Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is Psi?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:31 AM

AtheistGod on Apr 2 2008, 08:29 PM, said:

You claim to move solid objects by simply thinking about it among the claims like making people look around by sending them messages via telepathy.

Your claims are no less valid then the claims Electro makes. Therefor you have no right at all to call anyone on these boards out without making yourself look like an imbecile and hypocrite.

This is how it really is whether you think so or not.

Yes...But my claims are things that other people have claimed...Stuff, that isn't as disbelievable, such as flying..I meant no disrespect towards eelctro..Just an example...

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#17    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:38 AM

Heartagram3200 on Apr 2 2008, 07:31 PM, said:

Yes...But my claims are things that other people have claimed...Stuff, that isn't as disbelievable, such as flying..I meant no disrespect towards eelctro..Just an example...

Electro makes claims that everyone else has made before too.

Your claims are no more believable then his bottom line.

You can say you didn't mean any disrespect toward the guy but you called him crazy and tried to make an example out of him then cried foul you were getting picked on. Sorry but you can't wiggle your way out of this one.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#18    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:39 AM

And you mock every believer on here, and call them ALL crazy...I called one guy...Big diffrence

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#19    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:48 AM

Heartagram3200 on Apr 2 2008, 07:39 PM, said:

And you mock every believer on here, and call them ALL crazy...I called one guy...Big diffrence

Please find a post of mine where I make this claim. It will be difficult because I have never made this claim just offered my opinion.

You called one guy crazy for making similar claims that you make...

Turning the argument around on me won't make you look like any less of a hypocrite.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#20    signal7

signal7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

Sounds like some lost at Psi-Ops.  Great game, from what I hear.  Over 1 year old, some celebration of.

Most requested new move, outside the box...

Questions+EasyAnswers^2==Flop...
Ignorance is Bliss, but knowing is cause..

#21    Papaver

Papaver

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:01 AM

AngelOfMusic on Apr 2 2008, 11:35 PM, said:

Aaaaah brilliant!  I like it!  So you don't belong to a state?  As in the USA?  Or anywhere that has states?  Sorry, i'm very poor at geography, good job i didn't take it!

Angel x

No I mean the State with a capital "S" under this definition "the body politic as organized for civil rule and government".

I pay my taxes and do no harm to others.  So apart from that, I want the nanny State, the spying mistrusting State that I increasingly see encroaching into my every day life to back off and stay out of it.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

#22    eight bits

eight bits

• 7,630 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

No I mean the State with a capital "S" under this definition "the body politic as organized for civil rule and government".

Now you know why anarchy never caught in the otherwise libertarian United States. The anarchists would go on and on about the menace posed by the evil state, and nobody in their audience would see how anybody could be scared of Rhode Island.

Posted Image

#23    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

jay123 on Apr 1 2008, 05:53 PM, said:

So, in a Psions Opinion, what is Psi? And why is its only trick is to spin a wheel on a pin? surely moving a thin peice of paper across a desk takes just is much "Psi" energy or levitating somthing light?
And psi balls, If they can't effect anything, or be measured. How can you be sure theyre there?

I'm not taking a shot at anyone, just would like a straight answer original.gif

Word of advice. If you can't see it, can't feel it & can't measure it, chances are it ain't there. Follow this simple advice with all these mystical claims & you won't be drawn into a world of self delusion.  thumbsup.gif

P.S.
Same advice applies to U.F.Os, dragons, bigfoot, ghosts, nessie...etc, etc.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#24    MarkSteven

MarkSteven

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

do we really need to be bashing each other in every thread ag hg

Same advice applies to U.F.Os, dragons, bigfoot, ghosts, nessie...etc, etc.

actually, ufo's are real (unidentified flying objects) people see them all the time, if they see something flying and they don't know what it is it's a ufo

dragons are real (comodo dragon)

bigfoot, this new research that talks about a bigfoot type creature does live in the deep wilderness and researchers have evidence of it, however it might not be like the tall tales that we know so well.

ghosts (exist) but they don't call them ghosts, more like entities or spiritual beings.

nessie (now that's not real) in fact there is an interview of the person or people that made it up.

however this is april.

Warning:
anything that i say is based on my personal feeling of the topic at hand.
my opinion is mine and i'll try to be clear and to the point. i may be wrong, but that's my opinion.

This forum is called Unexplained-Mysteries, however some people think it should be called "Everything is provable with science"

check this - http://www.astralvoyage.com

#25    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

MarkSteven on Apr 3 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

do we really need to be bashing each other in every thread ag hg

actually, ufo's are real (unidentified flying objects) people see them all the time, if they see something flying and they don't know what it is it's a ufo

dragons are real (comodo dragon)

bigfoot, this new research that talks about a bigfoot type creature does live in the deep wilderness and researchers have evidence of it, however it might not be like the tall tales that we know so well.

ghosts (exist) but they don't call them ghosts, more like entities or spiritual beings.

nessie (now that's not real) in fact there is an interview of the person or people that made it up.

however this is april.

FINALLY! An answer to all these mysteries! Sauruman, you can close down this board now. Mark answered all the questions. See above post for details.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#26    eight bits

eight bits

• 7,630 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

FINALLY! An answer to all these mysteries! Sauruman, you can close down this board now. Mark answered all the questions.

Not so fast. Why, in the United States, do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog rolls come in packages of 8?

Posted Image

#27    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

eight bits on Apr 3 2008, 02:00 PM, said:

Not so fast. Why, in the United States, do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog rolls come in packages of 8?

Well, I will try and answer this one!

Historically, buns have been sold in packages of six or 12 because bakers deal in dozens, while hot dogs vendors deal in pounds, with eight franks to a pound. In what has been dubbed the "piece treaty," Vienna Beef and S. Rosen have agreed to market eight-count packages of their respective products, and are cross-merchandising them in stores.

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#28    AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Super Duper effort there, pal.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

You know, i have been pondering that question since birth...wow, it's not as rewarding to find out as i'd thought it'd be.

Angel x

You'll give your love to me, for love is blind.

The phantom of the opera is now, your mastermind

#29    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:05 PM

eight bits on Apr 3 2008, 01:00 PM, said:

Damn, you had me for a second but Moro answered it.

Guess this sites traffic will drop to about 3 skeptics and one kid that swears he can move a piece of paper that weighs one tenth of a gram with his mind...

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#30    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

eqgumby on Apr 3 2008, 06:05 PM, said:

Damn, you had me for a second but Moro answered it.

Guess this sites traffic will drop to about 3 skeptics and one kid that swears he can move a piece of paper that weighs one tenth of a gram with his mind...

It's infallible eggumby! Anyone can move that paper wheel by just looking at it funny.  huh.gif  lol

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users