Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

psychic abilities

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    i3igRed

i3igRed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

• "All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in the rain."

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

this might sound like a stupid question, but im interested. all i wanted to know is theres anyway to strenghten your abilities? iv always had the ability to see signs and numers and such in my dreams and sometimes life. but recently its been happing alot more often. just the other day out of no where i woke up at about 5 30 am and just heard a flock of crows outside my window. mind u we rarely see any crows round here let alone a whole group of them. when i heard it i automaticly knew it was a prediction for something bad that was to happen (cause thats what it usually means), and sure enought later that day i called one of my friends and she told me that her uncle died that morning. also iv been seeing alot of # recently. like, every day for whatever reason i keep lookin up at the clock at exactly either 11:11 or 1:11. this 1111 things been going on for months now. please let me know if anyone can help. i would really like to develep my abilities a bit more.

Posted Image

#2    Promethius

Promethius

Transient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

• Knowledge is Power

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

Ah, here we are... I went away to get something to eat and forgot what i was replying too for a minuet there...

Yeah, as far as i know the only way of strengthening psychic powers is practice.  thumbsup.gif

please excust the typos i'm in a red-bull induced hyperness.  thumbsup.gif

#3    Divinity

Divinity

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

The main base of developing psychic abilities is to meditate. You should consider yourself lucky because you were born with enhanced abilities before developing them. If you want to be better or be able to control it is to meditate.

#4    i3igRed

i3igRed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

• "All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in the rain."

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

thanks! ill try meditating and see where it gets me. hopefully my abilities arent limited at where they are at right now. lol

Posted Image

#5    -Jaded.Silhouette-

-Jaded.Silhouette-

Psychic Spy

• 1,271 posts

• "...what is truth for us today may be just a stepping stone to a higher understanding that may be given to us tomorrow." -Jwnody

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:13 AM

That would scare me... honestly. I've been waking up between 3:18 and 3:48 a lot lately...

#6    Thisisnotmyname

Thisisnotmyname

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:33 AM

I definitely agree with Divinity's response - meditation is the way to go. Going along with that, you may also want to practice concentration exercises (they work hand in hand).

#7    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

I think that random number association that we notice is our own internal mechanism mirroring our own efforts and organizing our world or some aspect of it. If you are working on a relationship, cataloging your CD collections, I know those might seem ill examples but that is the frame of mind and those efforts manifest in us seeing patterns in other unrelated areas, such as numbers. It is also like when you buy a car you start seeing everyone else having the same type while before you did not notice it as much.

#8    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

i was in school near to the end of luch and i had this really weird felling that the fire alarm was gonna go off. and while i was in regesration afterwards there was i fire drill and all the alarms went off like they do but i was really freaked out by this. im convinced that everyone would have a vision or a feeling about something that will happen in the future

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#9    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

dr alien on Apr 24 2008, 03:14 PM, said:

i was in school near to the end of luch and i had this really weird felling that the fire alarm was gonna go off. and while i was in regesration afterwards there was i fire drill and all the alarms went off like they do but i was really freaked out by this. im convinced that everyone would have a vision or a feeling about something that will happen in the future

Can you learn to spell right  so we can understand what you are saying?

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic, 24 April 2008 - 08:28 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#10    -Jaded.Silhouette-

-Jaded.Silhouette-

Psychic Spy

• 1,271 posts

• "...what is truth for us today may be just a stepping stone to a higher understanding that may be given to us tomorrow." -Jwnody

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

dr alien on Apr 24 2008, 03:14 PM, said:

Those are called hunches.

#11    salvationisnowhere

salvationisnowhere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

Maybe you shouldnt dwell on things like numbers or thinking bad stuffs going to happen. I know it sounds silly but people get obsessed with things like this and it can end up ruining their lives. Wow I sound like im trying to be all superior. I dont mean it like that, and thats pretty extreme, but the mind is a delicate thing and easily manipulated into feelings that arent necessarily real.

#12    Wombat

Wombat

Psychic Spy

• 1,481 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

i3igRed on Apr 19 2008, 07:27 PM, said:

this might sound like a stupid question, but im interested. all i wanted to know is theres anyway to strenghten your abilities? iv always had the ability to see signs and numers and such in my dreams and sometimes life. but recently its been happing alot more often. just the other day out of no where i woke up at about 5 30 am and just heard a flock of crows outside my window. mind u we rarely see any crows round here let alone a whole group of them. when i heard it i automaticly knew it was a prediction for something bad that was to happen (cause thats what it usually means), and sure enought later that day i called one of my friends and she told me that her uncle died that morning. also iv been seeing alot of # recently. like, every day for whatever reason i keep lookin up at the clock at exactly either 11:11 or 1:11. this 1111 things been going on for months now. please let me know if anyone can help. i would really like to develep my abilities a bit more.

There are no psychic abilities, or at least no reason to believe that they exist.

Edited by Wombat, 27 April 2008 - 07:43 PM.

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
 God gave the secret, and denied it me?
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too.

Omar Khayyam

#13    BlackFrost

BlackFrost

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

I agree..... meditation is an excellent tool to increase psychic abilities.... also, journaling dreams keeps the mind sharp towards tapping the subconscious mind and its ability to help you manifest.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

#14    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

Wombat on Apr 27 2008, 02:39 PM, said:

There are no psychic abilities, or at least no reason to believe that they exist.

Thankyou. My advice for the opener. Take up a hobby. It will be a lot more productive.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#15    Wombat

Wombat

Psychic Spy

• 1,481 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

BlackFrost on Apr 27 2008, 08:45 PM, said:

I agree..... meditation is an excellent tool to increase psychic abilities.... also, journaling dreams keeps the mind sharp towards tapping the subconscious mind and its ability to help you manifest.

On what do you base these assertions?

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
 God gave the secret, and denied it me?
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too.

Omar Khayyam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users