Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 10 votes

Could Atlantis be under Greenland's Ice?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1166 replies to this topic

#61    Egyptian-Illuminati

Egyptian-Illuminati

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:23 PM

Hey guys i found some more info relating to Bimimi.

linked-image
Image above has been color enhanced.
The arrows to the right point to more blip like features just south of the island of Bimini. A row of 3 parallel features can be seen. The red arrows to the left of the image above reveal more linear blip features arranged in paralell lines between the Great Bahama Bank and Florida. It is uncertain if the features exist or if they are a glitch in the topographic data.
"http://www.satellite...po_bimini.html"

Fri. Nov. 7th/08

"Our nearness to you grows each day and soon we shall walk shoulder to shoulder with you."

-SaLuSa
Extraterrestial from the Sirius Constellation, member of the Galactic Federation of Light.

#62    Raven1971

Raven1971

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• "And WHAT have the Romans ever given us?!?"
    "The Aqueduct?"

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

Egyptian-Illuminati on Apr 1 2008, 09:14 AM, said:

Im talking before the last ice age started/was beginning. You dont look far back enough. Something major happened 5200 years ago with the worlds climate, proving fact from fiction. So lets just say before 12,000 BC was a warming period, then around 10,000 BC things started to go into the last ice age. Then, around 5200 BC things started to shift back to the warming. So if the Atlanteans existed back then, then yes its quite probable their coastlines were hundreds of feet higher than they were today. Greenland would be a nice temperate climate with no ice.
Unlike today where we are still coming out of the last ice age, where as global warming is a natural phenomenon which we should expect, and we should also expect some major cities to go underwater, indefinately.

You cant disprove me saying "uh no they will not go underwater" because they will. The ice will melt unless we find a way to build a galactic deepfreeze for the arctic/antarctic. Its inevitable. Found underwater cities prove this.

12,000 BC was the end of the Late Pleistocene - the Last Ice Age. It started over 120,000 years ago. Human beings may have been around then, but they were in the early stages of their species development, and still had to contend with other hominids, like Neanderthals. As I said before, Neolithic sites found underwater prove that in 10,000 BC the ocean levels were lower than they are today, as prior to then there was MORE ice in the northern part of the Northern Hemisphere (including Greenland) than there was AFTER that date.

Raven

Posted Image Campećo da Libertadores / Mundial / da Recopa

#63    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

Egyptian-Illuminati on Apr 1 2008, 01:14 PM, said:

Im talking before the last ice age started/was beginning. You dont look far back enough. Something major happened 5200 years ago with the worlds climate, proving fact from fiction. So lets just say before 12,000 BC was a warming period, then around 10,000 BC things started to go into the last ice age. Then, around 5200 BC things started to shift back to the warming.

Er, no - you have that the wrong way round. We came out of an ice age 10,000 years ago.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#64    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

Egyptian-Illuminati on Apr 1 2008, 02:23 PM, said:

Hey guys i found some more info relating to Bimimi.

linked-image
Image above has been color enhanced.
The arrows to the right point to more blip like features just south of the island of Bimini. A row of 3 parallel features can be seen. The red arrows to the left of the image above reveal more linear blip features arranged in paralell lines between the Great Bahama Bank and Florida. It is uncertain if the features exist or if they are a glitch in the topographic data.
"http://www.satellite...po_bimini.html"

ehm interesting, now could you please explain why there are atolls peaking out once you don't color enhance your image?

Attached File  rarara.jpg   55.18K   49 downloads

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#65    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

questionmark on Apr 1 2008, 10:50 AM, said:

ehm interesting, now could you please explain why there are atolls peaking out once you don't color enhance your image?

His handle of science is like his handle on history: he only gets the made-up kind. The real thing is foreign to him.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#66    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,165 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:17 PM

Lux Felix on Mar 29 2008, 04:18 PM, said:

for some reason, everybody wants Atlantis to be in their country; no matter how inaccurate it is (England, Usa, Sweden, Italy and even Greenland..)

Not me.  I have Atlantis in my Pantis.

And if Emma would just reach in there, I believe I could convince even her!!!  devil.gif  wub.gif

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#67    Egyptian-Illuminati

Egyptian-Illuminati

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

Well im not in Greenland lol, i like to look for odd shapes, structures, or even continents around google earth, and the 1 thought that wont leave me alone is the general shape of Greenland and how much it relates to the continent of Atlantis. (As described by Plato)

Just the size of this island could call this a continent.

Probabilities:

-Island that fits near exact description of the continent by Plato
-Edgar Cayce stated Atlantis would be found off the east coast of north america, and it is, Greenland is off the east coast of north america. (yes i know so is cuba, etc)
-Ice Age meltdown could have swallowed up Greenland in distant past (or atleast part of greenland)
-Possible climate shift from very warm to very cold
-Extremely dense glaciers could hide many many things underneath - just like the sands of Egypt held within it a Sphinx, and tips of pyramids until escavated to reveal Giza.
-Mayans, Egyptians, North American Aboriginals all tell of an ancient secret place swallowed up by the sea, or, in religion, the "Moses and the great flood" myth. Moses' story was copied from the ancients when traced back.

Fri. Nov. 7th/08

"Our nearness to you grows each day and soon we shall walk shoulder to shoulder with you."

-SaLuSa
Extraterrestial from the Sirius Constellation, member of the Galactic Federation of Light.

#68    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

Orcseeker on Mar 25 2008, 12:35 AM, said:

take a look at this, its a screenshot of greenland I took on google earth

And what am I suppose to freaking see. Oh the sun reflecting off the ice DUH. Not the way to middle Earth.

#69    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

Egyptian-Illuminati on Apr 1 2008, 12:35 PM, said:

Probabilities:

-Edgar Cayce stated Atlantis would be found off the east coast of north america, and it is, Greenland is off the east coast of north america. (yes i know so is cuba, etc)

He also said this would have happened by ten years ago.

Or are you like bee and willing to make some cad his reincarnation-cum-retraction service?

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#70    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

jaylemurph on Apr 1 2008, 08:55 PM, said:

He also said this would have happened by ten years ago.

Or are you like bee and willing to make some cad his reincarnation-cum-retraction service?

--Jaylemurph

Now you of little faith: It did not happen 'cause skeptics like you did not believe in the divinity of the profit!!!!

Now you know!!!  rolleyes.gif

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#71    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,165 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

I guess it was funnier to me than to the rest of you.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#72    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

questionmark on Apr 1 2008, 01:04 PM, said:

Now you of little faith: It did not happen 'cause skeptics like you did not believe in the divinity of the profit!!!!

Now you know!!!  rolleyes.gif

Oh, I believe in the divinity of the profit.

...if not the divinity of Harte's pants.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#73    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

Harte on Apr 1 2008, 06:09 PM, said:

I guess it was funnier to me than to the rest of you.

Harte

I'll laugh when I've stopped blushing!!!!  laugh.gif  wink2.gif

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#74    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,662 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:03 AM

Lux Felix on Mar 30 2008, 02:47 AM, said:

Keithisco, you are right it is difficoult to find a reference if you dont know where to search, I had a tough time to.
It seem that 90% of the references about the pillars of hercules are polluted with atlatis. So that makes really hard to find something serious on the subject.

http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/Mythology/Pi...OfHercules.html

http://www.underwatertimes.com/news.php?ar..._id=51890674321

About this last link I would be carefull, because to me it tastes more about nationalistic propaganda, and that means it cant be taken to much seriusly.

Check ancient maps, one in around 400BC, I forget the maker, with written description of the known world at the time and he writes Pillars of Hercules when describing the known areas back then.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#75    THAT GUY

THAT GUY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:53 AM

Aren't the ice sheets on Greenland over one hundred thousand years old?

HANSEL: So I'm repelling down Mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip, and I start to fall. Just falling, ahh ahh, I'll never forget the terror. When suddenly I realize "Holy ****, Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?"

DEREK: And?

HANSEL: And it was. I was totally fine. I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users