Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Military May Run Out Of Money

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:47 PM

Bush letting the army go broke until after November election

"The military will have no money to pay for the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan for three months beginning Oct. 1 because the White House is declining to ask Congress for funding until December or January, well after the presidential election... The fiscal year - the government's spending year - runs from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30 annually. Funds for 2004, therefore, run out Sept. 30, 2004... President Bush is not asking Congress for a 2005 supplemental until December or January, according to Pentagon comptroller Dov Zakheim. U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told reporters Tuesday the decision not to request a supplemental rested with the White House. He could not explain why the administration would allow a three-month gap in funding the war on terror, ostensibly its top priority."

Blurb by: Daily Rotten

Full Story: Military.com

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#2    geeohn

geeohn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• The truth is out there...I hope.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:40 AM

they can ask for more or the military can recruit criminals in jails.

#3    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:54 AM

the military can recruit criminals in jails.

Hopefully as cannon-foder.

Edited by Talon S., 13 February 2004 - 12:54 AM.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#4    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:22 AM

Or they can come home...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#5    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 13 February 2004 - 02:47 AM

Or they can come home...

And waste more tax payers money  tongue.gif  

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#6    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:02 AM

Forget the money. My cousin is over there right now.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#7    ScreaminEagle

ScreaminEagle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:51 AM

I voted for the man while I was serving my country. I think he is doing the job that his father couldn't back in the early 90's. I am very proud to have served under him. I fought in Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraq as CH-47D Chinook crewchief and got to hear him give speaches that the everyday joe schmo doesn't hear. He may not be the smartest man but he is a good war president and loves his country. That is what we needed after Sep. 11 or has everyone forgotten about that. I do not like the American casualties and some have been my close friends but there is a method to what we are doing and that is making the world a safer place.

Anybody that is anti-war should Removed pack up and move somewhere else Removed. Love it or leave it thumbsup.gif

Edited by Aslan, 13 February 2004 - 05:12 PM.

"I wouldn't recommend sex,drugs, or insanity for everyone but they've always worked for me." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

#8    mowo

mowo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:04 AM

Anybody that is anti-war should pack up and move somewhere else. Love it or leave it 

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE    HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Aslan, 13 February 2004 - 05:14 PM.

#9    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:38 AM

Is anyone else getting tired of this?  disgust.gif

ScreaminEagle you are welcome to your views, but chances are you are about to get your butt censored!!  disgust.gif

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#10    ScreaminEagle

ScreaminEagle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:26 PM

Censored for what? My patriotism? My First ammendment rights? That is what we are a democracy and we are the greatest nation in the world, bar none. If I offended anyone, I'm not sorry because I have that right. I'm offended that ur offended. Nancy-hippie! I'm also a veteran I have the right. Have you ever been to combat or do you just sit around drinkin tea and eatin crumpets all day?

Edited by ScreaminEagle, 13 February 2004 - 12:33 PM.

"I wouldn't recommend sex,drugs, or insanity for everyone but they've always worked for me." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

#11    ScreaminEagle

ScreaminEagle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Stamford @ Feb 13 2004, 05:38 AM)
Is anyone else getting tired of this?  disgust.gif

ScreaminEagle you are welcome to your views, but chances are you are about to get your butt censored!!  disgust.gif

I bet you just moved to England from France!

#12    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:36 PM

Censored for what? My patriotism? My First ammendment rights?

Nah, mate, just your use of the "F" word.

Have you ever been to combat or do you just sit around drinkin tea and eatin crumpets all day?

I love tea and crumpets!!  thumbsup.gif

I'm offended that ur offended. Nancy-hippie!

How did you know my name? Who blabbed?  whistling2.gif  

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#13    mowo

mowo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:47 PM

That is what we are a democracy and we are the greatest nation in the world, bar none.

I admire a well thought out impartial statement.

I'm also a veteran I have the right. Have you ever been to combat or do you just sit around drinkin tea and eatin crumpets all day?

Heres a novel idea; have you ever been to another country on holiday? You know, meet the locals, experience their culture, not run around shooting at them?

#14    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:51 PM

This one is my personal favourite:

If I offended anyone, I'm not sorry because I have that right.

Ahhhh, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!!!  wub.gif  

Jim Morrison

The Smiths

#15    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:06 PM

Censored for what? My patriotism? My First ammendment rights? That is what we are a democracy and we are the greatest nation in the world, bar none. If I offended anyone, I'm not sorry because I have that right. I'm offended that ur offended. Nancy-hippie! I'm also a veteran I have the right. Have you ever been to combat or do you just sit around drinkin tea and eatin crumpets all day?

I bet you just moved to England from France!

grin2.gif

Did u go to school?

LoL an they wonder why theres an anti-american sentiment all around the world.

So in your estimation we only have the right to have an opinion if we've been in combat?

Ok how is that democracy? ill give u a minute to think about that, it may hurt your head.

He may not be the smartest man but he is a good war president and loves his country

Makes me feel so much better that hes got his fingers on the button lol.

You you comments are bordering on the fascist..... oh but i forgot your all for democracy.

Now go to school an learn before offending every culture you can possibly think of, then come back.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users