Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Levitating African Shaman

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Cyrhax

Cyrhax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:08 AM

another vid of a levitating guy

http://www.myvideo.nl/watch/3508522

I think it's possible to levitate. this vid is from the new uri geller show.

If I made ANY english mistakes in my post please correct them, you never stop learning.
Why correct them? Because I'm 15 and still have english as a subject at school
"Energy flows wherever attention goes."
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." Robert Monroe

#17    Guyver

Guyver

Poltergeist

• 3,242 posts

• Then I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.
    Ecclesiastes

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

I don't think that the first one is real.  Haven't watched the second.  I know there are reports of levitations in vodoo ceremonies.  One I thought was somewhat convincing was on Ripley's believe it or not, must have been twenty five years ago.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

#18    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

Cyrhax on Apr 7 2008, 01:08 AM, said:

another vid of a levitating guy

http://www.myvideo.nl/watch/3508522

I think it's possible to levitate. this vid is from the new uri geller show.

That one loosk fake...Jus the fatc that it is more of a magic show than a true psychic demonstration...Like, he does fire eating, thing through the toungue...He's levitating next to his chair for gods sake...Doesnt seem very real...

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#19    Mahtu

Mahtu

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Ride the wind.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

yeah, i mean the guy's a magician and it's his job to fool us into believing that he is levitating.  It's what he gets paid for.  Every other famous magician in the world does a levitation trick.  My friend Jordan can even do a couple of them and he's only been practicing illusion for 2 years.

But that shaman has nothing to gain and I think it's strange that there happened to be intense winds and what looks like a spark coming off of his hand.

Edited by Mahtu, 07 April 2008 - 07:58 PM.

I won't stomp on your dreams as long as you don't stomp on my reality.

#20    poopr-man

poopr-man

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• "Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart"

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

Mahtu on Apr 7 2008, 07:57 PM, said:

yeah, i mean the guy's a magician and it's his job to fool us into believing that he is levitating.  It's what he gets paid for.  Every other famous magician in the world does a levitation trick.  My friend Jordan can even do a couple of them and he's only been practicing illusion for 2 years.

But that shaman has nothing to gain and I think it's strange that there happened to be intense winds and what looks like a spark coming off of his hand.

i watch it a bunch and still don't know if i believe it but i haven't seen a spark of any sort.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,856 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

"Shaman" is the world's second oldest profession. There are so many traditions, in so many different times and places, that anything you care to say "shamanism" will be true of some traditions.

So, what the phrase "world's second oldest profession" connotes applies to some, too.

Often, trickery and fraud is rationalized with bullticky like "I have genuine mystical stature, but it is subtle and people do not immediately understand such things, so I do these little tricks, which they do understand. It is for their benefit, not mine."

Uri Geller said something similar on one of the occasions he was caught faking something or other (hard to keep track, he has faked so many things for so many years).

As to "nothing to gain," everything is relative. Throughout much of the world, having an enclosure around your very own cesspit is a luxury worth struggling for. That this gentleman lacks the ambition and organizational skills of Benny Hinn does not make his flimflammery any more authentic.

Besides, as the video shows, the dude is making his move. There's porcelain for the cesspit in his future, for sure.

Posted Image

#22    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:35 PM

Mahtu on Apr 7 2008, 03:57 PM, said:

Yea, I can do a levitation trick too...Really easy...

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#23    Mahtu

Mahtu

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Ride the wind.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

poopr-man on Apr 8 2008, 02:53 AM, said:

i watch it a bunch and still don't know if i believe it but i haven't seen a spark of any sort.

Watch his right (not your right) hand really closely the whole time he's levitating.  I don't know, maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, but I see it every time I watch the vid.

I won't stomp on your dreams as long as you don't stomp on my reality.

#24    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,810 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

JustNormal on Apr 5 2008, 03:26 PM, said:

Considering people do that in several Countries, I think its real. This guy is NOT in it for the money, thats for sure..Thanks for sharing..JN

hes in it for tribe control

#25    Im-postle-able

Im-postle-able

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:27 PM

Wow... i can't believe how many people think it's real... it's an overused levitation trick that magicians have been using for ages!

Notice the cameraman from the side angle NEVER points the camera at his mid section? When he it looking at his feet then the camera shifts to his face the cameraman moves the camera in a wide arc out in-front of the guy so as to not show his middle section.

There is a pole coming out from the palm tree just behind him, if you watch the movements of his balancing it would suggest that he is simply balancing on the pole with it between his legs.. kinda sitting on it. The pole would have a bunch of guys on the other end to lift him up & down in a simple lever action.

Simple trick, no supernatural explanation.. The cameraman on the side gives the trick away with what he avoids showing us at all costs..

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?” - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#26    crtDzyn

crtDzyn

Bills • Sabres • Buffalo

• 4,222 posts

• Get to da choppa

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:29 AM

Im-postle-able on Apr 8 2008, 07:27 PM, said:

Wow... i can't believe how many people think it's real... it's an overused levitation trick that magicians have been using for ages!

Notice the cameraman from the side angle NEVER points the camera at his mid section? When he it looking at his feet then the camera shifts to his face the cameraman moves the camera in a wide arc out in-front of the guy so as to not show his middle section.

There is a pole coming out from the palm tree just behind him, if you watch the movements of his balancing it would suggest that he is simply balancing on the pole with it between his legs.. kinda sitting on it. The pole would have a bunch of guys on the other end to lift him up & down in a simple lever action.

Simple trick, no supernatural explanation.. The cameraman on the side gives the trick away with what he avoids showing us at all costs..

Exactly!  That's what I was going to say... it's really so obvious that I was laughing while I watched this.  It's blatantly clear that he's balancing on his midsection and the second camera man truely gives it away without any shred of doubt!!

It's so fake lol

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users