Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

comet planet heading for earth

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

according to nostradamus in 2012 there is supposed to be a comet planet heading to earth and many nostardamus schollars believe that comet lee maybe the comet, i want to know if you think it could happen

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#2    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:05 AM

dr alien on Apr 14 2008, 04:04 PM, said:

according to nostradamus in 2012 there is supposed to be a comet planet heading to earth and many nostardamus schollars believe that comet lee maybe the comet, i want to know if you think it could happen

What is a "comet planet"?

No, I don't think it can happen.  You're talking about Comet "Lee" (1999/H1), which won't be around again in the life time of anyone on this planet currently...nor in the next 30 to 40,000 generations...let alone in 2012.

The "prophecies" regarding this very long period comet arose from something called the Millenium Group (a name which, since the 1996-1999 TV show "Millennium", has become a somewhat catchy for alot of organizations).

This particular "Millennium Group" appears to be a bunch of pseudo-scientists who not only watched a pretty darn good TV series, but took it far too seriously, and thus create lots of doom and gloom theories about things they can't substantiate.

Comet 1999/H1 is gone...forever, as far as anyone on Earth is concerned.

#3    AllP0werToSlaves

AllP0werToSlaves

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• Nailed in your chair, you're living dismally...

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

^That's the reasoning I was looking for original.gif

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools, shown in the media, or proclaimed by the church and state. Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance, taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality, a collective dream in which values are inverted, lies are taken as truth, and tyranny is accepted as security. They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity"-Thomas Cox

#4    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:26 PM

AllP0werToSlaves on Apr 15 2008, 12:44 PM, said:

^That's the reasoning I was looking for original.gif

wink2.gif

#5    SoulFire

SoulFire

* Hi-Tech Redneck *

• 2,638 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

ohmy.gif  OMG.  i guess i can max all my credit cards out & not worry about paying for it then

Edited by SoulFire, 15 April 2008 - 09:23 PM.

#6    Roughneck

Roughneck

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

• Certainly no potato.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:22 AM

SoulFire on Apr 15 2008, 04:23 PM, said:

ohmy.gif  OMG.  i guess i can max all my credit cards out & not worry about paying for it then

I wonder how many people will file for bankrupcy on December 22nd, 2012.  Perhaps we won't see a spike in bankrupcy filings until January 1st, 2013.  I'm laughing so hard, right now.

You point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting into two.

#7    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,477 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:06 AM

tongue.gif So does anyone want a Millennium Way Bar?  tongue.gif

This is a Work in Progress!

#8    NoahJaymes

NoahJaymes

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:13 AM

MID on Apr 14 2008, 10:05 PM, said:

What is a "comet planet"?

No, I don't think it can happen.  You're talking about Comet "Lee" (1999/H1), which won't be around again in the life time of anyone on this planet currently...nor in the next 30 to 40,000 generations...let alone in 2012.

The "prophecies" regarding this very long period comet arose from something called the Millenium Group (a name which, since the 1996-1999 TV show "Millennium", has become a somewhat catchy for alot of organizations).

This particular "Millennium Group" appears to be a bunch of pseudo-scientists who not only watched a pretty darn good TV series, but took it far too seriously, and thus create lots of doom and gloom theories about things they can't substantiate.

Comet 1999/H1 is gone...forever, as far as anyone on Earth is concerned.

About sums it up....nice post

#9    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

CryWolf on Apr 15 2008, 10:13 PM, said:

About sums it up....nice post

Thank You, Sir.
thumbsup.gif

#10    Tommy2007

Tommy2007

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• Add water, makes it's own sauce!

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

dr alien on Apr 14 2008, 04:04 PM, said:

Stop believing in nonsense.

#11    yvan

yvan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

I agree, why predict destruction on 2012? Why not world peace or solving world hunger.

At sa pag tulog ng gabi maririnig ang dasal na kabataan uhaw sa tunay na pag mamahal

#12    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,757 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

Can we please avoid personal attacks and insults please. It's a rare, nice warm day here in the UK and I don't want to waste it by deleting posts and issuing warnings. Thank you.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#13    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:39 PM

if your curious about it, look on the following links...
http://www.satansrapture.com/nostra2012.htm
http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm
look for planet x on the last one
the human race itself wont end but heres a link to the picture of it
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap990427.html
it does say that it aproaches the inner solar system

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#14    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,757 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:50 PM

Dr alien, you really do not have even a basic understanding of astronomy do you? (If you did you wouldn't fall for this sort of nonsense).

The first two links you provided are just unscientific, superstitious mumbo-jumbo. They really have no place in the science forum.

The third link is a nice picture of a small comet. It provoked the sort of "the end is near" nonsense you are promoting in 1999. It had just as much basis in reality as Comet Lee passed harmlessly through the inner solar system and back out into deep space where it will never trouble us again.

Dozens of comets are passing through the inner solars system at any given time. There is a tiny risk that one may hit, but there is no such thing as a comet planet and there is no known object on a collision course with Earth in 2012.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 08 May 2008 - 04:51 PM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#15    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

Waspie_Dwarf on May 8 2008, 04:50 PM, said:

Dr alien, you really do not have even a basic understanding of astronomy do you? (If you did you wouldn't fall for this sort of nonsense).

The first two links you provided are just unscientific, superstitious mumbo-jumbo. They really have no place in the science forum.

The third link is a nice picture of a small comet. It provoked the sort of "the end is near" nonsense you are promoting in 1999. It had just as much basis in reality as Comet Lee passed harmlessly through the inner solar system and back out into deep space where it will never trouble us again.

Dozens of comets are passing through the inner solars system at any given time. There is a tiny risk that one may hit, but there is no such thing as a comet planet and there is no known object on a collision course with Earth in 2012.

try doing some research on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users