Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient Asian stone disks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    ScreaminEagle

ScreaminEagle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:03 AM

Has anyone ever heard of these before? I found a link at www.crystalinks.com that speaks of them being discovered next to a burial site of tiny, frail looking humanoids with oversized heads alien.gif . The disks had a hole in the center and had writing spiraling outwards from the center. It took 20 yrs. to encode the writings that told of a race that crashed and were hunted due to there odd appearances. I thought this was very cool!!

"I wouldn't recommend sex,drugs, or insanity for everyone but they've always worked for me." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

#2    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:18 AM

Yep, the dropa disks, here is more information at this site:

Link

and this one:

Link 2

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#3    ScreaminEagle

ScreaminEagle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:51 AM

Dude, awesome link!! I really enjoyed the pic of the Dropa ruling couple. I wonder if there are any more recent photos of the race and if there any pics of the burial site found in the 30's? Thanks

"I wouldn't recommend sex,drugs, or insanity for everyone but they've always worked for me." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

#4    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 15 February 2004 - 06:04 AM

The 'Dropas' story is a completely fabricated one authored by Erik Von Daniken. Details of the hoax can be found in the original thread, HERE

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#5    ScreaminEagle

ScreaminEagle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:33 AM

Magikman, I see where you are coming from saying this is a hoax. Was this article the final word on the Dropa stones, though? Maybe this was an attempt by the media to cover up the facts. To have some guys write a total fiction book so later it could be debunked. What about the pics of the Dropa rulers in the 40's only being like 3 ft. tall and only weighing 30 or 40 lbs.?

Wondering if anyone could find an article about the find in the 30's with pics? Also, if there actually was a Dr. Tsum Um Nui?

Edited by ScreaminEagle, 15 February 2004 - 09:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users