Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

dreams,art and stuff

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    jesse lindsay

jesse lindsay

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:51 AM

hi! im new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place but here goes:

my names jesse,im an artist and i have,for years,had very vivid dreams which i base much of my art on.
recently i have been having the most elaborate ones ever where these beings,much like elongated mantis people or something,hard to explain,go through very simple rituals and explain things to me that i cant really remember or understand.
i have spent years on the study of dreams and have been in contact with many people around the world and it seems a LOT of people are having dreams like this.
any thoughts? i have attached a few images of mine based on them,ill give more details on them if youd like,im mainly trying to find other people who have this kind of stuff in common and if any one has insight on whats happening.

in the most vivid dreams figures are gathered around a table and showing me things that look like shards of living amber that float around said table,in another a figure is on 'fire' for lack of a better term and is manipulating a small cosmos around itself, some of them seem to be creating orbs that look like planets.

would love to know what you guys think or hear other stories to the affect.

so yeah,thanks a lot for your time!

jesse

www.jesselindsay.com

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Attached Files

#2    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,177 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

Welcome aboard, Jesse. Your images are beautiful and evocative.

The source of dreams is also the source of art. You know that.

Our dreams are a delicate balance of things that are personal to us and things we share, surely with the rest of humanity, and maybe with our fellow mammals, too. So, you can forgive me a chuckle when you write

... it seems a LOT of people are having dreams like this.

Whatever is dreamt at all is dreamt by a lot of people.

I don't interpret dreams, but maybe can throw out some of the shared stuff for your own reflection.

"... told me something which I didn't understand (or don't remember, or can't explain, or ... )" is a frequent feature of both dream and "altered state" reports. You're in the wrong part of the mind for words to work properly.

Here's an image of that problem. Maybe thinking about it will help (either better to recall what you are told, or else to be at peace that you do not).

After his initiation by Circe, Odysseus visits Tiresias in the underworld, from whom he needs information that must come as words. For Tiresias to speak, there must be a sacrifice. Odysseus makes the sacrifice, forcibly prevents other voices from gorging themselves on the blood, and Tiresias partakes. He then speaks clearly and at length.

Don't kill any animals! That isn't what this image is about.

As to your art, there is a great tension between your many mandalas (meant generically, as any figure with intersecting axes of symmetry that define a center) and your bold symmetry breaking (or single axis, or non intersecting axes) figures, some organic, some artifical. Carl Jung would have recognized your themes in a heartbeat.

I don't know whether you want to check that out or not. It might be like the centipede being paralyzed by the question "which foot do I move next?" You're obviously walking just fine, and it may be for the best that plodders like me stay out of your way.

Anyway, great post. Thank you.

Posted Image

#3    AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Super Duper effort there, pal.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

In the first image, what does the hindu symbol in the middle represent?  Was it in your dream or did you incorporate that into the painting?  It's lovely whatever you did, all of them are original.gif

Are a lot of these symbols on the paintings, especially the one with the rose in the tower, are they religious?  They are very interesting, if you know anyone who is any good with historical symbols give them a shout, i'm off to check out your website!

Angel x

You'll give your love to me, for love is blind.

The phantom of the opera is now, your mastermind

#4    Lady Otterwynnd

Lady Otterwynnd

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

• "We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us." -Marcel Proust

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:53 AM

AngelOfMusic on Apr 13 2008, 12:58 PM, said:

In the first image, what does the hindu symbol in the middle represent?  Was it in your dream or did you incorporate that into the painting?  It's lovely whatever you did, all of them are original.gif

Are a lot of these symbols on the paintings, especially the one with the rose in the tower, are they religious?  They are very interesting, if you know anyone who is any good with historical symbols give them a shout, i'm off to check out your website!

Angel x

That's OM I think. The sound the Universe made when it was created. It means everything, as in the existence of all matter in harmony, in the universe and is often used in meditation. I've actually found myself easily affected when this word is chanted. I kind of go into a meditative state (probably just shifting to alpha or theta brain waves) when I listen to it for about 30 seconds. Here's the wiki link for Om, sorry I couldn't get a more reliable source, but wiki actually seems to have this article right.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om

Btw, I love the art!!! It's so beautiful. Dreams are often used for artistic inspiration, and just from glancing at these pieces of art I can see some complex symbols incorporated into them, like the signs of the zodiac, om, etc. I'd have to say this inspiration is quite a gift and should be cherished! I'm an artist myself, and maybe I should be looking into my dreams for dramatic inspiration!

My karma ran over your dogma.

#5    Lady Otterwynnd

Lady Otterwynnd

Psychic Spy

• 1,520 posts

• "We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us." -Marcel Proust

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:54 AM

Here we go. Hindu symbol of OM. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Om.svg
Looks like this is what's in the first painting after all.

My karma ran over your dogma.

#6    DfizzleShizzle

DfizzleShizzle

Psychic Spy

• 1,318 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

Send a PM to Darkbreed...I always reccomend him to people who need dream interpretations...He's out travelling somewhere, so he isn't on as much as usual...He doesn't respond to topics really anymore, but he usually replies to PM's....He's very good at that stuff, just tell him Heartagram told you to check him out...He's also good with AP and stuff of the liek..

"A believer is a songless bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wings." -Robert G. Ingersoll

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

#7    bleedingelite

bleedingelite

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

Wow, Jesse. That's some amazing work!

#8    bleedingelite

bleedingelite

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:05 AM

I'm not even kidding. This stuff is amazing. If I were a man of excess dollars, I'd offer to buy some physical prints off of you. This is the kind of art that I could lose myself in for days. I hope you plan on making a living with it, because I'm sure you could.

#9    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:15 AM

You have extremely gifted talents Jesse, as an artist, poet writer myself I can appreciate the deep raw talents and creativity from within, it is cool your subjects are  dream based, very cool and good luck searching in your dream  and spiritual quests, and journey. Pavot

#10    Strange and Beautiful.

Strange and Beautiful.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Love is metaphysical gravity.

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

Very very beautiful and inspiring.

You will have to make your own interpretation, my perspective is completely different.
But I see something, like a world, a complex organism, simplified and stretched out again. Possibility. Small is big and big is small and 1 is 10000 and 10000 is 1.

Or maybe I've just dropped too much acid.

=D

All in all.

Amazing

alyssia;        
   Pisces Sun. Scorpio Moon. Aquarius Rising
           Waking dreams in a sleeping life frozen.                        

#11    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

That's amazing, I wish I was that good.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#12    Walks in Snow

Walks in Snow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away."

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

Beautiful!

The 4th painting, titled The Hanged Man, is most revealing...it reminds me of the human 2 helix DNA strand...somehow the name and image seems appropriate.
Your on to something Jesse...

In Love, Light & Unity,
Walks in Snow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users