows. Then again, maybe the schools aren't as good as they used to be original.gif .

Quite interesting actually !!

La vie est un long fleuve tranquille .....

#6    Spunned

Spunned

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

LucidElement on Mar 21 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

haha that could be true, maybe schools are going downhill..but back in the day there werent schools..and look at the brilliant people then.. maybe we should just get rid of school!! YAYYY!!! haha, besides everything you wanna no is on the internet anyways.

schools are good, but 99 % of them teach stuff that are designed to prepare you for life.. they dont prepare you to think great thoughts, only to survive in the real world..

Posted Image

#7    ElOne

ElOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

LucidElement on Mar 21 2008, 11:35 AM, said:

i was just thinking to myself about universal knowledge.. i made that term up myself just now hehe, or at least i thought i did.. but anyways..

i was just thinking, does anyone know alot about every topic ever?? maybe you all know some historical figures that were "sharp" in every aspect...

for instance; did einstien know alot about the stock market, did newton know world power, did hitler know about the law of physics, does barry bonds know about globalization.. "just examples".. it might seem like a dumb question, but i thought id run w/it.

The term I use is ‘Cosmic Consciousness’ after reading the book named that by Richard Maurice Bucke, M.D.  The occurrence examined in the book is the same one that I experienced back in the 1980’s and has redefined the purpose of my life.

#8    NoahJaymes

NoahJaymes

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Find someone with universal knowledge and give them my email...i have a few million questions for them grin2.gif

#9    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:30 PM

The more I learn the more I learn that I cannot learn everything.  [sic]

#10    Mademoiselle

Mademoiselle

Poltergeist

• 2,432 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:42 PM

Clovis on Apr 16 2008, 06:30 PM, said:

The more I learn the more I learn that I cannot learn everything.  [sic]

True.

La vie est un long fleuve tranquille .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users