Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

whats your favorite urban legend?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 13 August 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

The woman and the lobster one

ewwww....

Posted Image

#62    digidigibam

digidigibam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

The biggest urban legend will have to be 911. 2 planes 3 buildings, do the math.

#63    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostJonny Wonny, on 14 October 2008 - 06:53 PM, said:

Hey can someone tell me about The Hookman, because I keep hearing people talk about it, but no one has ever posted the story on here style_emoticons/default/sad.gif PLEASE...
Don't know the hook man but I have heard of Duff Man.  :yes:

#64    starchild1976

starchild1976

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Free Just Cause It Says It's Free!!! There's a legend-urban-suburban- rural or Tokio!

#65    Ookami-Rose

Ookami-Rose

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• ''Never be afraid to let the world know who you are'' ~ Anonymous

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

Slenderman, hands down.

I have notebooks full of drawings of slenderman, operator symbols and lines from marble hornets and stories I've read through here, I read and watched so much I got really paranoid and wanted to put a camera on while I was sleeping but I didn't because I was scared I would see something, I started losing sleep and I hated being anywhere dark and never wanted to go outside at night.. I was that obsessed you'd think I was a slender victim but really, I was a victim of the internet ._.

it completely took over my mind like nothing else ever has, it terrified and intrigued me, I got consumed by it and that's why I love it so much, and get annoyed at people or stories that get it wrong or try to change it, it did exactly what it was trying to do perfectly and it's my favourite urban legend :)

Love is love no matter who you find it in.
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

#66    Monster Archiver

Monster Archiver

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Has to be Spring heeled Jack for me.

#67    Firetastic

Firetastic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

My favourite Urban Legend have to be where a lady has just finished her shopping and is putting it in the boot of the car when she is approached by an old lady with a huge shopping bag.  The old lady says she has been walking all day and wonders if she can get a lift home.  Being the nice lady she says yes.  She lets the lady in the car but suddenly is overcome by a sense of foreboding.  Something doesn't feel right.  At the last minute she hesitates and makes an excuse she has left her credit card in one of the stores.  She eventually finds a Security Guard and asks him to ride in her car.  When they return to the car the old lady is gone but the lady's bag is left in the front passenger footwell.  On closer inspection they find the clothes and wig the old lady was wearing along with a knife, duct tape and rope.  The man who had disguised himself as an old lady suspected he had been caught and abandoned the bag.

#68    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

By far - the "Black Eyed Kids"... There is something just spine chilling about a couple kids showing up at ones door and asking to come into the home. I think that there is a movie in that somewhere that could scare people silly.

#69    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

Where Im from (Croatia) we have  much different Urban legends then yours.
I knew one girl who collected them. Anyway, my scariest was about Gypsies who kindap/steals kids and sent them in Italy. It was based on true stories. Yugoslavia then as Croatia now is transit country. Many human trafficing goes trough it. Especially there was famous Yugoslav movie "Dom za vješanje" Time of the gypsies which talk about Gypsy trafficking from Bosnia to Italy.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#70    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

At my primary school we had fenced gardens in certain areas. Anyway there was this one gnarled old tree or shrub (not particularly big), with a chain hanging off it: no-one knew where it came from. You'll be starting to see where thsi is going haha. Anyway it was called the "Ghost Chain" and was said to be where a teacher was hanged by a bunch of pupils, and that anyoen who touched it would die or suffer some horrible fate. So a friend of mine decided to challenge this- he jumped over the railings and touched the chain. Jumped back over all triumphant-like, and immediately a wasp sting him in the ear! 'Course he was alright, but it fair scared the absolute crap out of us!! Never went near that chain it's safe to say, haha. The school has since closed. Shame really as it was a beautiful old building. Wonder if the chain's still there.

Funnily enough another friend there was big into horror films and scary stories and told me all the ones like "Human can lick too" and "bloody fingers", although I don't think the Black-Eyed Children one was around then, I'm quite familiar with this one and it's quite creepy I suppose.

I remember scaring a friend who was staying at mine after a High School Christmas dance since he lived further out the town than me, and we'd all been drinking. So walking along a pitch-black country lane and I'm telling him about Muckle Black Tyke the black dog! :devil:

Click-Click Slide is another wierd legend. I don't know if it's Rural Scottish, or if it was my aforementioned friend's own but it sounds kind of Germanic/Eastern European and it's pretty gnarly. The click-click slid is a wee bit similar to the thump-thump drag idea. But it's about a witch/hag with no legs who drags herself around the forest with her long talons "click, click, sliiiiiiiiide". Oh, and she's not very nice.

Isn't there one regarding pineapples being one molecule away from semen? I can believe the magerine and plastic thing, but that?!

Edited by Urisk, 01 October 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#71    Amy the Mighty

Amy the Mighty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostMrs V, on 11 February 2009 - 04:15 AM, said:

I also get a bit scared of the 'deliverance' stereotype of crazy inbred mountain people, when we drive through the wilderness.

A relative of mine used to work for the National Parks. He is very good with trees. The programme he worked for, would run an exchange with some colleges in Canada and the US. He would take the Canadian and American boys out on a camp out as part of their induction when they came over to do a semester in our forests. On the first night, he would tell them some story about a crazy man in the bush who rapes young men in the night. Sometimes, around midnight, he or a co-worker (in on the joke) would wander away from the campsite a few hundred metres, and then make a few loud screams, for added effect.

At the end of the camp, he would let them in on the joke. They did it every year. It became a bit of an informal right-of-passage.

#72    Hippycrite

Hippycrite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• even the President of the United States must sometimes have to stand naked-Bob Dylan

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

We had several locally. The witch and the well involved an old lady who would snatch kids that got into her yard and cruelly torture them before tossing the bodies down the well in the back yard. The "peg-leg" was waiting behind the bushes in the alley, and if he grabbed you, you would never be seen again. The "Lagoon Monster" was a version of the Hook Man. The sand pits near town was a handy place for kids to swim and fish, but would claim a drowning victim almost annually. Many stories were told of a swimmer going out a certain distance when the water would "boil" with water-moccassins. "He never had a chance".

#73    Herobrine123

Herobrine123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, I found this on my cousin's IPod. It told you to forward it, but I couldn't figure out how so I didn't. But I still didn't hear giggles coming through the toilet.

#74    Strigoaica

Strigoaica

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• "Some are like water, some are like the heat,
    some are a melody and some are the beat."
    (Alphaville, "Forever Young")

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Mine isn't scary at all. Maybe that's why I fell for it? :whistle:

One fine evening Mr. Whoever's dogs had been playing around the house as they used to, when one of them returned with a dead rabbit in its mouth. To Mr. Whoever's horror, he recognised the poor little thing as one of his neighbour's rabbits. Upset as he was, Mr. Whoever decided to limit the damage. He gave the dead rabbit a shower until it looked all clean again. He even blow-dried its fur. Afterwards, he crept into his neighbour's garden and put the rabbit back in its place, that is into its cage. Contented with his clever idea of faking the rabbit's natural death, Mr. Whoever went back home.
The next morning, Mr. Whoever's doorbell rang. It was his neighbour, who told him a peculiar story of a deceased rabbit he'd buried a few days ago - and that had lain in its cage this morning! Strikingly clean, but dead none the less! :w00t:

"Some are like water, some are like the heat,
some are a melody and some are the beat."

(Alphaville, "Forever Young")

#75    Tisha69

Tisha69

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Bloody Mary scares the heck out of me. I have never done it and never will...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users