Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

emotional connection to a different era

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1    telirium

telirium

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

okay this might sound weird but i have strong emotional connections to the past and i don't know why. for instance, i feel most strongly about the early to mid 1800s. everytime i see or read anything related to this particular era i feel nostalgic. weird i know. i love everything about this era. the clothes, the housing, the still undiscovered landscape, etc. i also feel nostalgic with the mid to late 1700s. but i cannot stand anything after 1910 and i especially hate the 50s, 60s and 70s. samething with those eras with the lifestyles, clothing, housing. is this normal and does anybody else get connections to the past like this?

Edited by telirium, 04 April 2008 - 01:29 AM.

a child's rhyme stuck in my head...

#2    PryOpenUr3rdEye

PryOpenUr3rdEye

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• You see things, and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were, and say "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:40 AM

I have a strange connection to feudal japan, I don't know why, but I love almost everything about that era...and just cuz ninjas are so sweet.

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder, then one closed by belief"
-Gerry Spence

#3    Thisisnotmyname

Thisisnotmyname

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:57 AM

Yeah, kinda... I have a fascination with ancient Egypt, it seems...

#4    Asphodel

Asphodel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

• "I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!" -Lestat de Lioncourt ;-)

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:07 AM

I primarily feel attached to the 1960s (England), 1910s (America), 1800-10s (France), and 1770s (France). I feel attached to the Elizabethan period (England), high renaissance (Italy), and ancient Greece as well, but to a slightly lesser extent. It probably sounds ridiculous, all those years. A lot of my interests and preferences reflect those particular years.
The 1960s gives me a sense of interest and of youthful belonging.
The 1910s gives me a bittersweet feeling.
I love the 1800-10s, and the 1770s. They feel very "me". If you knew me, you'd understand.
^^^ I love furniture, fashion, music, and lifestyle from all of the above. I enjoy the art to an extent. I don't like much of the art from the 60s.
I doubt my interests/attachments mean anything, though.

Are anyones periods of interest linked to nations?

Edited by Asphodel, 04 April 2008 - 03:10 AM.

Asphodelus ramosus
-White Asphodel-
-Food For The Dead-

~Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me~

#5    Dayne

Dayne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:25 AM

I think that's pretty common.  Almost everyone I speak to feels some sort of draw to another era.  Why?  Who knows, wishful thinking, past life memories, could be almost anything or different reasons depending on the person.

#6    sensitivetyper

sensitivetyper

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• i hold only one piece of the puzzle . without you i just wont get the pitcher - me

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

Definatly 1910 to 1947 . pretty sure i was a physician in ww2 , so that being said , probably because i was there .

#7    Gunmunky

Gunmunky

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

I love the Roman empire

LoL DONTEATUS

#8    The Maharaja

The Maharaja

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• If you let life dictate to you it will kick you every time if you dictate to it it will salute you and call you sir

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

Why do you like your favourite tv show or band you do because it strikes a cord within you and its the same thing here
its got nothing to do with past lives oh and i like ancient asia best

#9    Aries1982

Aries1982

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:31 PM

I feel a nostaligic connection to Vincent Van Gogh's painting, as if what he painted i've seen before. I love the feeling.

It's so damn Hot! Milk was a bad choice..

#10    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

I think it's pretty common and not paranormal at all... It's a matter of taste I suppose.  I can feel "connected" to almost every era, if I think enough about it. On the other hand, I was never too fascinated by times and places... But yeah...it's nice to think about it.

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#11    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

There are a few eras attached to different places I feel attached to, or nostalgic over.  I feel in some of those cases it's a past life thing.  In others, just because I thought that time must have been pretty cool.  I wouldn't necessarily say it MEANS it's a past life thing.  Could simply be what Dayne said.

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#12    Asphodel

Asphodel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

• "I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!" -Lestat de Lioncourt ;-)

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:17 AM

I suppose it could be caused by past lives, but for me its likely that these are just eras I would especially enjoy. You never know, though.

Asphodelus ramosus
-White Asphodel-
-Food For The Dead-

~Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me~

#13    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

Well, as with everything, you come to a point where it's beyond normal, your fascination or even knowledge of the time/place.  Simply enjoying learning/reading/fantacizing about a time and place is fairly normal I'd assume.  When it gets to where you're recalling actual events that you've not read about in very vivid detail, or can list dresses in your closet from that time, it starts to become a bit strange. laugh.gif

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#14    iain c

iain c

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

• belief is 9/10ths of the law

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

i feel really at home in the late 1960s,i mean this started roughly when i was age six till now (39)  when i see or even inside houses or buildings ,im there back in time,needless to say that i listen to and dress in 60s gear,i love it -it keeps me sane,especialy nowadays when it seems that hardly no one has any real respect for each other,or even themselves.ive often wondered if ive been reborn?  here lies the dilema...if i could go back would i want to??people often tell me that britain in the 60s was pretty awful(well for most part of the country) and that the 'swinging' london scene was just a load of hyped up commercial  bull...hence the backlash and introduction of the skinhead movement.I think that i would go back,if only to get clothes and records....ohhhhh now that would be heaven  original.gif

forteanc

#15    chewlip

chewlip

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

• BLAMMO!

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

I would say "my times" are... Ancient greece, The tudor period and the 1920/30's.

Visit my website Ginger Comics

`At any rate I'll never go THERE again!' said Alice as she picked her way through the wood. `It's the stupidest tea-party I ever was at in all my life!'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users