Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

multiple dimensions

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

Trying to look at the different dimensions as a whole is extremely difficult because we only understand the 3rd dimension really.  Thinking about every other dimension is only going to be stretched out across the third because we have a third dimensional way of looking at it.  Every dimensions is concentrated to a point in the 4th dimension.  That is our reality.  How each dimension acts is irrelevant because you only need to worry about the 3rd's effect in the 4th now EXCEPT for when your talking about the future or different possibilities of the future because nothing is limited there, worrying about the past doesn't matter because anything that changes in the past changes where you are now anyways.  The creation of this universe somehow limited everything to space-time.  Before this universe was along I believe we existed in a maybe eleven dimensional plane where time is incorporated within the 11 dimensions (which is why we run into problems when we try and run back TO the eleventh dimension via backtracking through the universe's history because we literally have nowhere to go after we get to the point in the big bang because it folds out into 11 dimensions. (Btw, not actually sure about the 11 dimensions thing, just going on string theory.)

That was extremely badly explained for how I view it and apologise tongue.gif.  If you're really curious I can try and elaborate more.

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#17    Ironvos

Ironvos

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

It just doesnt all logically make sense.
I can understand their vision of our universe being part of a fourth dimension
not talking about time, but a 4th spacial dimension.
f which the third is a projection of the fourth dimension
Just as a 2 dimensional thing is part of our world in the third dimension.

But they say theres like 6 dimensions curled up into a tiny size somewhere where the strings are located.
But how can a dimension occupy space in another dimension?.
The second dimension occupies no space in the third dimension, since it has no thickness.
And all of the second dimension is part of the third dimension.
That would mean all of the Third dimension is in the 4th dimension.
And all of the fourth is part of the 5th.

They make it look as if the 6 other dimensions would part of the third.
Just doesnt sit right with me.

Edited by Ironvos, 10 April 2008 - 01:16 PM.

#18    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

Ironvos on Apr 10 2008, 11:14 PM, said:

It just doesnt all logically make sense.
I can understand their vision of our universe being part of a fourth dimension
not talking about time, but a 4th spacial dimension.
f which the third is a projection of the fourth dimension
Just as a 2 dimensional thing is part of our world in the third dimension.

But they say theres like 6 dimensions curled up into a tiny size somewhere where the strings are located.
But how can a dimension occupy space in another dimension?.
The second dimension occupies no space in the third dimension, since it has no thickness.
And all of the second dimension is part of the third dimension.
That would mean all of the Third dimension is in the 4th dimension.
And all of the fourth is part of the 5th.

They make it look as if the 6 other dimensions would part of the third.
Just doesnt sit right with me.

You have to understand that just because you have a whole other dimension doesn't mean that it has to be completely part of that dimension.  You can have a string going on for infinity touching a 2x2 m 2d plane at the smallest point.  I think this is similiarly what happens to the other dimensions projected onto the third.  The forces of this universe limits the possibilities of the other dimensions.

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#19    ElOne

ElOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:35 AM

muddyfrog on Apr 8 2008, 11:34 PM, said:

original.gif

I completely agree.

I agree with muddyfrog.  They are virtual dimensions used in equations to overcome anomalies and unknowns.  Without them the ‘what ifs‘ would stall and theoretical physics would come to a halt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users