Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

The strongest love iv ever felt, in a dream.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16    Sporkling

Sporkling

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

I do believe that this is because our minds know what type of people we like. And puts them into our dreams thats why we prefer those people in our dreams to the people in real life.

#17    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:06 AM

bleedingelite on Apr 7 2008, 11:03 PM, said:

That sweet melancholy born from the memory of a girl in a dream is one of the most powerful artistic forces out there. I'd suggest you try using that feeling to inspire a poem or a story or a painting, whatever.

You'll never find a girl in real life to rival the ones in your dreams, and that in itself is the tragedy.

I have done art based on how i feel about my life, it was a while ago but its still a heart with a whole in it.

Sporkling on Apr 8 2008, 08:24 PM, said:

I do believe that this is because our minds know what type of people we like. And puts them into our dreams thats why we prefer those people in our dreams to the people in real life.

I have started to think its more of a learning expirience.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#18    AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Super Duper effort there, pal.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

Blueguardian on Apr 8 2008, 11:16 AM, said:

Kinda funny how we are falling in love with figments of our imagination, when I get more time eg; the weekend, I think i shall look into this more, try and get an idea of how common this is. It is a weird situation to be in, the feelings feel strong, as far as you know unless you become lucid, everything around you is real.

I just had a thought, maybe we are falling in love with ourselves which isnt that far fetched, my dream girl was like me and i see myself as being just a guy with excema, i have less confidence in anything because of it, maybe my mind created this dream girl as my cousin in contrast to me having excema.

Angel your falling for a guy who seems to be similar to yourself, put yourself in his shoes, the way he felt is similar to the way your feeling about him now. He was obsessed with you and now your getting a bit obsessed with him.

I'm not sure if i'm making any sense to anyone else but to me it's kinda making sense. Either way i guess this is really quite weird.

Yeah, i'm kind of obsessed with obsession (if that makes sense) so maybe thats it, and you do make sense to me!

Angel x

You'll give your love to me, for love is blind.

The phantom of the opera is now, your mastermind

#19    tgan3

tgan3

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:17 PM

In your dream the girl was your cousin, and in reality the gal doesnt like u in that way. This signifies barriers to get to know the gal, but after an ordeal you will be close to her and she is the one for you.

#20    bleedingelite

bleedingelite

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

tgan3 on Apr 9 2008, 01:17 PM, said:

In your dream the girl was your cousin, and in reality the gal doesnt like u in that way. This signifies barriers to get to know the gal, but after an ordeal you will be close to her and she is the one for you.

No, that's not how dreams work. The dream's meaning could be anything. It could be that you just feel lonely, or that you have the hots for a family member. It could mean you ate too much protein for dinner. Who knows? Instead of trying to find some kind of cryptic prediction, just enjoy the dream for what it was.

#21    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

I had a dream once where I was in love and happy.  I literally cried when I woke.  Not that I need a boo hoo parade, but the feeling was intense.

#22    Sun_Shine11

Sun_Shine11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

We dream about things that are missing in our waking life...it's the minds way of making up for things we need.

I dream about travelling -just last night I had a dream I went to London, England (not my first choice btw) and stood benenth Big Ben..lol

I need a vacation right now, hence the obsession. What your heart aches for shall manifest in your dreams. It's Freudian.

#23    AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

Sooooo...i need someone to be obsessed with me?  Or i need a big fat lovin?  I do like that idea, its just a shame that they're in dreams, not reality.

Angel x

#24    Im-postle-able

Im-postle-able

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:15 AM

AngelOfMusic on Apr 10 2008, 06:21 AM, said:

Sooooo...i need someone to be obsessed with me?  Or i need a big fat lovin?  I do like that idea, its just a shame that they're in dreams, not reality.

Angel x

Dream obsession is always so much better than real obsession... Last night i had a really full on dream about this girl i met randomly, sparks flying etc (red heads! *sigh*).. nothing happened cos i was always feeling guilty about thinking what i was when i'm engaged.. very vivid feelings and thoughts..

RE: original topic.. i don't think dreams MEAN anything outside our brains doing some exercise while we sleep. The situations we experience while asleep & how we react to them could be "training" us for RL. There have been studies done on sleep deprivation being linked to reduced instinctual knowledge.

Charlatans and Mystics (double positive?) will try to sell you a story about your dreams predicting the future or revealing your subconscious, however i wouldn't give any serious consideration to these interpretations. Your brain is an incredibly powerful and complex sensory interpretation and generating device.. while we sleep it takes our basic thoughts or physical feelings & makes a little story with it.. nothing more...

A person in a sensory deprived situation (pitch back room, no noise etc) any person will very quickly start having vivid visual and auditory halucinations.. again.. just our brain trying to give us something t work with when it has no idea whats going on...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?” - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#25    AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

fair dos...

I'd like to see this guy again in my dreams, preferably in a lucid so i could say what i want to him.

Angel x

P.S.  To Sun_Shine, what's so bad about London, eh?  It's my favourite place, apart from Australia, and for some reason, Estonia...

Edited by AngelOfMusic, 10 April 2008 - 05:24 PM.

#26    Sun_Shine11

Sun_Shine11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

AngelOfMusic on Apr 10 2008, 01:22 PM, said:

fair dos...

I'd like to see this guy again in my dreams, preferably in a lucid so i could say what i want to him.

Angel x

P.S.  To Sun_Shine, what's so bad about London, eh?  It's my favourite place, apart from Australia, and for some reason, Estonia...

-nothing is wrong with London Angel. I want to go there someday it's just not my first choice..I want to go to Paris, the South of France and Spain first...so it's weird that I would dream about going there and how I sat & stared up at Big Ben-lol. blink.gif...I don't even think about that place.

Edited by Sun_Shine11, 10 April 2008 - 07:09 PM.

#27    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:44 AM

bleedingelite on Apr 10 2008, 03:21 AM, said:

No, that's not how dreams work. The dream's meaning could be anything. It could be that you just feel lonely, or that you have the hots for a family member. It could mean you ate too much protein for dinner. Who knows? Instead of trying to find some kind of cryptic prediction, just enjoy the dream for what it was.

or that you have the hots for a family member i think we can cross that one out lol, I guess I should enjoy it.

I had another terrible nightmare last night woke up crying (not something I usually do). First I dreamt that i was in an apartment overlooking a city, with my dad, it was a big room with a massive window, modern style, I was looking out the window and i noticed there was a storm and clouds, then some weird red/purple ones seemed to appear and fade in different places, I watched and saw a hurricane form within a matter of seconds it destroyed a huge building, looked like a skyscraper, I remember saying something like "people just died in that building didn't they". Then the dream changed I don't have really good recall about it but I dreamt one of my best friends had died, its damn heartbreaking, stupid dream, its annoying that i just cant tell the difference between it and reality. Anyway the dream changed again and i was sitting in a car with a broken door that wouldn't shut, I have no idea but at this point why I became lucid, "i can remember thinking, "I'm in a dream again", "got to relax, cant let heart rate rise" I didn't want to wake up, anyway I decided to fly, (great for getting the heart rate down, yeah right). I flew up a bit then I woke up. Not for long though, fell asleep again to dream yet again. This time I dreamt that my sister died, I couldn't believe it. I had a feeling that she was still alive, then it got weird her bf showed up and apparently he could turn into a bird, he was apparently with her just before she died, apparently she died due to a nuke being dropped on a city they were in, like there was a war and a country attacked another one. After that i was looking for her still not thinking she was dead, I don't think i wanted to come to terms with the fact that she was in the dream, then some witch showed up and she took the form of my sister, but I realised because she was pretty dumb, anyway she appeared a few times, she also had the ability to transform into a cat, a black one I think. Another few scene changes and I ended up at school, I was walking and was believing my sister had died (I care about my friends and family a lot). I was walking past people from my school and i started to cry, then one of my friends tried to talk to me and i kept walking. I woke up with tears in my eyes and a relief that it was all just a dream.

It's funny I think i mentioned in my original post I hardly ever have nightmares and now I seem to be having a heap sad.gif.
I have no idea hy but I hope they stop soon.

Edited by Blueguardian, 12 April 2008 - 01:46 AM.

Posted Image

#28    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:33 AM

I don't think i've ever had a love dream in my life...  unsure.gif

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#29    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

Shankpin on Apr 12 2008, 12:33 PM, said:

I don't think i've ever had a love dream in my life...  unsure.gif

How is your dream recall? There's a good chance you've had on, but you just cant remember it.

Posted Image

#30    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

Hi Blueguardian...From reading your posts, you sound as if you have a very low self esteem, and I hope that's not true... original.gif First of all, start to like yourself, look at all your good points and focus on them, (especially with the ladies)....and don't give up.  True love comes in many different ways and your young yet...As to your nightmares, have you been under any unusual stress lately, for example with school, friends, family...I don't know if you watch or read scary books and movies, before sleep, but if you do, sub-consciously this could be affecting you...Also watch what you eat before bed...Certain foods trigger the mind to act up....Just a few hints, but you sound like a good kid, so start looking out for  yourself, and write up a dream journal...This always helps for follow-ups...Good luck... original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users