Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

psychic abilities

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31    eight bits

eight bits

• 7,625 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:58 AM

Meditation can be shutting down. All the meditation I have ever done was the complete opposite. Energy, emotion, and thought manipulation, the mind did not shut down for any of that but rather was on overdrive.

The mind doesn't usually "shut down" in the relaxation response, although having arrived there, in a physiological state different from sleep, someone might pass through it and nod off.

People do, or experience without "doing," all sorts of mental states once they reach the relaxtion response.

Some people prefer restricted and patterned activity to "sitting down." Similarly, the "shutting up" can take the form of restricted and patterned thought, such as mantras or mindfulness.

And some people just look at their stamp collection. But not everybody who looks at their stamp collection is meditating. Then again, not everybody who sits down mute is meditating, either.

Meditation is something like the intentional stepping away from ordinary involvement and concerns, while retaining wakeful consciousness. If it is done at all, then it is done correctly. The physiology, left to work for itself, works by itself.

Posted Image

#32    Nik Xues

Nik Xues

The Still Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:25 AM

actually meditation allows you to watch the subconcious work.

man blending is awesome but maintaining awareness of self is importantvif you want to stay sane. seriously its to much info plus somtimes the concious you assumes data is [or shold be] there [this is what causes madness when blending]

blending:
my term for it
the process of merging both concious and sub. this is most likely what allows all the freaky psychic stuff. naturally happens in your sleep dreams are the side-effect.

True Scientists consider all possibilities until they have evidence stating otherwise.
the others are idiots simply waiting for proof of existence.

#33    annsie

annsie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

Psychic ability is a gift which should be respected. Its not for fun nor to try to predict the future. Before you go on asking questions on how to develop it more, you should ask yourself first what will you be doing with it ?

Psychic ability allows you to make connection with things and other dimensions that the normal concious human minds are unable to see or experience. You do not know what these things can be. They can be bad and they can be good. If your own mind is not strong enough to handle the new information it will get exposed to, you will be at risk of developing mental illness such as anxiety.

You need to first develop a strong mind by building up faith in God or in some other Divine Power to help guide you, and you need to be very clear what you are going to do with such ability. I can tell you from personal experience that unless you do so, a keen psychic ability will only scare you and affect your mind equilibrium.

Good luck.

#34    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

annsie on May 4 2008, 03:57 PM, said:

Psychic ability is a gift which should be respected. Its not for fun nor to try to predict the future. Before you go on asking questions on how to develop it more, you should ask yourself first what will you be doing with it ?

Psychic ability allows you to make connection with things and other dimensions that the normal concious human minds are unable to see or experience. You do not know what these things can be. They can be bad and they can be good. If your own mind is not strong enough to handle the new information it will get exposed to, you will be at risk of developing mental illness such as anxiety.

You need to first develop a strong mind by building up faith in God or in some other Divine Power to help guide you, and you need to be very clear what you are going to do with such ability. I can tell you from personal experience that unless you do so, a keen psychic ability will only scare you and affect your mind equilibrium.

Good luck.

no.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#35    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

Clovis on May 2 2008, 07:03 PM, said:

3) Teachers are cool and all but do for self first before trusting in others. There is written material which might be better than any teacher. Not everything in this world when it comes to the psi is based on teachers and students.

agree.

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#36    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

annsie on May 4 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

It is always good to be mindful that we are energy beings first and formost. Energy can not be harmed.

The human experience is about reality perception. It is intended that we feel the emotion of our perceptions. It is also intended that we find a way to balance our energetic expression so that we are not fearful of our experiences.

I also wanted to mention that meditation and reflective thinking (introspection) are both pathways to the 6th sense.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users