Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Here is the difference between orbs

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

There are many threads on here asking about orbs since they are so common. I have explained many times what real orbs look like in my opinion. My opinion may not be the same as yours, but any skeptical paranormal investigator would probably agree with me.

These are real orbs..taken at a haunted site in Indiana

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

These pictures below are not real orbs...

linked-image
This one is dust particles reflecting the camera flash. I know because it was staged and taken on purpose.

linked-image
This one is rain reflecting camera flash. I know because it was staged and taken on purpose.

I wanted to post these so any new people visiting this forum would know the difference between a bad photograph and a real piece of evidence. There are so many ways to get photographic anomalies when you use a flash around reflective objects it can sometimes be hard to tell the difference. Even a particle of dust can reflect light if it's close enough to your camera.

To be honest sometimes rain orbs can look so real they can fool even me (the rain orbs above look fairly real). The key to knowing if they are real is occasionally only known by the person who took the photos. As an example I know the first 3 I showed you are real because it wasn't raining when they were taken, and dust orbs do not glow in such a way. Rain orbs that look real are fairly rare though, and most of the time you can tell the difference between a fake orb and a real orb right away if you have a trained eye.

Edited by cpjason, 28 March 2008 - 09:00 PM.

Thatguy, international man of mystery.

#2    TheBloom

TheBloom

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

In all honesty I think even with a trained eye they look almost identical. I'm of two minds about orbs anyway.

#3    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

Thanks CP, great photos..JN- thumbsup.gif

#4    NoahJaymes

NoahJaymes

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

CP...the first few are moisture, and the last one before the fake ones is an insect....If you want to know why I think I know this I have over 150 experimental photos that LOOK IDENTICAL to those.

#5    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:39 PM

Even the top two dense orbs are probably not paranormal.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#6    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

CryWolf on Mar 28 2008, 07:11 PM, said:

CP...the first few are moisture, and the last one before the fake ones is an insect....If you want to know why I think I know this I have over 150 experimental photos that LOOK IDENTICAL to those.

We can debate if they are paranormal for sure but they are not moisture. Notice the trails behind them, they are moving upwards. If they were water drops the tails would be on top as gravity pulled the moisture toward the ground.

The shudder speed was set to normal, and there was very little humidity in the air. I also often wipe the lense of my camera before I take pictures. I am open to theories.

I am not a expert in photography, so there may be an explanation. Even the guys at TAPS believe these types of orbs are genuine as I have heard Grant talk about them before.

Edited by cpjason, 29 March 2008 - 01:16 AM.

#7    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:09 AM

cpjason on Mar 29 2008, 01:05 AM, said:

We can debate if they are paranormal for sure but they are not moisture. Notice the trails behind them, they are moving upwards. If they were water drops the tails would be on top as gravity pulled the moisture toward the ground.

The shudder speed was set to normal, and there was very little humidity in the air. I also often wipe the lense of my camera before I take pictures. I am open to theories.

I love the second one down. Some of those orbs are too cool, and IMO not pollen, dust or moisture. The color and location seem more consistent with paranormal..IMO...JN

#8    NoahJaymes

NoahJaymes

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:16 AM

and by what comparison is paranormal?  There is no comparison so how can one lean toward paranormal if there is no chart to distinguish?

#9    NoahJaymes

NoahJaymes

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

Also, as far as the trails being the way they are, if the area was moist and it is hot or humid outside, the moisture will rise causing such trails.  Doesn't have to be droplets.

#10    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:20 AM

CryWolf on Mar 28 2008, 09:16 PM, said:

and by what comparison is paranormal?  There is no comparison so how can one lean toward paranormal if there is no chart to distinguish?

You make a good point. From my perspective they are paranormal when I cannot explain them by normal means. That doesn't mean they are paranormal in truth, but I lack the skills to debunk them so you have genuine paranormal photos and ones that you believe are because you cannot disprove them personally.

The skeptic in me still wonders about them, as they were taken outdoors. Indoor photos are usually a much more controlled environment for good photography.

#11    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:39 AM

cpjason on Mar 28 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

Moisture goes upward.. not downward. Evaporated water moves upward, not downward..

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#12    New School Percussionist

New School Percussionist

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

• If you cannot prove something with physical evidence, you're wrong. If you accept something as a theory, that's a different story.

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:38 AM

im not very big on ghosts and demons and all the paranormal, so would someone like to explain to me what are orbs and what they symbolize? as well as anything else relevant?

"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider." -Harold Bloom

#13    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:45 AM

Orbs, some believe are spirits, or balls of spirit energy that's captured on film.

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#14    NoahJaymes

NoahJaymes

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:49 AM

However, moisture, dust, pollen, humidity, etc can cause such orbs.  Which tells you a lot about what people are working with.  Yet, people cling to this "orb phenomenon" like its "Jesus in a Bottle"

#15    New School Percussionist

New School Percussionist

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

• If you cannot prove something with physical evidence, you're wrong. If you accept something as a theory, that's a different story.

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:55 AM

i see, so its nothing threatening or dangerous at all?

"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider." -Harold Bloom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users