Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

emotional connection to a different era

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31    Lady_Boleyn

Lady_Boleyn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• In My End Is My Beginning...

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

I feel very connected to the Middle Ages, Tudor Times, and the American Civil War/Late 1800's. Also the Texas Revolution, but that could be the fact I had several relatives involved in it personally, and they knew Sam Houston and such.

How I wish I was Anne Boleyn in a past life... original.gif

#32    Justself

Justself

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:07 AM

Lady_Boleyn on May 4 2008, 04:14 PM, said:

I feel very connected to the Middle Ages, Tudor Times, and the American Civil War/Late 1800's. Also the Texas Revolution, but that could be the fact I had several relatives involved in it personally, and they knew Sam Houston and such.

How I wish I was Anne Boleyn in a past life... original.gif

Did anyone see the path finder thats how I feel like when I go hiking and my minds goes there to the past right before any white men came here
I can sense the natives and can feel thier energy.
I can see in my mind how this country was then with no roads just mountains and woods stream rivers animals
How it would have to see it all. (sigh).

#33    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

Ancient Rome, and specifically under the rule of Nero.

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#34    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:37 AM

I wonder what song he played as Rome burned?

#35    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

I don't know, "momma, I'm coming home?"

#36    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:52 AM

I think he played this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw0TikGmVz4

#37    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:06 AM

WOW, my goodness. that's awesome. I added that to my favorites, amf.

#38    LIGhostChick

LIGhostChick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

Since I can remember I've felt a very very strong connection to ancient Egypt. Since I was a very young child something about that time drew me in. When I got older, I had a "psychic", or so they claimed, but they told me that I was some kind of Egyptian royalty in my past life. They knew nothing about me & I thought that was very strange that they said that. Everything about that era makes me feel happy & like I've known it all my life.

#39    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

I think these connections to the past are very real, it shows sometimes how long certain people have lived. It also makes a more intresting point have you ever noticed certain styles that go in and out with the public from the 70s bell bottoms to acient hairclips that are so trendy!

How can it be that the population seems to shift back now and then and in certain places, makes you think were everyone has been haha.  Everyone may feel a different attachment due to living different lives at one time and not being conciously aware of it. Only later being 'awakened' to this from objects that you touch, objects preserve energy (which most forget) and thus bring back memories.

Make sure that in your past lives you are not some 'noble' 'high' being because the chance of that is actually not common, and evil spirits can be trying to relive through you by creating something larger than life inside your head...so be careful when thinking your some king or queen from any era, hence trying to find it out by yourself and not from other 'pyschics'.

Edited by puridalan, 06 June 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#40    samz ish magical x

samz ish magical x

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

• Designer skyline in my head, abstract and still well-read. [Designer Skyline by Owl City.]

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

Well, when I was younger, I had dreams about France. It was probably the 1500s or 1600s [?]. Anyway, I feel a connection with that era.
- samz ish magical x

Sammy :]

#41    Asteroth

Asteroth

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:34 PM

It's all a matter of taste and interpetation. Ancient Rome, the Middle Ages, ancient Asia and the Renaissance appeal to me. The reason for that are the history lessons I've got, movies I've watched, stories I've heard and information I've gathered. From there on out, one's morals, values and taste come into play and the way one sees himself in that era. In Ancient Rome I would be an emperor or a prestiges member of the senat, in the Middle Ages I would be royalty or a brave knight and so on would I be rich, powerfull, in peace and happy in every era. We allways completly forget about the poverty, poor healthcare, poor hygiene, constant state of fear for Hell because of the church of that time, fear of being prosicuted as a witch or devil worshipper, a life expectency of 50 and the inconvience of the technology we would miss.

In reality most of us wouldn't want to live in that particular era. But that's the good thing about dreaming and fantasysing - we see only the postives.

#42    Odin11

Odin11

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

telirium on Apr 3 2008, 09:28 PM, said:

okay this might sound weird but i have strong emotional connections to the past and i don't know why. for instance, i feel most strongly about the early to mid 1800s. everytime i see or read anything related to this particular era i feel nostalgic. weird i know. i love everything about this era. the clothes, the housing, the still undiscovered landscape, etc. i also feel nostalgic with the mid to late 1700s. but i cannot stand anything after 1910 and i especially hate the 50s, 60s and 70s. samething with those eras with the lifestyles, clothing, housing. is this normal and does anybody else get connections to the past like this?

I know just how you feel.
I have a strong emotional connection to The Viking Age, 700 to 1066 and also to The Golden Age of Piracy, 1650s to 1720s. But itís stronger in The Viking Age. When I was in high school my friend and I where nothing less then Norse, we believed in Odin, Thor, all of the gods. My friend even has a hŲrgr (an altar made of piled stones) on the land that his family owns. When we where in the 11th and 12th grades I grew my beard (which to my delight was reddish) and braided it in two with silver wire in it. When people who didnít know me talked about me and someone didnít know my name they called me ďThe Viking.Ē I donít believe in the gods now, but I still long to live in that era.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#43    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:41 AM

I know when I've been somewhere before in a 'past live' or whatever you want to call it because everything feels 'right'. Now what do I mean by 'right'? The 'right' is a feeling in which you do not have to question yourself, a rare feeling most will never feel before death. I got this feeling when I was skimming over Native American picture of an open field and automatically I felt like I had lived there forever, not in some amazing civilization, no I had just lived.

I didn't question, because I lived in that time, I knew no words for places because our people did not have names for boundaries because we did not believe in that, until people started coming over from Europe. (I remember that I felt a strong sense of hatred for no reason when they put names on the land...sounds silly but true) Now I am not sure if I was alive at that time, but I know I was alive before they had come over here because words were of different meaning. Till this day I have extreme trouble with names of places and I believe it is due to this tradition that has carried on, the sense of how it was and should be. People have told me that I think too deeply and that is causes some destruction, especially for my age. Anywho back to what I was saying that a country should not be divided by a name, stating it's pride, because the name holds nothing but hot air.  It is not just an attachment or fancy to the 60s or that really cool pike, no it's knowing what your morals and innermost thoughts are carried with you through each time and never forgotten. Some say it is easy to forget, but somehow I find that far from the truth.

#44    The Wise Raven

The Wise Raven

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

• "Do not meddle in the affairs of nerds, for we are creatively violent and get away with everything."

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

I adore anchient Egypt and the Egyptian Times...no idea why (I used to excell in it at school too but people bullied me and called me Tutankarmoonjot *My names Amanjot* so I stopped eversince and never touched on the subject again)

Posted Image

#45    Breakbeat

Breakbeat

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

i feel like i should have been born in the 18th century, i'm a man of romanticism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users