Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Levitating African Shaman

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

Interesting piece of work here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW6pVFOpE6Q

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#2    AllP0werToSlaves

AllP0werToSlaves

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• Nailed in your chair, you're living dismally...

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

If this is real, then it's completely nuts. But, I have a sneaking suspicion that it has to be night for a reason. Possibly wires? I don't know, I couldn't really see anything form the side angle because there were so many shadows. Awesome video though.

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools, shown in the media, or proclaimed by the church and state. Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance, taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality, a collective dream in which values are inverted, lies are taken as truth, and tyranny is accepted as security. They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity"-Thomas Cox

#3    kraken

kraken

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

• With Power comes Cowardice

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

LoL, this is obviously just a bit of jiggery pokery, and by no means evidence of actual levitation wink2.gif

#4    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

The obvious signs of him having to keep his balance while he is in the air is enough to say
that there is some kind of trick to it. The rest is just for show.

Regards,
Tom

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#5    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:21 PM

Well...If you were levitating, dont you think you would be off balance? Nothing is holdin u upp...

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#6    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

Heartagram3200 on Apr 4 2008, 07:21 PM, said:

Well...If you were levitating, dont you think you would be off balance? Nothing is holdin u upp...

How would I know? I cannot levitate. Nor' have I seen anyone who can that can tell me what it's like.

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#7    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:41 AM

Maybe I'm just naive, but Kris Angel may have a reason to use wires.. has a reason to prop such a thing..has an agenda!  The thing I can't  seem to get over is what in heck does a no name shaman have to gain by such fancy footwork.. dunno, people!

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#8    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:26 AM

Shankpin on Apr 5 2008, 05:41 AM, said:

Maybe I'm just naive, but Kris Angel may have a reason to use wires.. has a reason to prop such a thing..has an agenda!  The thing I can't  seem to get over is what in heck does a no name shaman have to gain by such fancy footwork.. dunno, people!

Considering people do that in several Countries, I think its real. This guy is NOT in it for the money, thats for sure..Thanks for sharing..JN

#9    eight bits

eight bits

• 5,997 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

He is in it for what purveyors of fake signs and wonders have been in it for since the beginning of humanity: power, influence, and control over his fellows.

Money is a modern convenience by which PI&C may be hoarded for later use, but it is a means, not an end. If you have the real thing, then you needn't worry about money. You can always cadge some off of your victims should the need arise.

Posted Image

#10    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

Heartagram3200 on Apr 4 2008, 06:21 PM, said:

You wouldn't need to have any balance because you wouldn't be worried about falling off anything.

How can be off balance when you aren't balancing on anything? You can't...

Video seems pretty hoaky to me.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#11    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

AtheistGod on Apr 5 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

You wouldn't need to have any balance because you wouldn't be worried about falling off anything.

Maybe you won't need balance if you are sure to be hanging there. But I would be afraid of hanging upside down. Weather I will fall or not. Well you can be off balance if not balancing on anything. Like for example non gravity areas? Space and the like? Don't people there have to try to keep straight?

#12    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• 1,318 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:34 PM

Shankpin on Apr 4 2008, 11:41 PM, said:

Yea, Me agree...

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#13    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• 1,318 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

AtheistGod on Apr 5 2008, 08:40 AM, said:

Since you're in the air, you could fall downwards...

#14    Mahtu

Mahtu

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Ride the wind.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:45 PM

Does anybody else notice the little flash that comes off of his right hand?  It uncannily looks like an electric spark or little bolt or something.

I won't stomp on your dreams as long as you don't stomp on my reality.

#15    AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Super Duper effort there, pal.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

Hmmmm, i'm in two minds.  I couldn't really see any wires or anything, but it was night.  I think it is real, because the look on his face was like, pure concentration.  And i don't think he'd be in it for the money, because he's an african shaman, i doubt he'd need any publicity, and stuff like that.

Still, there is some doubt.

Angel x

You'll give your love to me, for love is blind.

The phantom of the opera is now, your mastermind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users