Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

I was speaking with a friend the other day that has been going through some really hard times these days. Every time she turns around something bad is happening to her. Its all things that are completely out of her control that are happening.

We got to talking about Karma, and she said maybe its coming back to get her for something she did?

That got me wondering if itís real? If good and bad can really come back to you through Karma. I use to believe in Karma but have lost faith in it myself. I have seen too many bad people thrive in life and people, who are good, never seem to get a hand up from Karma.

Does anyone have any examples about Karma, and how it helped or hurt you

I wish I could be as cool as you...and say the things you do

#2    Sun_Shine11

Sun_Shine11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

I believe Karma is real.I notice in my life everytime I do something nice for someone -it comes back to me in some way. Also whenever I spend my last penny on someone I get money in the mail or something. I love it. Try it for a week.

#3    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,305 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

Karma in the true sense of the word is not about punishment but a way of maintaining balance. The law of Karma is  "cause and effect". Your every action [deed] has an equal reaction. At least that's my understanding of it

iheartsugarbear

#4    Nik Xues

Nik Xues

The Still Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

karma is quite real.

slap some one in the face and chances are they'll slap you back.
and if they dont everyone else will see that it levels out.

the reverse is also true.

True Scientists consider all possibilities until they have evidence stating otherwise.
the others are idiots simply waiting for proof of existence.

#5    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

Been alive for nearly half a century,and have always believed in karma.but it is hard to explain,What goes around comes around.Most of my life when I was a child to my teens I was troubled with alot of stuff,and found that when I did wrong and thought I had gotten away with something bad it would allway come back and bite me in the a$$,it wasnt thatsomeone told or found out it just came back around and hurt me twice as bad,when I did good deeds it too came back twice fold.I know this sounds strange but heres an example :I saw this guy stranded on our streets in his car and I also noticed that he had out of state plates and lets just say that where he was stranded it was a very dangerous place to be in this one certain neighborhood being that all the car jackings and killings that take place there,he had Two flat tires and noone was helping this elderly man.I also noticed that he had his windows rolled up and the car was still running for it was a very hot day being were in Texas in the middle of JULY,He looked scared and was crying.I being the person I am went out to talk to this man.He told me that he had just been robed and that they took his wallet and all his cash and cell phone,He discribed the assailents and to my amazment he discribed some people that I knew and had trouble with in the past.,they had also stabed his tires so he could not get away.I told him to keep his door locked while I went to call the police but before I could the assailents came back and started to torment this man,luckly I was there and when they saw me they got really scared and lost focus on the old man I told those punks that if they wanted to survive the night  they had better give back all the stuff they had taken from him,those guys were very scared of me because they knew that I wasnt bull sh ting with them and they knew that I wouldnt hesetate to bury anyone of them,they gave back all his cash his wallet and his cell phone on the spot"DIDNT mention that my boys were all holding guns"they also had to go and buy this man two new tires .after the old man left is when the police showed up,never got that old mans name.Two week later I was in Oaklahoma on a fishing trip when I had car trouble in a remote spot far away from anyone and any place I was stuck for about 6 hours and along came this white long car and parked next to me while I was under the car all I could see was this guys shoes and a voice I heard before but was unable to put a face to the voice,he said "MY ranch is only 5 or 6 miles from here and I send you some help I said thank you and by the time I crawled out from under the car he was driving away,about 15 minutes later this young man came and said" My father wants me to help you"and he did just that and when we had fixed the car he invited me back to his ranch to eat.well when I arrived i sat on this big old porch with a view of this private lake and it was beautifull,well as I sat the this old lady brought me some lemonade while I waited for the owner to come out to greet me ,I wanted to thank this man for all the help he had given me,I heard a bunch of comotion going on insideof the house and thought I saw  someone looking at me throught the window ,when the young guy came back out he gave me a big hug to my amazenent and so did the old lady with tears in her eyes,when the old timer came out it was the old man that I had helped.they were so thankfull and thats when the old man said "GOD knows you.you had protected me and in turn he lead me to help you'its a small world and what goes around comes around,to this day I still go see him and he lets me fish on his land when ever I want ,he is a GREAT MAN.I do strongly believe in "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. original.gif

#6    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

Sho_Sho on Apr 11 2008, 06:47 PM, said:

I was speaking with a friend the other day that has been going through some really hard times these days. Every time she turns around something bad is happening to her. Its all things that are completely out of her control that are happening.

We got to talking about Karma, and she said maybe its coming back to get her for something she did?

That got me wondering if itís real? If good and bad can really come back to you through Karma. I use to believe in Karma but have lost faith in it myself. I have seen too many bad people thrive in life and people, who are good, never seem to get a hand up from Karma.

I definitely believe in Karma and balancing ones heart and Life, and how we affect the hearts of others around us, I know we are fallible as humans but the right thing is to relies our mistakes and make all of it right if we possibly can, as bring ones heart back into balance one again will be a causing of the bad karma effected and changed to neutral or as Good Karma do to bring ones heart and thoughts within our life back into a balance of harmonyÖAs for the Good Karma it is as I see it, Love Agape and respect of heart. The negative Karma affects those we come into contact with as thus does the good karma of one's heartÖand heart action choices I am not sure if that is the Karma of the Buitist Hindus but it is how I see karmaÖPeace and Good Karma to you.

Thanks...Pavot

Edited by Pavot, 11 April 2008 - 10:13 PM.

#7    Crovus v2.0

Crovus v2.0

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• Your life is yours. Rise up and live it.

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:53 AM

I completely believe in karma. And yes, karma can be a b@#$%.

A couple years ago I found out that a good friend of mine from back home (I was living in Kansas at the time, but home was Nebraska) had just broken up with his girlfriend. She had moved from Pennsylvania to be with him and when he left her she pretty much just stayed with some friends she had made in the year she'd lived there with him. I never got to know her that well, but after talking to her for a little while she seemed like a pretty good person to be with. Needless to say we got together and I had a very good few months with her. Well the people she was living with felt she should move on with her life and suggested that since we were so good together that I find a place for her with me in Kansas. So I talked it over with her and with a guy I worked with and made an arrangement to be roommates on an apartment since none of us could afford one by ourselves. I was just about the happiest guy alive since this would be the first girlfriend in almost 5 years that would actually live near me.
3 days after we moved into his apartment (He had just gotten a divorce and needed help to pay rent) I wake up out of a dead sleep with the feeling of something being wrong. I went into the living room to find his head in her lap with her playing with his hair. I didn't know it at the time, but had I came in just 10 minutes sooner, I would have seen something far more shocking. The weekend before she moved down I took him up to meet her in Nebraska and apparently they started talking to each other over the phone right away. There was nothing wrong with my relationship with her. For whatever reason she decided she would rather try a relationship with someone she had just met than with someone who she's heard from everyone who knows me, that I'm a great person.
Needless to say I was crushed. But I didn't get nearly as mad as everyone thought I would. I even gave her the opportunity to redeem herself. She then proceeded to manipulate me in an attempt to get me to drive her back to Pennsylvania. About a week later I gave up on her for good. And that was when karma struck her. She wound up pregnant with his child. He turned out to be an abusive, over-protective boyfriend. I had no idea he'd be like that. But I guess that was his way of dealing with his cheating ex-wife. (I actually became fairly good friends with his ex after this tongue.gif)
Shortly after I broke up with her, I met my wife. She has got to be the absolute greatest thing to happen to me. She takes care of me like none other tongue.gif And I won't take any day with her for granted.

I feel that that was the good karma of not going nuts and beating the crap out of my ex or the guy who decided to cheat on me (with me in the next room no less!)

So yeah, I really feel that karma is quite real.

-C

"People are stupid. They'll believe any lie. Either because they fear it to be true, or wish it were so."

#8    peps1154

peps1154

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:47 AM

Karma is actually a hindu idea that says that if you are good in your life you will be reborn into a highier cast in the next. It annoys me a bit that TV, with shows like "My Name is Earl" (which I love btw) has turned karma into the concept of the good you do returning to you in the present life. My point is that I don't think it should be called karma because karma doesnt occur within the lenght of one lifetime. However I do believe that doing good will bring you good. Well anyways the whole point of the post is to educate about the true meaning of the word. grin2.gif

#9    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• 2,046 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:23 AM

From my experience Karma is in the Now, meaning that what you do now will give you the consequences now, in other words, live a good life and good things come back at ya, and live a bad one and bad things will happen.

Reap as you so, as it is said. That's pretty much it.

Do to your fellow man what you wan't them to do to you .

And so on.

www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America
Increase your astral proection skills - Here at Unexplained Mysteries Forums!

#10    Lightning88

Lightning88

Psychic Spy

• 1,139 posts

• When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.
    -Leo Burnett

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

i belive in karma,my family went through years of crap,while at the same time helping others.we watched as a family friend treated the whole town like crap.long story short her son smashed her car steals from her,shes losing money and has probs all the time,i started a company,have a new car and am in love with a great girl,and my fam is happy.karma is real.

#11    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

I really do hope karma is real, My ex husband has a lot of bad things coming his way if so.  I never wish harm on anyone, and always hope everyone is happy in their own way..I just get frustrated when you see "bad" people thrive while good people who take the hard road struggle. It seems so backwards to me.

I wish I could be as cool as you...and say the things you do

#12    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,050 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

Sho_Sho on Apr 15 2008, 02:56 PM, said:

I really do hope karma is real, My ex husband has a lot of bad things coming his way if so.  I never wish harm on anyone, and always hope everyone is happy in their own way..I just get frustrated when you see "bad" people thrive while good people who take the hard road struggle. It seems so backwards to me.

Well, now THAT's not good Karma to think that way... LOL

I totally beleive in Karma grin2.gif That's why my favorite TV show is My Name is Earl.

linked-image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#13    Lightning88

Lightning88

Psychic Spy

• 1,139 posts

• When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.
    -Leo Burnett

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

BiffSplitkins on Apr 15 2008, 07:15 PM, said:

Well, now THAT's not good Karma to think that way... LOL

I totally beleive in Karma grin2.gif That's why my favorite TV show is My Name is Earl.

linked-image

OMG,LMAO

#14    Kevin A.

Kevin A.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:18 AM

Sho_Sho on Apr 11 2008, 02:47 PM, said:

No karma is not real. If it was would we have such sayings as "the good die young" or the like?

Karma is an idea embraced by those unwilling or able to balance out the scale of right and wrong through their actions. Sometimes even actions dont help though. They believe some cosmic force or deity is going to even things out. Kind of like a real time heaven and hell idea. Good deeds rewarded at some point and bad deeds punished at some point.

What helps people continue to believe in this thing is that life is constantly changing. As long as you help yourself and dont just give up, bad times will turn better. If you live through enough good times bad things are bound to happen because its part of life. Then again some people end up with a life of only bad time or only good times. We all play the odds every day. Things happen.

The real question is why do people only like to think about the warm and fuzzy side of karma? The bad people getting their due and good people finally getting out of some rough times side of it. How come no one brings up the point that child born into this world innocent, raised by a good family, educated, landed a good job with a new family and good kids is going to be repaid in full for all these good times? Not quite so warm and fuzzy now is it?

Kevin A.

#15    Lightning88

Lightning88

Psychic Spy

• 1,139 posts

-Leo Burnett

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

Kevin A. on Apr 16 2008, 01:18 AM, said:

No karma is not real. If it was would we have such sayings as "the good die young" or the like?

Karma is an idea embraced by those unwilling or able to balance out the scale of right and wrong through their actions. Sometimes even actions dont help though. They believe some cosmic force or deity is going to even things out. Kind of like a real time heaven and hell idea. Good deeds rewarded at some point and bad deeds punished at some point.

What helps people continue to believe in this thing is that life is constantly changing. As long as you help yourself and dont just give up, bad times will turn better. If you live through enough good times bad things are bound to happen because its part of life. Then again some people end up with a life of only bad time or only good times. We all play the odds every day. Things happen.

The real question is why do people only like to think about the warm and fuzzy side of karma? The bad people getting their due and good people finally getting out of some rough times side of it. How come no one brings up the point that child born into this world innocent, raised by a good family, educated, landed a good job with a new family and good kids is going to be repaid in full for all these good times? Not quite so warm and fuzzy now is it?

Kevin A.

i think you have bad karma coming.lmao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users