Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

How could Adam and Eve know they were naked?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1    sewinglife/chimera

sewinglife/chimera

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 235 posts

• alien dog in a human body????

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:30 AM

originally ask on yahoo anwser.
How could Adam and Eve know they were naked when public nudity and clothing attire of any kind were not invented. How could they just magicaly think that their reproductive organs being shown is taboo, and they just magicaly invent the idea of covering themselves
keep in mind, Eves not going to point at adams penis and laugh saying its to small, they were sposed to be the first humans right? as far as im conserned nudity wouldnt be an issue, and if the climate was bad It would take a while to understand and find fur or what ever.
wWhy would they be ashamed its their natural bodies, they wouldnt even know what nakedness was cause all they knew was being naked.
I don't see whats so sin about nakedness if they were the first humans, I never got this even when I was growing up as a thiest. I am agnostic but I do not but this story or christianity in general, also if you are a bible cherry pick remember this is the orignal word of your god ( talking snakes, and donkeys intact) if you do not believe the bible 100% the truth and word of god, then are you not calling your god a liar.

If only I knew what a signature was???

#2    Lady Otterwynnd

Lady Otterwynnd

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

• "We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us." -Marcel Proust

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:36 AM

sewinglife/chimera on Apr 21 2008, 05:30 PM, said:

originally ask on yahoo anwser.
How could Adam and Eve know they were naked when public nudity and clothing attire of any kind were not invented. How could they just magicaly think that their reproductive organs being shown is taboo, and they just magicaly invent the idea of covering themselves
keep in mind, Eves not going to point at adams penis and laugh saying its to small, they were sposed to be the first humans right? as far as im conserned nudity wouldnt be an issue, and if the climate was bad It would take a while to understand and find fur or what ever.
wWhy would they be ashamed its their natural bodies, they wouldnt even know what nakedness was cause all they knew was being naked.
I don't see whats so sin about nakedness if they were the first humans, I never got this even when I was growing up as a thiest. I am agnostic but I do not but this story or christianity in general, also if you are a bible cherry pick remember this is the orignal word of your god ( talking snakes, and donkeys intact) if you do not believe the bible 100% the truth and word of god, then are you not calling your god a liar.

Because man wrote the Bible and man was already indoctrinated into the belief that showing your genitals was taboo. That leads us to another question; if humans were created in the image of God, did God wear clothes? If not, then why would he create them without clothes? And if he didn't have clothes, then why would he make it "bad" to be naked? That would make him either a hypocrite or a liar.

My karma ran over your dogma.

#3    sewinglife/chimera

sewinglife/chimera

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:47 AM

Lady Otterwynnd on Apr 21 2008, 08:36 PM, said:

Because man wrote the Bible and man was already indoctrinated into the belief that showing your genitals was taboo. That leads us to another question; if humans were created in the image of God, did God wear clothes? If not, then why would he create them without clothes? And if he didn't have clothes, then why would he make it "bad" to be naked? That would make him either a hypocrite or a liar.

Exactly my point, the story makes no sense whats so ever.  It is true that if you deny things like the ark story and adam and eve and keep  cherry picking crap that sounds pleasing to you. The whole bible falls apart because your deity or your source information I.E (the bible) is a false deceptive tool.

#4    Nephilim_Slayer

Nephilim_Slayer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

• μέσα στο βασίλειο

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:59 AM

Lady Otterwynnd on Apr 22 2008, 12:36 AM, said:

look im not disagreeing with you that man wrote the bible...what is God supposed to come down and write him himself then jump back up to heaven? doesnt that defeat the principle of faith in which is one of the more important God works with? adam and eve were both innocent, they knew only good and had no conception of evil whatsoever. by eating the fruit (knowledge between good and evil) they become aware of a whole new world of moral dilemmas.

however how does knowing good from evil affect your perception of nakedness? after adam had eaten the fruit he hid from God? what was his answer? was he embarassed of what he did? adam says "I heard your voice in the Garden and I hid because I was naked." ...omehow, Adam's consciousness of being naked was so profound, so disturbing to him that it trumped in his mind even his sense of shame at having disobeyed the one command of his Maker.

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist." -Usual Suspects

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

#5    Lady Otterwynnd

Lady Otterwynnd

Psychic Spy

• 1,520 posts

• "We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us." -Marcel Proust

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:08 AM

Nephilim_Slayer on Apr 21 2008, 05:59 PM, said:

look im not disagreeing with you that man wrote the bible...what is God supposed to come down and write him himself then jump back up to heaven? doesnt that defeat the principle of faith in which is one of the more important God works with? adam and eve were both innocent, they knew only good and had no conception of evil whatsoever. by eating the fruit (knowledge between good and evil) they become aware of a whole new world of moral dilemmas.

however how does knowing good from evil affect your perception of nakedness? after adam had eaten the fruit he hid from God? what was his answer? was he embarassed of what he did? adam says "I heard your voice in the Garden and I hid because I was naked." ...omehow, Adam's consciousness of being naked was so profound, so disturbing to him that it trumped in his mind even his sense of shame at having disobeyed the one command of his Maker.

But how is being naked bad? In all reality it's not bad at all, unless Adam suddenly became incredibly insecure about...well, his package since he now knew good and evil. Morals are different for every person, culture, population, religion, and belief system on the planet. No two people have the same morals, so how to we prove what is truly "immoral" and "moral"? We can't.

#6    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,174 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:14 AM

Lady Otterwynnd on Apr 21 2008, 08:08 PM, said:

But how is being naked bad? In all reality it's not bad at all, unless Adam suddenly became incredibly insecure about...well, his package since he now knew good and evil. Morals are different for every person, culture, population, religion, and belief system on the planet. No two people have the same morals, so how to we prove what is truly "immoral" and "moral"? We can't.

I believe that God asked Adam the same question.  When God asked Adam who told you that you were naked?

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#7    EtuMalku

EtuMalku

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:16 AM

Jeeez people . . . can we you say allegory and metaphor?

#8    Lady Otterwynnd

Lady Otterwynnd

Psychic Spy

• 1,520 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:19 AM

danielost on Apr 21 2008, 06:14 PM, said:

I believe that God asked Adam the same question.  When God asked Adam who told you that you were naked?

Maybe God (if he exists) runs around naked, for all we know. Maybe nudity as being evil is just some taboo created by man.

#9    Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:20 AM

EtuMalku on Apr 22 2008, 08:16 AM, said:

thumbsup.gif   "Every religion is true one way or another.  It is true when understood metaphorically, but when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then they are in trouble!" -Joseph Campbell

" Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca the Younger.

"Is man an ape or an angel?"-Benjamin Disraeli

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
(To such heights of evil are men driven by religion.)
-Lucretius, DE RERUM NATURA

#10    Lady Otterwynnd

Lady Otterwynnd

Psychic Spy

• 1,520 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:21 AM

EtuMalku on Apr 21 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

We know Etu. We're just assuming that this story means what it means without any metaphors for the sake of the argument.

#11    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,174 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:22 AM

Lady Otterwynnd on Apr 21 2008, 08:19 PM, said:

Maybe God (if he exists) runs around naked, for all we know. Maybe nudity as being evil is just some taboo created by man.

Or maybe be nude is a universal taboo.  Those societies that accept it are wrong, maybe.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#12    Lady Otterwynnd

Lady Otterwynnd

Psychic Spy

• 1,520 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:40 AM

danielost on Apr 21 2008, 06:22 PM, said:

Or maybe be nude is a universal taboo.  Those societies that accept it are wrong, maybe.

Maybe people are just insecure in general.... You know what they say about people with big cars in America.... wink2.gif Maybe we all need to get over our insecurities about our bodies. It seems like the media is promoting less and less clothing....so I guess we're kind of getting over it.

#13    sewinglife/chimera

sewinglife/chimera

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

Lady Otterwynnd on Apr 21 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

Maybe people are just insecure in general.... You know what they say about people with big cars in America.... wink2.gif Maybe we all need to get over our insecurities about our bodies. It seems like the media is promoting less and less clothing....so I guess we're kind of getting over it.

The problem I have is how could adam be inscure about his body I mean he was the first human so the bible says, He would have no reason to hide from eve he had no one to compare himself too.

#14    Lady Otterwynnd

Lady Otterwynnd

Psychic Spy

• 1,520 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:50 AM

sewinglife/chimera on Apr 21 2008, 06:48 PM, said:

The problem I have is how could adam be inscure about his body I mean he was the first human so the bible says, He would have no reason to hide from eve he had no one to compare himself too.

Hm, that's true.... So I guess Adam was just mentally traumatized by God?

#15    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,174 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:56 AM

sewinglife/chimera on Apr 21 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

Maybe Adam started staring at Eve's body after eating the fruit.  Making her selfconcise of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users