Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * - - - 10 votes

Could Atlantis be under Greenland's Ice?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1166 replies to this topic

#526    Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cabo Verde Islands (West Africa)

  • Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

    (Mahatma Gandhi)

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

One thing that caught my attention the other day: the MAR started to exist when Pangaea broke up. Notice how the northern MAR (red line) seem to follow by Greenland's side, in its movement, northwards. Greenland is extremely close to the Iberian region.


Posted Image



1. Catalog of Images
https://picasaweb.google.com/106047243612755133722

2. Was Atlantis in Greenland?
http://a7lan7is.blogspot.com

#527    Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cabo Verde Islands (West Africa)

  • Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

    (Mahatma Gandhi)

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Greenland has a considerably better continental fit when facing Iberian Peninsula (Gadeirus), than it does regarding the Scandinavian Peninsula. Iceland and Canary Islands appear to be of the same shape and size...


Posted Image


Atlas  and Gadeirus

https://picasaweb.go...tlasAndGadeirus



Edited by Mario Dantas, 18 January 2014 - 06:23 PM.

1. Catalog of Images
https://picasaweb.google.com/106047243612755133722

2. Was Atlantis in Greenland?
http://a7lan7is.blogspot.com

#528    Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cabo Verde Islands (West Africa)

  • Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

    (Mahatma Gandhi)

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Posted Image



Gunnbjørn Fjeld is the highest mountain on Greenland, situated within the most mountainous region of the island, located in front of the Atlas range, perhaps proving that a continental orogeny might have occurred there.

Posted Image



1. Catalog of Images
https://picasaweb.google.com/106047243612755133722

2. Was Atlantis in Greenland?
http://a7lan7is.blogspot.com

#529    bendigger0

bendigger0

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:minnesota

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Your speculation about Greenland and Atlantis is absolutely warranted.  We don't know about Atlantis, and lots of other stuff.  I would be happy to wager that certainly all parts of this Earth have been peopled at some time in the past, including the Antarctic.  Theories abound and facts are speculative at best.  Could Greenland be the site of the former Atlantis?  Certainly.  Also, about Cayce...  the quote about Earth Changes was,  "in the period between '58 and '98".  He specifically did not say 1958 or 1998, it could be 2058.  Cayce was great though... remember the time when he announced he was going to make a certain citizen of Hopkinsville come into his photo studio; and it worked?  Amazing.


#530    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,650 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 18 January 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

Your speculation about Greenland and Atlantis is absolutely warranted.  We don't know about Atlantis, and lots of other stuff.  I would be happy to wager that certainly all parts of this Earth have been peopled at some time in the past, including the Antarctic.  Theories abound and facts are speculative at best.  Could Greenland be the site of the former Atlantis?  Certainly.  Also, about Cayce...  the quote about Earth Changes was,  "in the period between '58 and '98".  He specifically did not say 1958 or 1998, it could be 2058.  Cayce was great though... remember the time when he announced he was going to make a certain citizen of Hopkinsville come into his photo studio; and it worked?  Amazing.

Edgar Cayce, eh....that is your basis for that nonsense? Not surprised.....

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#531    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

    "If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

  • Member
  • 9,554 posts
  • Joined:02 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle, WA

  • "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 18 January 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

Your speculation about Greenland and Atlantis is absolutely warranted.  We don't know about Atlantis, and lots of other stuff.  I would be happy to wager that certainly all parts of this Earth have been peopled at some time in the past, including the Antarctic.  Theories abound and facts are speculative at best.  Could Greenland be the site of the former Atlantis?  Certainly.  Also, about Cayce...  the quote about Earth Changes was,  "in the period between '58 and '98".  He specifically did not say 1958 or 1998, it could be 2058.  Cayce was great though... remember the time when he announced he was going to make a certain citizen of Hopkinsville come into his photo studio; and it worked?  Amazing.

A fool and his money are soon parted, or so they say...

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#532    Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cabo Verde Islands (West Africa)

  • Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

    (Mahatma Gandhi)

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

View Postbendigger0, on 18 January 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

Your speculation about Greenland and Atlantis is absolutely warranted.  We don't know about Atlantis, and lots of other stuff.  I would be happy to wager that certainly all parts of this Earth have been peopled at some time in the past, including the Antarctic.  Theories abound and facts are speculative at best.  Could Greenland be the site of the former Atlantis?  Certainly.  

Thanks! I appreciate your encouragement.

The largest island on the planet was situated further down south and very close to Gibraltar there is a continental fit between the three "continental" pieces (Iberia/Africa/Greenland).

Posted Image


Regards,
Mario Dantas

1. Catalog of Images
https://picasaweb.google.com/106047243612755133722

2. Was Atlantis in Greenland?
http://a7lan7is.blogspot.com

#533    bendigger0

bendigger0

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:minnesota

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostMario Dantas, on 19 January 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

Thanks! I appreciate your encouragement.

The largest island on the planet was situated further down south and very close to Gibraltar there is a continental fit between the three "continental" pieces (Iberia/Africa/Greenland).

Posted Image


Regards,
Mario Dantas
It is certainly possible that Greenland was once part of the Iberian peninsula.  A legion of scientists and 'critical thinkers' may tell you that's impossible, but we know very well that "science" is not an open inquiry into the unexplained.


#534    Minne84

Minne84

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2014
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Florida

  • "Everything is self-evident."
    Rene Descartes

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

Atlantis has been a very interesting subject, I have been doing my own research on it.

Greenland could have been Atlantis or it could be some other huge land mass. Take a good look at a pangea map towards Europe when all of that land mass broke apart maybe there.

There has been a huge speculation about Cuba and the caribbean islands, about the locals looking at the deeps of the water and seeing a stream of blue lights on the oceans floor.


#535    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

    Traveler of both time and space

  • Member
  • 4,130 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

  • I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostMario Dantas, on 18 January 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

One thing that caught my attention the other day: the MAR started to exist when Pangaea broke up. Notice how the northern MAR (red line) seem to follow by Greenland's side, in its movement, northwards. Greenland is extremely close to the Iberian region.


Posted Image

By your own post Greenland was pretty much where it is now 100 mya


#536    Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cabo Verde Islands (West Africa)

  • Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

    (Mahatma Gandhi)

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

Quote



Pangea, Gondwana, Rodinia and the supercontinent hypothesis



Introduction: The reconstruction of plate movements back in time is a major scientific accomplishment. When viewing the myriad of reconstructions, complete with animations, available on the web these days the uninitiated may be forgiven for thinking these are 'artistic' renderings and impressions. The incredible wealth of data that inform and constrain these reconstructions is often not immediately evident in the reconstruction itself. Nor is the geometric rigor behind the depictions  (projects, poles of rotation, etc.). These reconstructions are now being used in testing and developing global climate models, and so arguably they are much more than an academic exercise. Additionally they are routinely used in resource exploration. This material focuses on the how of reconstruction creation, and then on the results in the context of the debate on the supercontinent hypothesis.

http://maps.unomaha....ek12/super.html

This is going to sound ridiculous but again there are coincidences that arise after playing with general continental fit. I have made yet another album showing an "obvious" fitting.

I can't show all the details i have been working on. Nevertheless, my research has already lead me there before, e.g. the Pacific ocean, the Ring of fire, Deccan traps, India, Ninety-east ridge, etc...

Theories of an expanding earth have been proposed before but the lack of a credible mechanism enabling such expansion was one of the major flaws in this system.

Quote

The expanding Earth or growing Earthhypothesis asserts that the position and relative movement of continents is at least partially due to the volume of Earth increasing.

While suggested historically, since the recognition of plate tectonics in the 1970s, scientific consensus has rejected any significant expansion or contraction of Earth.

http://en.wikipedia....Expanding_Earth

I understand that there were many geologic theories which were considered nonviable when confronted with the scientific academia skepticism.

I was surprised to find out many geologists in the past studied continental models, in which, an expansion of the earth (continents and ocean floors) occurs. Pangaea while a large and sole continental group, would occupy the entire round earth (and therefore, no oceanic crust existed at all).

It is fact that continents fit together if you reduce the earth radius. There are models that attest this!

Quote

Expansion Tectonics

It is interesting to note that in 1958 Professor Sam Carey, in researching the concept of continental drift, made scale models of the Earth and demonstrated “if all the continents were reassembled into a Pangaean configuration on a model representing the Earths modern dimensions, the fit was reasonably precise at the centre of the reassembly and along the common margins of north-west Africa and the United States east coast embayment, but became progressively imperfect away from these areas”. Carey concluded from this research that the fit of these ancient continents “could be made much more precise in these areas if the diameter of the Earth was smaller at the time of Pangaea”. With the acceptance of Plate Tectonics, these basic physical observations and conclusions of Carey have been totally ignored.
http://www.jamesmaxl...MN_position=7:4


For lack of interest at the time and/or due to the birth of the newest scientific field of plate tectonics (ocean floor spreading, subduction, etc), the expansion logic was soon forgot since there was now a theoretical process that explained merely everything.

My new album contains (i believe) evidence of a continental fitting between the Asian eastern coast and the north American/South America west coast. I have never seen evidence regarding continental similitude between these two countries (except for the expanding earth theory).

Posted Image

ASIA/AMERICA

https://picasaweb.go...722/ASIAAMERICA



The continental fit is difficult because the Asian coastline is very fragmented but there is undeniable resemblance between the two continents.

- Asia (red)
- America (yellow)
- India (blue) where i believe an impact took place

Resuming, the possibility of a smaller earth would show that continents were virtually the only crust that existed. The fit is there... how come the earth was smaller then and got bigger? It is the question i keep asking myself.

An expanding earth must have a relationship with the fact that Pangaea breaks up from the center outwards, as it would if continents moved apart upon a widening ocean floor as a consequence of the expansion itself. An inflating balloon with continental fixed surfaces moving radially further away from a common point, would be a good analogy.

After the expanding event, the earth radius stood the same because the force making all this happened ceased to exist, plain and simple? It is a fact that meteoric accretion did influence the earth's size in the past

Sea floor spreading and subduction probably exist now as vestiges of a dynamic planetary expansion. Today, perhaps the residual forces that still act upon the continental plates are the result of the extreme mantle activity (after impact). According to Newton's first law of motion, a body is at rest or moving with a constant velocity unless acted upon by an external force...

Regards,
Mario Dantas

1. Catalog of Images
https://picasaweb.google.com/106047243612755133722

2. Was Atlantis in Greenland?
http://a7lan7is.blogspot.com

#537    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

    Traveler of both time and space

  • Member
  • 4,130 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

  • I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostMario Dantas, on 23 January 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

http://maps.unomaha....ek12/super.html

This is going to sound ridiculous but again there are coincidences that arise after playing with general continental fit. I have made yet another album showing an "obvious" fitting.

I can't show all the details i have been working on. Nevertheless, my research has already lead me there before, e.g. the Pacific ocean, the Ring of fire, Deccan traps, India, Ninety-east ridge, etc...

Theories of an expanding earth have been proposed before but the lack of a credible mechanism enabling such expansion was one of the major flaws in this system.

[/size]
http://en.wikipedia....Expanding_Earth

I understand that there were many geologic theories which were considered nonviable when confronted with the scientific academia skepticism.

I was surprised to find out many geologists in the past studied continental models, in which, an expansion of the earth (continents and ocean floors) occurs. Pangaea while a large and sole continental group, would occupy the entire round earth (and therefore, no oceanic crust existed at all).

It is fact that continents fit together if you reduce the earth radius. There are models that attest this!



For lack of interest at the time and/or due to the birth of the newest scientific field of plate tectonics (ocean floor spreading, subduction, etc), the expansion logic was soon forgot since there was now a theoretical process that explained merely everything.

My new album contains (i believe) evidence of a continental fitting between the Asian eastern coast and the north American/South America west coast. I have never seen evidence regarding continental similitude between these two countries (except for the expanding earth theory).

Posted Image

ASIA/AMERICA

https://picasaweb.go...722/ASIAAMERICA



The continental fit is difficult because the Asian coastline is very fragmented but there is undeniable resemblance between the two continents.

- Asia (red)
- America (yellow)
- India (blue) where i believe an impact took place

Resuming, the possibility of a smaller earth would show that continents were virtually the only crust that existed. The fit is there... how come the earth was smaller then and got bigger? It is the question i keep asking myself.

An expanding earth must have a relationship with the fact that Pangaea breaks up from the center outwards, as it would if continents moved apart upon a widening ocean floor as a consequence of the expansion itself. An inflating balloon with continental fixed surfaces moving radially further away from a common point, would be a good analogy.

After the expanding event, the earth radius stood the same because the force making all this happened ceased to exist, plain and simple? It is a fact that meteoric accretion did influence the earth's size in the past

Sea floor spreading and subduction probably exist now as vestiges of a dynamic planetary expansion. Today, perhaps the residual forces that still act upon the continental plates are the result of the extreme mantle activity (after impact). According to Newton's first law of motion, a body is at rest or moving with a constant velocity unless acted upon by an external force...

Regards,
Mario Dantas
There is no doubt the continent fit together but the break up of Pangaea was hundreds of millions of years before there were people so I'm not sure how this is relevant to your search for Atlantis.


#538    Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cabo Verde Islands (West Africa)

  • Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

    (Mahatma Gandhi)

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 24 January 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

There is no doubt the continent fit together but the break up of Pangaea was hundreds of millions of years before there were people so I'm not sure how this is relevant to your search for Atlantis.

Spacecowboy,


Firstly i would like to start by saying, Pangaea's continental configuration is not portrayed, by modern science, as being completely fitting all around the planet. Asian and America seem to fit together, as i believe i have showed:



Posted Image



I can assure you that there is a positive continental fit between the two, although it is all i can show you right now (some of the pictures became very badly "twisted" that i discarted them as i tried to produce more accurate imagery about this specific phenomena.

There is an older album AmericanContinentalDriftGeoidReconstructionModel (2011):

https://picasaweb.go...nstructionModel

The continental fit is pretty obvious, but i guarantee you that science does not consider this hypothesis, at all...

It simply wasn't possible if you assume that the earth stayed pretty much with the same diameter, then, it should be unthinkable for a continental fit to exist there.

A logical question should be: how can this happen? How could Pangaea be just a big continental kernel, "floating" on a huge water extension (70% of the surface of the planet), when there is an undeniable continental fit between its most far apart continents, in that projection, namely America and Asia?

That can only mean that there was an earth expansion of sorts (which would itself eased and even further improve continental movement or drift).


Posted Image

http://geography.how...rcontinent2.htm



I believe that a catastrophic impact event occurred around 10.000 years ago. The earth being more than four thousand million years old, makes the geologic time scale a very long road to our present day. Plato's Atlantis demise is supposed to be a very recent and transforming event that could have been misunderstood and/or misinterpreted by whoever studied these things...

Resuming, There are, in my view, too many coincidences leading me to think this way. I just cannot stop gathering new information about what i think are true evidences, just because it is not in tune with the canonical time line . Meaning, that i do not care whether people tell me otherwise, or that maybe i have become paranoid about it, or else...

Why the radial continental spreading? Why, after Pangaea breakup, continents drifted as if they were impacted?

Posted Image


http://www.netxplica...geo/Pangaea.gif



Notice that the late Cretaceous period (in animation), when India starts the fastest continental journey on the planet of all times, the continents appear to accelerate and finally breakup completely from each other. Sea floor spreading seem to distance continents evenly across the surface of the planet, why?

It does seem like an expanding baloon...

Regards,
Mario Dantas

Edited by Mario Dantas, 24 January 2014 - 11:16 PM.

1. Catalog of Images
https://picasaweb.google.com/106047243612755133722

2. Was Atlantis in Greenland?
http://a7lan7is.blogspot.com

#539    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

    Traveler of both time and space

  • Member
  • 4,130 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

  • I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostMario Dantas, on 24 January 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

Spacecowboy,


Firstly i would like to start by saying, Pangaea's continental configuration is not portrayed, by modern science, as being completely fitting all around the planet. Asian and America seem to fit together, as i believe i have showed:



Posted Image



I can assure you that there is a positive continental fit between the two, although it is all i can show you right now (some of the pictures became very badly "twisted" that i discarted them as i tried to produce more accurate imagery about this specific phenomena.

There is an older album AmericanContinentalDriftGeoidReconstructionModel (2011):

https://picasaweb.go...nstructionModel

The continental fit is pretty obvious, but i guarantee you that science does not consider this hypothesis, at all...

It simply wasn't possible if you assume that the earth stayed pretty much with the same diameter, then, it should be unthinkable for a continental fit to exist there.

A logical question should be: how can this happen? How could Pangaea be just a big continental kernel, "floating" on a huge water extension (70% of the surface of the planet), when there is an undeniable continental fit between its most far apart continents, in that projection, namely America and Asia?

That can only mean that there was an earth expansion of sorts (which would itself eased and even further improve continental movement or drift).


Posted Image

http://geography.how...rcontinent2.htm



I believe that a catastrophic impact event occurred around 10.000 years ago. The earth being more than four thousand million years old, makes the geologic time scale a very long road to our present day. Plato's Atlantis demise is supposed to be a very recent and transforming event that could have been misunderstood and/or misinterpreted by whoever studied these things...

Resuming, There are, in my view, too many coincidences leading me to think this way. I just cannot stop gathering new information about what i think are true evidences, just because it is not in tune with the canonical time line . Meaning, that i do not care whether people tell me otherwise, or that maybe i have become paranoid about it, or else...

Why the radial continental spreading? Why, after Pangaea breakup, continents drifted as if they were impacted?

Posted Image


http://www.netxplica...geo/Pangaea.gif



Notice that the late Cretaceous period (in animation), when India starts the fastest continental journey on the planet of all times, the continents appear to accelerate and finally breakup completely from each other. Sea floor spreading seem to distance continents evenly across the surface of the planet, why?

It does seem like an expanding baloon...

Regards,
Mario Dantas
Pangaea was not the only supercontinent. I think if memory serves there were two others. I'll have to look that up, but I don't see what you mean by an even spreading of continents.


#540    Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cabo Verde Islands (West Africa)

  • Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

    (Mahatma Gandhi)

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Posted Image



The largest negative gravitational anomaly on the planet is situated where the fastest drift happened. An impact like depression of several million square kilometers is patent in the geoid maps.

1. Catalog of Images
https://picasaweb.google.com/106047243612755133722

2. Was Atlantis in Greenland?
http://a7lan7is.blogspot.com




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users