Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Atlantis be under Greenland's Ice?

Egyptian-Illuminati

Greenland - the place where no one talks about, is covered by ice a couple miles thick, and only the outer layers of the island are habitable.

So, now that most of us (atleast me) are familiar with seasonal global warming, is it possible that at one time greenland actually got submerged from global warming? And then a cold snap, the ice age which brought sea levels back down, revealing the island's land? And maybe man actually settled on this island at the turn of the ice age, since we found human remains in north america dating well over 6 million years.

Maybe, just maybe man made a city on this island named Atlantis, and when the ice age receeded, it got swallowed up by the atlantic ocean, and the people had to abandon this place and settle in africa and north america.

Is it possible Greenland would have moved its position within 6 million years? Or was the weather very different then?

I just want researchers out there to develope some kind of 3D radar and to get foot long increments of the surface.

What do you think? Could it be under all that cold stuff?

• Like 3

wait a few months! according to all of the global warming know it all's it should be about to show itself!!! Nothing personal but read the facts...

The FACTS about Atlantis fit any place in the world you want to put it in, except for Athens, Greece

• Like 6

"Foretold archeological facts which later proved true

Cayce was equally as far ahead of the archeologists and paleontologists. It took nearly another 60 years for the predominance of evidence from around the world to prove Cayce probably correct in his claim that the human species is 10.5 million years old, that the Giza monuments in Egypt were aligned with the stars as of 10,500 BC, that the structure of the Egyptian religion was defined from astronomical relationships, and that an ancient civilization influenced the development of Egypt, Maya, and Bharati"

Source: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce11.html

And i believe Edgar Cayce 100%

• Like 2

Foretold the discovery of the land from Atlantis

Cayce revealed that new land will appear in 1968 or 1969 off the east coast of North America, the so-called "rising of Atlantis".

It was in that timeframe that the Bimini Road was discovered in the Atlantic Ocean. Whether this is actually a road or natural, geologic erosion is being hotly debated. Many people believe this to be the actual portion of Atlantis that Cayce was referring to.

Cayce maintained that Atlantis was an ancient civilization that was technologically superior to even our own and that its last surviving islands have disappeared somewhere in the Atlantic ocean some ten thousand years ago.

Cayce revealed that the size of Atlantis was equal to that of Europe, including Asia in Europe. He saw visions of this continent of the past which had gone through three major periods of division; the first two occurred around 15,600 B.C., when the mainland was divided into islands. The three main islands of Atlantis Cayce named were Poseida, Og and Aryan.

He said the people of Atlantis had constructed giant laser-like crystals for power plants, and that these were responsible for the second destruction of the land. Cayce blamed the final destruction of Atlantis and the disintegration of their culture on greed and lust. But before the legendary land disappeared under the waves, Cayce revealed that there was an exodus of many Atlanteans to ancient Egypt. Cayce attributed the Biblical Great Flood of Noah to be a result of the sinking of the last huge remnants of Atlantis.

During Cayce's otherworldly journeys, Cayce would often reveal the past lives of those who would come to him for information concerning their health. A number of people who came to Cayce were told by him that they had past lives in the legendary lost land of Atlantis. In fact, Cayce revealed that a vast number of souls who lived past lives in Atlantis have been incarnating to America for a long time now to usher in a new era of enlightened human consciousness. In all, Cayce referred to Atlantis no fewer than seven hundred times over a span of twenty years.

So yeah, awesome.

• Like 2

Cayce predicted changes to the earth surface to begin some time between 1958 and 1998. The cause of these dramatic earth changes will be the shift in the world's magnetic poles around the year 2000. Cayce predicted that when this pole shift occurs it would begin reversals in the world's climate so that:

"..where there has been a frigid or semi-tropical climate, there will be a more tropical one, and moss and fern will grow."

As far as I know, there is no sign of permanent human occupation in Greenland before the XI century, when the Vikings settled on the southernmost coast of Greenland.

Note that at the time the Vikings settled in Greenland, the climate in most of northern Europe was much milder than it is today, allowing grass and trees to grow on much of the southernmost part of the Island (thence the name Green-Land).

If an "atlantean" civilization did in fact exist in Greenland prior to the last ice age, it is very likely its remains would be found along the coastlines, rather than in the interior of the Island.

While it is indeed true that the interior is largely covered in ice, the same does not hold for the coastlines, which are instead largely free from ice caps. If therefore such remains did actually exist, they would have already been found along the relatively ice free coastlines.

Since it is not the case, I seriously doubt any civilization ever settled in Greenland during the last ice age.

Edited by Dark_Lord
  • Like 1

Greenland - the place where no one talks about, is covered by ice a couple miles thick, and only the outer layers of the island are habitable.

So, now that most of us (atleast me) are familiar with seasonal global warming, is it possible that at one time greenland actually got submerged from global warming? And then a cold snap, the ice age which brought sea levels back down, revealing the island's land? And maybe man actually settled on this island at the turn of the ice age, since we found human remains in north america dating well over 6 million years.

Maybe, just maybe man made a city on this island named Atlantis, and when the ice age receeded, it got swallowed up by the atlantic ocean, and the people had to abandon this place and settle in africa and north america.

Is it possible Greenland would have moved its position within 6 million years? Or was the weather very different then?

I just want researchers out there to develope some kind of 3D radar and to get foot long increments of the surface.

What do you think? Could it be under all that cold stuff?

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the Greenland Ice Sheet project, which was busily drilling holes throughout the GIS for 15 years. They never found any evidence of buildings or signs of civilisation. Besides, there's plenty of technology available to look underneath the ice, in Greenland and Antarctica

And also, I see you emphasized that Atlantis was greater than Europe; this alone rules out Greenland being Atlantis, since Greenland measures in at 2 million sq. km., Europe (at 10 sq. km) is 5 times that size.

--Jaylemurph

edit: clarity

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1

IMO Atlantis was the minoic civilitation.

If Atlantis was not a invention of Plato, then much probably it would by the minoic civilitation.

http://www.minoanatlantis.com/

The description of atlantis by plato mach more or less the island of Thera (included the concentric circles) only the timing doesent fit right, but knowing the egyptian (the main source of Plato) the had the bad habit of make everything looks elder than it was (the worship of the past).

The eruption of the supervolcano Thera (santorino) put a end to the great minoican civilitation, and probably started a wast migration of people around the mediterran (the people of the sea).

My interpretation.

Probably ( I know I am assuming to much) Plato, interpretet it through a hellenic point of view, placing Athen instead of Egypt. Egypt was invaded by the people of the sea, witch was in reality a confederation of people (Shardana, myceneian, Wilusian -trojans- Lybians ect) and it was succesfully repulsed by Ramses the III (ramses the great). What moved those people was probably a huge disaster, similar to those a minor supervolcano can do (the thera eruption,atlantis dissapering).

Plato changed the must important part of the history told by Solon who got that from a egyptian prist of sais and replaced egypt with Athen, hellenising the entire myth.

I dont know if im right, but surely it makes much more sense rather than Cayces sci-fi.

Some usefull links/references (to another forum)

The sea people.

http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?...eoples&PN=1

http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?...;KW=sea+peoples

Atlantis.

http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=22673&PN=1

ciao

Edited by Lux Felix
  • Like 2

"Foretold archeological facts which later proved true

Cayce was equally as far ahead of the archeologists and paleontologists. It took nearly another 60 years for the predominance of evidence from around the world to prove Cayce probably correct in his claim that the human species is 10.5 million years old, that the Giza monuments in Egypt were aligned with the stars as of 10,500 BC, that the structure of the Egyptian religion was defined from astronomical relationships, and that an ancient civilization influenced the development of Egypt, Maya, and Bharati"

Source: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce11.html

And i believe Edgar Cayce 100%

From the site above:

The answer to these critics is that, first of all, Cayce has already been shown to be less than 100% in his predictions and there is no reason to believe that a person with Cayce's ability have to be perfect in their predictions.

I aways laugh when people talk about how the Greeks beat the Atlanteans in 10,000 BC. That means some club weilding shepards pounded down a super advanced people clear out of Europe. And these Atlanteans, with a huge homeland full of technical people, stayed beaten, never to rise again.

Edited by DieChecker

Will people be looking for the real Middle Earth in 2000 years like they do for Plato's own fictional nation?

• Like 3

Plato's Atlantis, using his dates, was submerged 11,600 years BP...exactly when the glaciers of the last Ice Age were rapidly melting and sea levels were rapidly rising. So Atlantis had to be on Continental shelves and/or islands, and, during that cold period, in the warmer regions of the Earth.

However, after the Ice Age, the Earth, from 10,000 to 6,000 BP, was much warmer than now, and perhaps there could have been farms and cities in southern coastal Greenland, now destroyed by the ice. In fact, when the Vikings settled there, during the Medieval Warm Period, it was somewhat milder than today. And what of interglacial periods before the last Ice Age? This is only speculation, but there might have been civilizations there or in other cold regions. William B Stoecker

• Like 3

one of google earths famous optical anomalies...

Plato's Atlantis, using his dates, was submerged 11,600 years BP...exactly when the glaciers of the last Ice Age were rapidly melting and sea levels were rapidly rising. So Atlantis had to be on Continental shelves and/or islands, and, during that cold period, in the warmer regions of the Earth.

However, after the Ice Age, the Earth, from 10,000 to 6,000 BP, was much warmer than now, and perhaps there could have been farms and cities in southern coastal Greenland, now destroyed by the ice. In fact, when the Vikings settled there, during the Medieval Warm Period, it was somewhat milder than today. And what of interglacial periods before the last Ice Age? This is only speculation, but there might have been civilizations there or in other cold regions. William B Stoecker

Well as a user in another forum wrote:

Of all the Atlantis theories, either serious or ridiculous, the island of Thera is the only one that:

(1) Suffered a major volcanic eruption and sunk partially into the sea, as plato said

(2) It was a ringed island....

(3) It matches most what Plato said, at least as the escenary of his political theories.

(4) The chronology don't match, though. A small detail, perhaps by a problem of copists.

(5) The name Pilars of Hercules was not exclusive of Gibraltar in ancient Mediterranean times, so that's not a problem at all.

In short, it makes sense to associate Plato's Atlantis to Thera. Perhaps is not a very spectacular theory, but it makes sense.

• Like 2

Well considering we are finding soooo many underwater settlements/cities from other races like the neanderthals and such, why would it be such a suprise to discover the actual atlantis? Its proof, we found underwater cities of great sizes, like Alexandria, and cities of the like. When they do find Atlantis, i wont be suprised.

Another thing i would like to bring up is the description of the shape of the Atlantis island. Just take a good look at these pictures and tell me there are no similarities:

Atlantis:

linked-image

Greenland:

linked-image

No? Cant find any? Perhaps you need glasses.

Another thing i would like to bring up is the description of the shape of the Atlantis island. Just take a good look at these pictures and tell me there are no similarities:

No? Cant find any? Perhaps you need glasses.

I have glasses,but you should put on yours to read up what is left below glacier ice once the glacier recedes... even if there was such a thing as Atlantis (and don't come at me with : there is 'cause Cayce told me so) all that would be left is a rubble of rocks, all polished round from the interaction of moving ice with sand. Nothing would be identifiable as Atlantis, or Chattanooga...for the case.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the Greenland Ice Sheet project, which was busily drilling holes throughout the GIS for 15 years. They never found any evidence of buildings or signs of civilisation. Besides, there's plenty of technology available to look underneath the ice, in Greenland and Antarctica

And also, I see you emphasized that Atlantis was greater than Europe; this alone rules out Greenland being Atlantis, since Greenland measures in at 2 million sq. km., Europe (at 10 sq. km) is 5 times that size.

--Jaylemurph

edit: clarity

He also said it was split in to three segments, one of which is Greenland.

He also said it was split in to three segments, one of which is Greenland.

Greenland is a little to far away from the mediterran to be atlantis ;)

I have glasses,but you should put on yours to read up what is left below glacier ice once the glacier recedes... even if there was such a thing as Atlantis (and don't come at me with : there is 'cause Cayce told me so) all that would be left is a rubble of rocks, all polished round from the interaction of moving ice with sand. Nothing would be identifiable as Atlantis, or Chattanooga...for the case.

If quartz can be dissolved, buildings destroyed, and geology completely transformed undistinguishable by nature, then i will take your word for it.

Edgar Cayce is just one of us who learned the technique called Remote Viewing. For a hefty price, you can get ahold of ARVARI (academy of remote viewing and remote influencing) and get their 2 complete courses in audio form. If many of his predictions are already proven true, like the great events in history, then why would you not believe him that atlantis will be revealed off the east coast of north america?

Nor do i believe that "Atlantis" is at the very bottom of the carribean. Things change dramatically in tens of thousands of years, and it may be further up north than it was 10,000+ years ago.

Im psyched for it, but i will for sure like i said before, will not be surprised.

• Like 1

So you're saying that it's not possible that Atlantis is a fictional place? What about Discworld? Or Arakis? Are they out there too?

• Like 1

So you're saying that it's not possible that Atlantis is a fictional place? What about Discworld? Or Arakis? Are they out there too?

I dont belive either Atlantis is a fictional place, although it is plausible.

But there are some strong clues on the island of Thera and around the minoic civilitation. If Atlantis was located at Thera, the entire myth of that so much dreamed civilitation it would only turn out to be a historic misunderstanding. Just like Troja.

If quartz can be dissolved, buildings destroyed, and geology completely transformed undistinguishable by nature, then i will take your word for it.

Edgar Cayce is just one of us who learned the technique called Remote Viewing. For a hefty price, you can get ahold of ARVARI (academy of remote viewing and remote influencing) and get their 2 complete courses in audio form. If many of his predictions are already proven true, like the great events in history, then why would you not believe him that atlantis will be revealed off the east coast of north america?

Nor do i believe that "Atlantis" is at the very bottom of the carribean. Things change dramatically in tens of thousands of years, and it may be further up north than it was 10,000+ years ago.

Im psyched for it, but i will for sure like i said before, will not be surprised.

here we have a nice picture of a receding glacier:

linked-image

not much left, is there?

And, believe me, after the sixth Guinness I always psyche a lot too... never turns out that way....

Cayce revealed that new land will appear in 1968 or 1969 off the east coast of North America, the so-called "rising of Atlantis".

Greenland is on the east coast of North America...so far, so good....*if* Atlantis is under there.

It was in that timeframe that the Bimini Road was discovered in the Atlantic Ocean. Whether this is actually a road or natural, geologic erosion is being hotly debated. Many people believe this to be the actual portion of Atlantis that Cayce was referring to.

The Bimini Road is much further south than Greenland. Unless earthquakes shifted the ocean's floor it would be hard to say Greenland covers Atlantis, especially if the Bimini Rd. was a part of Atlantis. Too, I suppose Atlantis could've had long distance roads...if, indeed, it existed -- which I tend to think it could have.